Star Chart Dojo Showcase - Summer 2022 [Winners Announced]

[DE]Ronnie

1. FeaturedDojo_1080p.jpg

What Are Showcased Dojos?

Every month, a new set of Dojos appears on the Star Chart for all Tenno to visit! The Warframe team selects these Dojos based on designs shared in this quarterly event. Share your Dojo with us and it could be next to receive a place of honor on the Star Chart!

There are two submission categories: Star Chart Ascendant and Star Chart All Stars. Read on for more details!

Guest Judge, IK Proyect joins us to select this round of Star Chart Dojos. IK Proyect is an Xbox Tenno who’s especially active in the Dojo community. His designs have been showcased on the Star Chart with his Clan, 5pectrum!

Star Chart Ascendant Category

The original category, based on the Featured Dojo Contest of the past three years. In this category, Dojos that have never been showcased on the Star Chart are given priority.

There will be three winners selected per Clan tier per platform

• PC: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon x 3
  • PS: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon x 3
  • XB: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon x 3
  • Switch: Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, Moon x 3

Star Chart All Stars Category

Clan Tier does not apply to this category. All Dojos compete based on designs alone. By submitting a Dojo that has been on the Star Chart in the past, your submission is automatically included in both the Star Chart Ascendant category and the Star Chart All Stars category.

There will be one winner per platform:

• PC: Any Clan Tier
  • PS: Any Clan Tier
  • XB: Any Clan Tier
  • Switch: Any Clan Tier

Each Clan can only win in the Star Chart All Stars category one time, but there’s no limit to the number of times Clans can win in the Star Chart Ascendant category. Feel free to submit to future rounds!

2. SectionHeader_Submissions.png

How to Enter

Take us on a tour of your Dojo here in the official contest thread! You may choose to submit images, a video, or both. Please follow these guidelines:

• Images: Maximum 10 images. Show us your Dojo’s best! We recommend uploading images to a host website like Imgur and sharing the link.
  • Video: Maximum 3 minutes long. We recommend uploading video to a host website like YouTube and sharing the link.

You must include the following information with your submission:

• Clan name
  • Clan tier
  • Clan platform
  • Your Clan role (Must be the Founding Warlord or have Architect permissions)

Please keep in mind that, if your Dojo is selected, all players will be able to access your Clan Dojo while it is on the Star Chart!

3. SectionHeader_Prizes.jpg

Star Chart Ascendants receive the bronze, silver, or gold contest trophy and massive stockpiles of resources! The number of Resources awarded to each 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Dojo is determined by Clan size. 

Star Chart All Stars receive the platinum contest trophy and 3 months featured on the Star Chart.

Would You Like to See an Example of a Submission? 👇

Spoiler

Clan name: Hungry Ninja

Clan tier: Shadow

Clan platform: PC

Clan role: Founding Warlord

1. Garden of Giants – They’re peaceful.

Spoiler

1. Garden of Giants.PNG

2. The Waltzing Kubrow Pub – Relax and chat with your clanmates.

Spoiler

2. Waltzing Kubrow.PNG

3. Floating Homes – Watch your step!

Spoiler

3. Floating Homes.PNG

4. Infested Super Slide – Enjoy the ride!

Spoiler

4. Infested Super Slide.PNG

5. Loki Sauna – The café upstairs is open! Enjoy a warm meal after some relaxation in the sauna.

Spoiler

5. Loki Sauna.PNG

6. Greenhouse – The Origin System is full of unique plant life! So much botanical research to conduct, so little time.

Spoiler

6. Greenhouse.PNG

7. Treasury Garden – Thank you, clanmates, for your donations!

Spoiler

7. Treasury Garden.PNG

8. Spawn & Trade – It all started in this room.

Spoiler

8. Spawn Room.PNG

9. Fairy Falls – Our Dojo’s earliest garden.

Spoiler

9. Fairy Falls.PNG

10. Dry Dock – Safe travels, Tenno.

Spoiler

10. Dry Dock.PNG

Our Dojo includes these rooms and so much more! Please come for a visit to see our Octavia Dance Club, Gift Shop, Infested Research Lab, Dry Dock Break Room, many other rooms, and the fully customized hallways that connect them all.

4. SectionHeader_Rules.png

Rules for Submissions

• One submission per Clan
  • Must list your Clan’s name, tier, and platform with your entry
  • Must be the Founding Warlord or have Architect permissions for the Clan whose Dojo you submit
  • Must not exceed 10 images
  • Video tours must not exceed 3 minutes
  • Dojo theme and presentation must be appropriate for the community forums
  • Write your submission in whatever language is most comfortable to you! Make sure, however, it is posted here in the official English contest thread. Submissions posted elsewhere won’t be seen.
  • Do not reserve spots in the official contest thread
  • Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified

Rules for Dojos Selected for the Star Chart

Given the number of players who will visit, we have a different standard for content in Dojos showcased on the Star Chart than we do for Dojos that aren't open to everyone. We may ask selected Clans to make small changes to their Dojos for the time they are featured based on the following:

• Nothing vulgar or offensive can be included in Dojos while they are featured on the Star Chart.
  • Star Chart Ascendants cannot change their Clan Tier until after their Clan Dojo has been featured on the Star Chart.
    • This rule does not apply to Star Chart All Stars, because Clan Tier does not affect their selection process.
  • Clans who disregard these rules while their Dojo is on the Star Chart will have their Dojos removed from the Star Chart. If deemed necessary, increased disciplinary action will also be taken.

This round of Dojos will occupy the Star Chart for the months of September, October, and November 2022.

• Star Chart Ascendant Dojos will be showcased for one month each.
  • The Star Chart All Star of each platform will be showcased for all three months.

5. SectionHeader_Winners.png

How We Select Dojos

Phase 1: After submissions close, a group of Warframe Community Team members and the round’s Guest Judge will take one week to review all submissions. This process includes:

1. Organizing all submissions by contest category, Clan Tier, and platform. Star Chart Ascendant submissions only compete with Dojos that share their Clan Tier and platform. Repeat submissions are automatically included in the Star Chart All Stars category, where submissions only compete with Dojos that share their platform but Clan Tiers are not considered.
  2. Confirming submissions obeyed the rules listed above.

Phase 2: Once preparations are complete, the selection process begins! We begin by narrowing down submissions to top submissions. The team looks for two traits above all in this process: creativity and quality.

• Creativity: We love unique designs! Some examples of rooms that blew us away in the past are fully stocked libraries, train stations, arcades, and pirate ships. Whether your decorating style focuses on small details or big structures, we appreciate the creativity you put into your work.
  • Quality: Only filling a room with decorations will not secure your victory when there’s stiff competition! Be thoughtful about how you choose to place decorations. The best Dojos we’ve seen have conveyed stories and themes. Make the decorations your own!

Phase 3: Community Team members and the Guest Judge will closely review and compare top submissions a second time to select those that will be featured on the Star Chart. During this stage of the process, additional factors are considered:

• The number of times the Dojo has been showcased on the Star Chart. Dojos that have never been showcased are given priority in the Star Chart Ascendant category. Dojos that have been selected as Star Chart All Stars in the past are not eligible to be selected for that category again.
  • In the Star Chart Ascendant category, if a higher Clan tier category (Mountain or Moon) has only received repeat submissions, we consider giving a larger tier Clan’s slot to a smaller Clan (Ghost, Shadow, or Storm). 

Large structures are impressive, but keep in mind that small details set winning submissions apart from top submissions. Focus on creating an immersive atmosphere with details we can’t ignore. Make your Dojo a testament to your unique Clan!

Seeking inspiration? Here’s advice from architects whose Dojos have been showcased on the Star Chart!

6. SectionHeader_DojoWinnersAdvice.jpg

Winners will be announced on September 1st during our community live stream at twitch.tv/warframe

This contest starts now until Thursday, August 25th @ 1:00PM ET

All players from PC, XBOX, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch can participate!

wi464wv.png

Clan Name: - Black Paper -

Clan Tier: Ghost Clan

Clan Platform: PC

Clan Role: Founding Warlord

Notes:

• This clan size tier is ghost, this is important to mention because we have a ghost and shadow tier trophy decoration, yet we were never shadow tier.
  • The dojo is easily explorable, it's not a hallway simulator with oversized (aka tables made for giants) obstacles, it isn't a grid of 10x10 large rooms with half of them empty, it's not a mess of elevators and warps all over the place. It's a simple square for the most part, functionality is key, decorations add imersion, not clutter, meaning you will also not find giant contraptions made from dozens of energy capacitors, conduits or orokin tech emitters.
  • It is meant to be a dojo 1st, not a maze, any player entering (new or old) can easily navigate (both by walking and by warping) without being lost, certain rooms may also include directions for points of interest like Railjack, rooms are also identified to better indicate what portion of the dojo you're in.
  • Rooms have been updated with the new decorations introduced recently in order to optimize capacity and overall look of the room, The video doesn't represent the actual dojo up to 100%, concepts remain the same but there can be minor tweaks, like adding Zariman statues
  • While the dojo is heavily decorated, the goal is mainly to showcase clan members (and other players) what they played and achieved, each room is a trip down memory lane due to events and certain updates, as such we showcase the clan itself, a reflection of what we did.
  • While unintended, rooms are less prone to visual glitches (like unusual shadows) regardless of update, what you see is what you get. (there aren't lots of decorations near light sources)
  • Unlike many featured dojos, you will not enter empty rooms that signify you are in the wrong area of the dojo.
  • Dojo contains a unique sized tenet panel, likely the only one in all dojos and has been adapted into a screen to add imersion to the room.
  • We did not purchase (via favors, plat, patreon benefits) any sort of decoration service, the rooms resources and looks are done via it's clan members.
  • Likewise members of the clan are not responsible for decorating other featured dojos.
  • Video is outdated since rooms are updated on a weekly basis, concepts remain the same.
  • Also, dojo not visited by Rebbeca&Megan in Primetime In previous contest due to assuming they had already visited it.

Spoiler

6tODWJo.jpg

FyfJ7bE.jpg

XdR0eWS.jpg

I6uXMIY.jpg

LlvCujj.jpg

SBrGA8w.jpg

bpWGCZF.jpg

Pmi2QGA.jpg

ZaeBqf4.jpg

mGDyGdn.jpg

Clan: ev0ke
Platform: xbox
My Role: Architect
Clan Tier: Shadow

Hello there tenno,

i'd like to give the all star trophy another try. This time without any Dragons for sure ! Er oh no.... This time without any sheep ! Ups ..no ..... Well, this time with anime music!

Have fun Tenno!

One of my rooms was late to the party and didn't make it into the video. I still like to share this room with you.

Spoiler

ncICA8f.png
o4ceKeh.png
3G7ArC7.png
tAO2BV3.png
6fk0u64.png
qJzNvNR.png
sidG3JI.png

Clan: Celestial  leviathans 

Clan tier: moon

Platform: ps4

Role: warlord

Hello fellow tenno, I hope you enjoy this tour of our beautiful dojo! Sit back by the fire and relax in the grand forrest. Gaze at the golden orokin leviathan guarding the vault. Explore the deep in our aquarium. Watch two infested titans face off. Be at peace in the halls of the primordial.   https://youtu.be/xvclafH4vNo

Clan Name: RAGNAROK WARRIORS

Clan Tier: Storm

Clan Platform: PlayStation

Clan Role: Founding Warlord

01. Surtur's Palace

Spoiler

pcj7Mbf.jpg

02. Alfheim Gardens

Spoiler

PVb33in.jpg

03. Brok & Sindri Shop

Spoiler

k2qoVlA.jpg

04. Realm Travel Room

Spoiler

CqMNqHg.jpg

05. Muspelheim Arena

Spoiler

tXJynmf.jpg

06. Titanfall 2 Obstacle Course

Spoiler

eFUDZyY.jpg

07. Jotunheim

Spoiler

8hCeKAN.jpg

08. Jormungandr

Spoiler

6Xnnda1.jpg

09. Nifleheim maze

Spoiler

I6XWc5m.jpg

10. Cthulhu: Prisoner of R'lyeh

Spoiler

Jxf6oXY.jpg

clan name:ukiyo painting

clan tier:moon

clan platform:PC

clan role:founding warlord

i am ukiyo painting clan's founding warlord and it dojo architect. it is made by only myself. it takes my lot of time. but,it is funny too. anyway i hope you enjoy my dojo:)

01.gundam and warship

fd2cd892be0ad505.png

02.snow mountain and ice dragon

b045c95dfb7f2f31.png

03.night city uptown

6bdc1af66ce5f69a.png

04:orokin phoenix and orokin belfry

24569bb040a06f56.png

05.orokin gundam

c73af9db7ae63154.png

06.infected monster

bb3da77ab48d611c.png

07.night city lower town

98d331d185eb9fd1.png

08.orokin samurai statues

7bba50d830d5e291.png

09.space station and gundam

space station

7df0dd46244a6d5d.png

gundam

f151a7cc4981cd11.png

Clan Name - Wars Disciples

Clan Tier - Moon

Clan Platform - PSN

Clan Role - Founding Warlord

I personally decorated the entire dojo; except for a room I gave to my friend which I definitely didn't include in the video. I've spent plenty of time on it and now it's almost done. By the time submissions are all in I'll have added the finishing touches.

Clan Name: Archwing Black Ops

Clan Tier: Ghost 

Platform: Xbox

Clan Role: Warlord/Architect

Hello! I'm excited to finally get the opportunity to showcase my hard work after getting permission from the Founder of our dojo I hope you enjoy what our little Clan has to Offer!

https://youtu.be/LNO4C-qplnM

https://imgur.com/gallery/XFZInMR

Archived