Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poor performance issues

(PSN)Stack77

I am in Canada on  PS4 and performance is atrocious. It acts as if the server is on Mars. Constant ‘server not responding’ or ‘failed to join’ or ‘logged out”.
There are issues like being trapped in the loading screen while the mission can be heard being played by others. Sometimes you load in halfway through the mission or it is already completed. Other times you are sent back to your ship.

The force start issue is also frustrating. I was once frozen in the ‘mission complete’ screen while I could hear my squad mates play the next mission. I didn’t even make it back to my landing craft. The game was totally frozen but I was able to wait it out until the mission was finished.

It feels like I spend more time in stasis in the loading screen than playing the actual game. I have tried every remedy including contacting my ISP, who has done both remote and on-site diagnostics. Nothing is wrong at my end.

I quit this game ~2yrs ago only to return to the same frustrations that made me quit in the first place. Could we have a performance update instead of content? I mean, I love the new content but there is no point adding it if the game is unplayable. 

The performance on PS4 has definitely decreased over time, and the force start issue from PS5 players has only made it worse. Sadly, our options are very limited.

The PS4 will take a SATA SSD (if you haven't already done this), which does take a few seconds off the loading times. It doesn't help with the force start issue though as PS5s seem way quicker. I'd love to upgrade to PS5 myself, but I'm in New Zealand and the only way to get one here is on the second-hand market at a ridiculous price. 

I gave up entirely on the PS4 and started a new account on PC. Even my integrated graphics laptop loads faster than the PS4. 

I'd love to see the devs provide some performance improvements for the older platforms but I suspect that they will be more focused on new content/new platforms instead. Cross-save/cross-play might be a saving grace because at least then you can choose where to play.

I’ve done everything I could. I have even reduced my video qualities to the lowest settings. I just hope they keep game support for PS4 while the chip shortage catches up because I haven’t even seen a PS5 yet. And like you said, the people around me that have gotten their hands on one have paid 2-3x MSRP. 

My performance has become even worse in the last 24 hours.

I’ve had to submit a ticket. I sold 5 weapons for slots in order to claim the kitguns I was about to build at Zuud’s on Fortuna. I got confirmation to sell them for credits and accepted. I proceeded to build the first kitgun and spammed my X button as I assumed I had 5 slots available since I had my confirmation for selling them. Unfortunately, I was met with a message stating my gun was not built and no parts were consumed. I tried several more times with no luck and finally gave up and returned to my ship.

I returned to Fortuna to see Zuud. Once again, I proceeded to spam my X button at the build prompt. To my surprise, I caught a glimpse of a platinum transaction for 12p to purchase 2 weapon slots, but why? I went back into my inventory to check and sure enough, all 5 weapons I had sold for -30k credits were back taking up space.

Other than that, the constant disconnecting, sometimes 3-6 missions consecutively, is very annoying. The server logout issue before, during and after missions is also frustrating. What is even worse is that are becoming so frequent that they are almost predictable now. 
I wonder how they’re expecting cross-play to work when cross-gen doesn’t even function properly? I don’t get the mentality of neglecting performance updates for the PS4 when acquiring a PS5 seems almost mythical. I haven’t even seen one since they’ve been released. 

• 3 weeks later...

I know it sucks but sadly the ps4 is old now. The game used to run great on the 4 years ago but as DE add new stuff and graphics improve performance takes a hit. The only thing that will solve this problem is to upgrade to the ps5, but I know that's not easy to do. I'm on ps5 and it has it's own problems also.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived