Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Cosmetic in Focus Shop

(PSN)Vexx757

I was glad to hear that you can use the extra focus points you have to get some cosmetics when you unlock each focus schools, however the cosmetics are disappointing.

For all the grinding people had to do and there is nothing unique about them plus each cosmetic costs 1,000,000 focus, that`s ridicules and the whole thing is really underwhelming, their needs to be rewards that fit the effort of grind people put in to upgrade them.

Warframe 20220815160618 by Aaronj-c

Here are some suggestions/improvements for the focus shop:

• Decrease the cost to 500,000.
  • Instead of focus split up for each school, make the focus from each school be used all across the board for all of the cosmetics.
  • Add new operator suits based on the different focus schools and make them have something unique to them e.g. Naramon suit that glows when in the dark and you should be able to change the material of the suited.
  • Focus related ephemeras.
  • Armour pieces
  • Syandanas
  • New AMPs for each focus schools with a unique perk.
  • Add other cosmetics like hairstyles, ear accessories, apparel etc.
  • Articulas based on the look of people`s operator (action figure)
  • New idle animations and emotes.
  • The ability to use void melee??? (Requiring 1,000,000 focus and to unlock and rank up all nodes)

Seriously just imagine you`re running around with your operator with an ninja look from the Naramon school and someone says “That looks sick where did you get that outfit?” and you say “from the focus shop” the outfit will represent that you have ranked up the focus school and will give people and incentive to rank up in all schools.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

For all the grinding people had to do and there is nothing unique about them plus each cosmetic costs 1,000,000 focus, that`s ridicules and the whole thing is really underwhelming, their needs to be rewards that fit the effort of grind people put in to upgrade them.

I'm pretty sure those cosmetics were added to the game more as "something for the players to use the focus excess", not as "something for players to grind until their eyes start bleeding".

With that out of the way, i wouldn't be opposed to more operator and drifter cosmetics, even though i'd prefer to see those made available in other ways.

Il y a 9 heures, (PSN)Vexx757 a dit :

The ability to use void melee??? (Requiring 1,000,000 focus and to unlock and rank up all nodes)

The purpose of the shop is to provide extra cosmetics for very dedicated people who finished the tree, so adding gameplay to it defeat the prupose.

Il y a 9 heures, (PSN)Vexx757 a dit :

Decrease the cost to 500,000.
Instead of focus split up for each school, make the focus from each school be used all across the board for all of the cosmetics.

Again, the goal is to provide extra cosmetics for dedicated people, so reducing the requirement is against the initial goal.

Yup, these suck, although this seems to be a theme with DE's store launches.

I feel like DE doesn't quite grasp the arsenal of rewards at their disposal, or aren't willing to invest artist/programming time in them. If so, fine - that's fair, but at that point you're probably better off not offering anything at all and not launching the store in the first place until you have them lined up. Petty rewards backfire - this is true in triple A games and C- games, and it's been true in WF.

How many times have I seen a glyph or piece of chest armor on a fellow tenno and thought 'dayum.... that dude did it'?

Zero. Okay I saw that ribbon one time and gave it a nod, but heh, that was free. Maybe this is just me, but for the type of game WF is,  you've gotta reward me in ways that mean things to me. Since it's not pvp, we tend not to care at all about the 3rd person perspective.

Ima try an' be constructive for a second - What do we actually expect as a reward for this kind of insane time investment?

1. Maybe some exclusive helmets or skins (an exclusive skin would be worth it 100% - at a 165 plat value, plus collection pride, plus gameplay satisfaction, these would be great), a helmet would probably not feel worth it, but still just good enough to feel like we equaled a nightwave credit score lmao. Seriously, compare nightwave time investment for a helmet cosmetic vs focus completion investment - nightwave is superior.
  2. Maybe some exclusive orbiters (this seems like such an under-used cosmetic, although I realize it comes with overhead) or lacking that some orbiter skins ornaments (like the 30 lvl hood ornament)
  3. Maybe some exclusive weapons (100% worth it) or lacking that, some weapon skins (eh, okay, don't use these much or notice them much, but better than nothing)
  4. Maybe some exclusive mods (again let's compare to nightwave) or maybe some rare mods (we can compare to Baro)
  5. Maybe some ephemera (the SP and Zariman ephemera have been definite, tangible, satisfying benefits)
  6. Other cosmetics....
    1. necramech skin
    2. railjack skin
    3. archwing skin
    4. k-drive skin
    5. kavat/kubrow/hound/sentinel skin (though ahem, we hardly ever see these in game)
    6. syadanas (infinitely more valuable to a player than a chest armor piece as they can actually see it in game)
    7. a full armor set (we can compare with the recent syndicate offerings)
    8. heck, maybe some voidshell materials, if this is a thing we want to market and promote and continue developing
    9. probably others i'm not thinking of rn
  7. Other rewards:
    1. boosts - (max a focus school or play a sortie...)
    2. forma packs/reactor/catalyst - again we can compare to NW
    3. ayatan sculptures (plz god not just ONE, or don't bother)
    4. legendary cores (these are probably one of the rarest rewards in warframe - what are we saving it for? I've got 1 in my entire time playing wf)
  8. Unconventional (higher effort) rewards (if I really cared about rewarding a massive undertaking, I'd go with something like these):
    1. warframe variant (umbral valkyr, etc)
    2. modular parts (for any of our million modular things, which would multiply our usage and likely increase devotion to completing this in the first place, for example a new grip or barrel or zaw blade or moa part or hound part etc etc)
    3. new companion (a step above the modular reward, a totally custom companion)
    4. special quest key
    5. dojo decoration(s)
    6. dash animation (overrides default)
    7. exit animation (overrides default orbiter extraction anim) - (i'd add intro animation too, but everyone skips that)
    8. helminth ability (helminth as rewards is totally untapped outside of helminth itself - could also include something to do with invigorations)
    9. orbiter ephemera/engine flair (that can actually be seen in the loading screen)
    10. foundry expiditer (pays the plat cost of rushing an item, one time use)
    11. probably more, but I'm not getting paid to come up with these things, so ima leave it here

I'm confident they'll expand these rewards over time, like they did for SP, but everything I listed here is actually kinda what I was expecting out of SP rewards and that never really came to be, so I kinda doubt that it'll ever go far enough to where I'm like 'Hell Yeah!'

On 2022-08-18 at 6:03 PM, CrownOfShadows said:

-snip-

That`s how I feel as well. I`d rather have nothing than mediocre cosmetics. You done all that grinding and you have points left over and all you get is emblems, badge etc just imagine for all your work you enter the store and see an operator outfit for each school, that would give you incentive to get it if you want it.

Plus it would make sense in lore, the operators trained in the school of their choosing, you trying to tell me that they didn`t have an outfit that represents the school they went to like a school uniform? having hair styles/ornaments where if someone walked by they would recognised you trained in the school of Naramon, some sick idle animations/emotes where ppl know where you trained of what personality you have and really most of the cosmetics should be operator related.

The possibilities are endless but DE are just being lazy with potential this could have.

On 2022-08-18 at 6:03 PM, CrownOfShadows said:

How many times have I seen a glyph or piece of chest armor on a fellow tenno and thought 'dayum.... that dude did it'?

Like you said the amount to times I have someone in-game asked me what I was wearing I can count on one hand, I have ppl asking me for my builds more and that`s a damn shame.

@----Legacy---- @maaleru @lukinu_u @Monolake

I know, the point is the cosmetics are boring, not worth the time you put into it and you don`t feel anything when seeing them. It would be nice for this to happen, the player says "omw I finally finished with the bloody focus schools" then they see their favourite focus school have cosmetics for the operator then the person sees that exclusive suite for it then the player`s like "OMW I WANT THAT SICK LOOKING SUIT" ,"I LOVE THAT IDLE ANIMATION", "I CAN USE SAYANDANAS ON MY OPERATOR OH MY DAYZ" (meanwhile he/she loves the operator).

Then the player runs around with that sick looking suit, at extraction the player can`t help but to stand there looking at the idle animation from the Maduari school of your operator summoning flames, the player don`t care if someone in the team takes long to get to extraction coz the player is just watching the idle animation, the player gets a little action figure of his or her own operator and displays it with glee or when the player get void melee something the player wanted and gets to try it out. just imagine how rewarding that would be, the feeling you would get from that but instead we got boring, underwhelming, rubbish cosmetic (the refacia kit being the worst one).

It`s funny how the other ppl in here got the point of what I was saying -_-

On 2022-08-18 at 8:52 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

• -Snip

Make Focus Nodes Toggleable Again.... 

This is literally the only Reason why I don't have my Focus Schools unlocked on this Account...as long as I can't Disable them then I'm not Touching them.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-08-18 at 8:52 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

• Decrease the cost to 500,000.

You can get 1M focus in 3-5days, depending on your MR.
I don't believe the price is too high, all you need is to do is farm your focus in an effective way.

But I agree to the fact, that the focus shop need to be updated with something useful.

-c0y

• 2 weeks later...

It would be cool if the operator outfits from focus schools could do something unique, either visually or mechanically, nothing game breaking but just a fun gimmick.

Here are some ideas I have:

• While wearing the suit, it leaves slash streaks behind when running.
  • Killing an enemy will light up the suit for 10 seconds.
  • A suit that allows you to double jump.
  • Jumping will show thrusters coming the back of the outfit (under the feet)
  • A suit the makes the operator immune to status effects and channels the status affect into the amp, using it against enemies for 20 seconds.
  • A suit that increases the operators sprint speed by 20%.
  • A suit the changes the animations of operator`s jumps, slides and running.

I even came up with my own design of a operator suit for Naramon.

Spoiler

Operator naramon 1 by Aaronj-c

Imagine wearing this running around with two void daggers.

On 2022-08-18 at 7:52 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Armour pieces

As you know DE said that we are getting the ability to put armour on the operator however it would be cool if we had focus versions armour pieces. Just imagine how sick that would be? 

Archived