Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Hermes - Spatial Manipulator

orkangon2312

This is my very first concept, so please bear with me on this one. I also apologize in advance for any spelling mistakes that might show up, as english is not my mother tongue ^^ I always enjoyed Ash's teleportation ability specifically and in the back of my mind thought what a Warframe would be like that had a greater focus on that. I really enjoy the fast paced gameplay of certain frames, rushing in and out of combat to control or kill anything that wants a piece of Tenno meat. 

When it comes to this concept, I am still rather unsure about the numbers and harder values, which is where I need my fellow Tenno's help. I greatly value your input and any advice you could give me :D

Hermes is supposed to be a fast paced caster, who relies on his abilities to a large degree to keep himself alive, so his values should represent that.

Armor: 75

Health: 100

Shields: 150

Energy: 175

Sprint: 1,15

I have some ideas for his passive(s) and abilities, but am rather unsure about the details and Numbers values. Also, the names are pretty much place holders :D

Passive: Event Horizon

All enemies within affinity range will suffer a debuff.

All ranged weaponry has a 15% chance to have a successful hit be redirected back at the enemy with 10x the damage. This does not affect AoE Damage, status procs or knockdowns. 

All melee enemies will suffer a slow effect of 10% when within 6 meters of range of Hermes.

Anytime Hermes uses his "Blink" ability, he gains a half stack of "Spacial Instability" up to a max of ten stacks. 

With every stack the percentage values of the given debuffs is raised (Redirection +15% per stack, Slow +7.5% per stack). On top of that, the stacks affect his Telefrag ability. 

Every 3 seconds, two stacks decay at once.

All melee weapons gain 1 meter of extra range.

Blink: First ability (20 Energy)

Hermes shifts himself through space, teleporting towards the aiming reticle with a range of 30 meters. 

When aiming on a floor, he reappears there instantly, causing a small stagger to all enemies within 3 meters. 

When aiming at a wall or ledge, he teleports towards it and automatically holds onto it until he moves again. 

When aiming at an enemy or other entity, He will appear next to them, staggering and confusing them for 1.5 seconds. 

After a successful blink, enemies will react confused and will not attack right away (similar to how they react to ending invisibility). 

Every stack of Spatial Instability decreases the cost of the ability by 1 point of energy. 

Group and Drag: Second ability (20 energy)

By pressing the ability button Hermes instantly displaces his foes within 10 meters and brings them in melee range, teleporting them right in front and around himself. 

Enemies gain a marking effect for 2 seconds, after which the next cast will affect them as well, no matter the distance, the effect will then be reapplied. 

All foes will be confused and staggered and left 10% more vulnerable to melee damage for 5 seconds. This vulnerability stacks two times.

Endless Rooms: Third ability (50)

Hermes lengthens the floor on which his opponents stand into infinity, leaving everyone within a radius of 18 meters unable to leave whatever place they stand on for 12 seconds. Enemies can still perform normal actions, except changing location.

Telefrag: Fourth ability (75)

Unleashing his wrath, Hermes sends out a powerful pulse that fractures and contorts the fabric of space-time. This pulse has a range of 25 meters and causes visual glitches in terrain and even worse ones in his enemies for 2 seconds, these are purely visual. Enemies suffer horrible wounds, causing a slash proc equal to 30% of their total health.

Casting the ability consumes Spatial Instability stacks, up to a maximum of 5 stacks. For every stack consumed the Slash proc deals 3% more of the enemies total health.

15 seconds Cooldown.

Synergy: Endless Rooms and Telefrag

When an enemy trapped by Endless Rooms is telefragged, the energies of the two abilities collide, creating an echo of the Telefrag-pulse with range of 5 meters. Nearby enemies hit by the smaller pulse take an additional slash proc worth 5% of the first enemies maximum health. If multiple trapped enemies are close to one another, each one will be hit multiple times, scaling up the damage.

Thank you very much for your interest and attention, im sure this was probably a lot to read. I hope you enjoyed, i would be quite grateful for constructive feedback!

Archived