Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora Prime: Hotfix 31.7.2

[DE]Megan

OMG I appreciate the Ash change to A rotation so much. I have been helping a friend trying to get Ash for what seems like a month and he was starting to annoy me already by how much he was whining, understandably so tho cuz the og Ash farm method was far more better. 

Lotus bless you DE. 

57 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Syndicate Medallions (6x Core Syndicates + Angels of the Zariman missions) are now a team-wide pickup, meaning any Medallion picked up benefits the entire squad and no backtracking is required! This also applies to Voidplumes dropped from Angels and Medlica’s Cache to keep everything consistent. We’ve also removed the ability to waypoint the pickups since there’s no need to individually find them.

screams-in-love.jpg

Big thanks!

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed K10 Relic localized as K9 for German.

I've been playing the game in English for better trade accessibility and due to some very strange translations discovered in 2015 (Oxium- fisheagles and the likes are missed)

But thanks from a german dude, keep up the good work ;)

Wow, we actually got the Syndicate medallions improved. I'm pleasantly surprised! Railjack's shared pickups is one of the things it gets right, and expanding that to more of the game would be very welcome to see. Like, for example, shared Reactant pickups so one player isn't left scrounging while everyone waits at extraction (or extracts without them and wastes their time). Disconnecting Syndicate standing gain from cosmetics would also be a nice further improvement, nudge nudge.

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

Woah, are you actually realizing now that this makes the game a better experience overall?? That's great.

Clearly not a new realization for them, as they've added that in other areas of the game before. Besides, i hate this change. People will feel even less inclined to do a bounty, and just twiddle thumbs and wasting their time looking for voidplume Downs, rather than just speedrunning the extermination for fast quills. What's worse, is instead of being like "sorry, i'll come help out and stop leeching" they'll now think they are helping me 🙄

Gerade eben schrieb Portuguese_Princess:

Clearly not a new realization for them, as they've added that in other areas of the game before. Besides, i hate this change. People will feel even less inclined to do a bounty, and just twiddle thumbs and wasting their time looking for voidplume Downs, rather than just speedrunning the extermination for fast quills. What's worse, is instead of being like "sorry, i'll come help out and stop leeching" they'll now think they are helping me 🙄

Ah you know, sometimes you just have to relearn things you've already learned once. If you want to speedrun why are you going public group?

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Syndicate Medallions (6x Core Syndicates + Angels of the Zariman missions) are now a team-wide pickup, meaning any Medallion picked up benefits the entire squad and no backtracking is required!

Fantastic!  Thank you!  This is going to take the sting out of carrying the objective while the rest of the team faffs around on a treasure hunt.

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

Ah you know, sometimes you just have to relearn things you've already learned once. If you want to speedrun why are you going public group?

I like to be social. I like to play co-op. I don't like people joining a bounty, then not doing it so they can find a down or two. It's exactly like mining during a Cetus bounty. Don't reward that, DE.... Drachnyn, people who want to search for plumes, should be the ones going solo, not joining bounties to NOT do said bounty.

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

is how AWFUL! and agonizing going through 20 rounds of corpus ship defense is. The enemy AI pathing is all over the place. The titleset is way too big that enemies even spawn outside of aggro range. The 3D area of the corpus ship defense titleset is amazing but it really brings out the worst in enemy AI pathing that should really be fixed. 

Welcome to why I don't do defense anymore unless it's a sortie. They've made it a chore rather than fun. The old cargo tileset was a sorta boring box, but it wasn't activly working agaisnt the enemy AI.

So when in hell are you going to fix Carrier Prime's Right Wing bug? The thing has been broken since Angels of Zariman dropped. I found one of my previous threads on it that dated back to June 15, and it had been an issue for a month or more at that point. This can't be so complex an issue that someone there can't take the time to figure out why the right wing is pinning to the inside of the joint rather than the outside. C'mon, it'd take maybe 5 minutes? For the love of pete, just fix the damn thing already! Having that same annoying bug hang around for 3+ months is just irresponsible, especially since I know it's been reported multiple times!

vor 1 Minute schrieb Portuguese_Princess:

I like to be social. I like to play co-op. I don't like people joining a bounty, then not doing it so they can find a down or two. It's exactly like mining during a Cetus bounty. Don't reward that, DE.... Drachnyn, people who want to search for plumes, should be the ones going solo, not joining bounties to NOT do said bounty.

On the contrary, now you can actually optimize your squad with a dedicated plume searcher and contribute. Scouring rooms clean with xaku is super fast and now the rest of the party is free to not be distracted by that. Also, are you crazy I would love shared resources in cetus bounties. Those missions are made to be solo'd anyway and now someone is collecting resources for me on top of that. This would actually improve public bounties by sooooooo much.

On 2022-08-17 at 6:00 PM, Drachnyn said:

On the contrary, now you can actually optimize your squad with a dedicated plume searcher and contribute. Scouring rooms clean with xaku is super fast and now the rest of the party is free to not be distracted by that. Also, are you crazy I would love shared resources in cetus bounties. Those missions are made to be solo'd anyway and now someone is collecting resources for me on top of that. This would actually improve public bounties by sooooooo much.

Case and point. Leeches are happy about this change. I'd really rather not have some chump falling behind to search for a Down. And let's not pretend only one person will do that. it will be one player, and three leeches running around looking for them, again, thinking they're helping, when they should be searching in a solo mission.

Doing bounties solo from now on. Thanks DE for rewarding those who do nothing but wait around for someone else to do their tasks for them.

Gerade eben schrieb Portuguese_Princess:

Case and point. Leeches are happy about this change. I'd really rather not have some chump falling behind to search for a Down. And let's not pretend only one person will do that. it will be one player, and three leeches running around looking for them, again, thinking they're helping, when they should be searching in a solo mission.

I mean if I'm doing cetus bounties, I'm the one soloing the bounties. 3 people looking for plumes would inevitably clean up every room fast enough that they are finished finding plumes long before the mission is over. At that point they can help with the rest of the mission because there is nothing else left to do for them. But by all means, advocate for the game to be worse for everyone just to "own the leeches". Players who already dont give a S#&$. I'm sure they will be very upset about you. Whenever they find the fcks they give. Any second now...

Personal feedback, for what it is worth.

The standardization of syndicate medallion values is excellent.  At least 1 5000 standing on each mission that has them makes it less frustrating to play hide-and-seek, to get 8 standard rank medaillions.

The inclusion of pick-up for everyone is nice on paper.  I am loathe to ask, but is it a pool for everyone, or time locked?  It was always frustrating to have a defense with 8 medallions, load in, and have 0 available because one greedy or uninformed member of the group ran around and picked them all up before starting the mission.  I most often fail missions voluntarily because the 4k standing mission is devoid of 7.5k of medallions and thus is worth quitting.

The Ash and Oberon stuff is way over due.  It's nice to finally see what was one of the first healer frames relegated to late game content...especially when you moved Trinity to the Ambulas fight.  It's really hard caring about healer and support frames when by the time you get to them you've seen stuff like Wisp...who does the buffing, healing, and given she's on Jupiter is stupidly hard to miss when compared to the alternatives.

I know this is asking a lot...but the engagement times with railjack are a joke.  Pick-up and random groups are functionally non-existant.  Can you maybe stop watering down the rewards?  Let me explain.  A 5% drop for Arcane Energize in round 3 or Orphix is 1.41%.  That's about a third of the drop rate.  You have 4 areas for Orphix content, and 3 Eidolons.  How do you increase the drop places by 33%, but decrease the drop rate by 67%?  If it's unclear, my goal is more arcanes in more hands, with more options to earn them is better.  Your goal seems to be to offer worse alternatives, nerf the difficulty into the ground, and call it a day.  I know the Eidolon fight has both love and hate, along with debatable difficulty, but it is now about three gear checks down from requiring thought.  

Finally, can we maybe use the forums?  It's silly to have forums...but to keep up to date with the game you need to go to twitter, find commentary, string it together, and then hear from someone else that the two week old forum post stating that they would provide updates is not going to get updated....because.  My personal problems with the twits from twitter aside, it's the mark of a company that doesn't communicate well that their own official site doesn't keep up with their social media...and that's a frustration.

Clarifying, twitter is obviously biased toward many things.  Whether you agree or disagree with those things, it's more effectively used as a place to smack talk chicken sandwiches and signal your biases than to deliver good updates from professional institutions.  It'd go a long way to earning our respect if we could shed the lingering issues with old DE and new DE.  That's my two cents...but you're free to state my opinion is like an anus.  Everyone has one, and they all stink.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

pain points

I have another "pain point" for You to address: 

Polarities affect all Mod Configurations, reducing amount of various builds you can have on one item.

I came up with several ways to improve it :

1) Stacking polarities.   

You can add several polarities to the slot,  but Forma cost will be increased for every extra polarity added to the slot.    If installing V polarity costs 1 forma, then adding D to V slot will cost 2 forma and so on.    Stack size = amount of Mod Configurations you have ( default 3 ), capped by total amount of possible polarities.

2) Mod Configuration exclusive polarities.  

When applying polarity, you can choose between "Universal" (affects all Mod Configurations) and "Exclusive" (affects only one Mod Config). 

3) No penalty for mismatching polarities.

Pretty simple.   You can put your D in V and get no red.   Only positive emotions.

Archived