Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora Prime: Hotfix 31.7.2

[DE]Megan

49 minutes ago, BlueberryIsWar said:

If you want to speedrun missions form your own group. Don't expect randoms to know what they are doing, having played the mission before or being fast at extraction, that is just a weird expectations to have.

Especially in a co-op game. 

I've been taking advantage of exterminate bounty wanting void angel kills and i'ts bee na bit of a mixed bag so far, but on the whole i'm grateful that me exploring is netting everyone else little whatsits to turn in.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

If you mean decoupling syndicate standing bonuses from syndicate sigils and finally letting us enjoy these cosmetics purely as cosmetics...

Oh Yeah GIF

I think that would be great....
IF they put that regular 15% standing of mission affinity into whichever syndicates you are in, since passively farming them is leagues better than going zariman-burnout and hunting down every single medallion in specific missions. over and over and over again 😬

but if so, yes purely cosmetic sigils would be fantastic

4 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

I've been taking advantage of exterminate bounty wanting void angel kills and i'ts bee na bit of a mixed bag so far, but on the whole i'm grateful that me exploring is netting everyone else little whatsits to turn in.

You're not helping. If you need plumes, do that solo, or help finish the objective. Stop leeching the bounty rewards while you search for scraps on the floor.

6 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

Yeah, instead of helping, you're "taking advantage" of those who are. Well put.

10 minutes ago, Monolake said:

I'm sure you mean well but you are once again only incentivizing lazy afk players instead of giving reward for effort (as minimum as running to a pickup). And you could already extract from Zariman without waiting so it was not making missions any longer for individual players. Its unhealthy for the game to reward the most lazy players who do nothing but still get all the rewards.

Exactly

1 minute ago, Portuguese_Princess said:

You're not helping. If you need plumes, do that solo, or help finish the objective. Stop leeching the bounty rewards while you search for scraps on the floor.

27 minutes ago, TyphlosionToaster said:

But we can fix the problem by not giving people little side objectives in a co-op bounty.

Honestly, I agree with both of these.  It was a bad idea for DE to put these little side objectives in the bounty.  But if they're not willing to remove them from bounties, then I'm glad that the pickups are shared.  And even if they do remove them from bounties, I hope that the pickups are shared in the standard missions, or wherever we get them.

i'm not at the zariman yet, but its pretty annoying in any bounty when someone goes off collecting resources. i don't want to also get those resources, i want them to focus on helping out.... i'll get those resources if needed in a mission FOR that. maybe on my own or with a squad formed to do that. i don't think it's right to go off looking for resources and while others do all the work, even if its easy for me. this kind of thing should be discouraged, not treated as a QoL change just because i get whatever resource they did

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed last Bonus in a Bounty displaying as silver (bonus objective failed) even if the bonus is fulfilled.

Too bad we can't verify this because the bonus during the excavator phase in Orb Vallis ist unobtainable anyway thanks to the last one being suicidal. 🐼

20 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

I think that would be great....
IF they put that regular 15% standing of mission affinity into whichever syndicates you are in

I was particular about the wording.  Of course the bonus should be "decoupled" not "deleted".   The most intuitive way  IMO would be to tie it to a setting, accessible through both the Arsenal and Syndicate screens.

Making it 100% passive doesn't quite work in the current system because there are penalties as well as bonuses.   They could restructure things so that those penalties didn't exist, but that's further from a long overdue qol and closer to Syndicates 2.0.

2 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Clarifying, twitter is obviously biased toward many things. 

Mostly towards idiots who can't handle more than a little text at a time.

Also, social media is actually passé, and it was never meant as a channel for (really real) information. Lots of companies (and even some state institutions) have burnt their fingers by posting information on social media (only), trying to be hip and "with the times". But most of the sane people wanting/needing that information chose to stay away from the insanity echo bubble...

With that being said, Syndicate Medallions (6x Core Syndicates + Angels of the Zariman missions) are now a team-wide pickup, meaning any Medallion picked up benefits the entire squad and no backtracking is required! This also applies to Voidplumes dropped from Angels and Medlica’s Cache to keep everything consistent.

Awesome. Really like this change. Its nice that there is less backtracking needed for everyone. I do agree that you might run into more leeches (possibly) but I still think its a positive change. And honestly if you want to speed run stuff, just do it solo or with a premade squad. That was always and will continue to be the best way to minmax that sorta thing.

But for everyone else that is fine playing with a random public group with varing knowledge/experience/gear/play time, this is a welcome change.

SYNDICATE MEDALLION QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES

Originally introduced in Update 15, the Syndicate system brought new characters (where my Cressa Tal fans at??) and a handful of new goals within the system. Part of that system included the eventual introduction of Syndicate Medallions; unique objects gathered within missions to redeem for their respective Standing. 

Fast forward to 2022 and Update 31.5 Angels of the Zariman introduces the Holdfast Syndicate and their respective Medallions; Voidplumes. While the Medallion system itself is not new, the Zariman tilesets spurred conversations around individual vs team wide pickups due to the grandeur size of the tilesets themselves. The feedback we received from the community expressed pain points related to necessary backtracking in order to collect the Plumes, which meant deviating from the Objective and causing longer than necessary mission times in order to collect them all. Similar pain points were what brought forth the squad-wide pickup change to Railjack.

With that being said, Syndicate Medallions (6x Core Syndicates + Angels of the Zariman missions) are now a team-wide pickup, meaning any Medallion picked up benefits the entire squad and no backtracking is required! This also applies to Voidplumes dropped from Angels and Medlica’s Cache to keep everything consistent. We’ve also removed the ability to waypoint the pickups since there’s no need to individually find them.

Oh My God Wow GIF

ABOUT FRICKING TIME!!!

On 2022-08-17 at 8:56 PM, staranow said:

Its nice that there is less backtracking needed for everyone. I do agree that you might run into more leeches (possibly) but I still think its a positive change. And honestly if you want to speed run stuff, just do it solo or with a premade squad. That was always and will continue to be the best way to minmax that sorta thing.

But for everyone else that is fine playing with a random public group with varing knowledge/experience/gear/play time, this is a welcome change.

You have it backwards. Farming for crumbs of like 500, 1k, 2k standing, is nothign to getting 5x Quills for a much-lesser time investment. If you want to farm plumes, form a squad, or go solo. Don't be a jerk and think it's cool to farm a resource while ignoring the bounty. You wouldn't mine in a Fortuna Bounty..... Remove plumes from bounty missions, please Digital Extremes; stop rewarding AFK players.

To hell with it. Might as well just load into the bounty and watch TV until extraction is ready, with this system. Why should i keep doing the work while people just mess around and do that? Is this not an obvious problem?

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

NOTE: the Lavos Kuvael Alchemist Skin by Erneix shipped with the liquid fx missing in the back flask and in the main glass helmet. The artist's original intent was for liquid to be in these two sections, and after communicating with the artist we will be correcting the liquid fx as soon as possible.   

Hi Tenno! Please note that the Lavos Kuvael Alchemist helmet will receive changed in the near future to better match the artist's intended vision for the piece. At present, Liquid is visible in 2 out of 3 flasks but should be in all 3 and inside the main glass helmet. 

24 minutes ago, Portuguese_Princess said:

To hell with it. Might as well just load into the bounty and watch TV until extraction is ready, with this system. Why should i keep doing the work while people just mess around and do that? Is this not an obvious problem?

This ^ absolutely this.

Though i hope you're just making the point & not seriously going to do that. There already is, & will be so much more of that now, with this change.

Archived