Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Drop Source for Vacuum mod. At all

Chameo62

Just played with newbies, and gifted all of my spare Vacuum mods. Feels strange, that I (after 9 years of playing) have not many Vacuums.

Searched Wiki for Dropsource - and found nothing. Official droptables - the same. Nothing.
There is no source of Vacuum in the game at all. And it is must have mod.

Is it a bug, or I do not understand smth?

9 minutes ago, Chameo62 said:

Just played with newbies, and gifted all of my spare Vacuum mods. Feels strange, that I (after 9 years of playing) have not many Vacuums.

Searched Wiki for Dropsource - and found nothing. Official droptables - the same. Nothing.
There is no source of Vacuum in the game at all. And it is must have mod.

Is it a bug, or I do not understand smth?

If I recall correctly the game gave you Vacuum when you build your first sentinel, but it may have changed.)

EDIT: Did a little research. It is supposed to give you vacuum everytime you build a sentinel now. I hope it is that way.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Cerikus:

If I recall correctly the game gave you Vacuum when you build your first sentinel, but it may have changed.)

EDIT: Did a little research. It is supposed to give you vacuum everytime you build a sentinel now. I hope it is that way.

but that would mean that no trade is necessary? how can it be that new players don't have the IMPORTANT mod?

i also gave away my vacuum mods and have been playing since 2013. and now i have none for trading......🙄

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

If I recall correctly the game gave you Vacuum when you build your first sentinel, but it may have changed.

Even so, if I lost it somehow - I must have possibility to get it back.

Lets craft smth as Taxon and see - will it give me Vacuum or not.

6 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

but that would mean that no trade is necessary? how can it be that new players don't have the IMPORTANT mod?

i also gave away my vacuum mods and have been playing since 2013. and now i have none for trading......🙄

Yes no trading is needed, they probably haven't crafted a sentinel yet.

Have you crafted any sentinel after the vacuum changes that made any crafted/bought sentinel give one?

1 minute ago, EDM774 said:

Yes no trading is needed, they probably haven't crafted a sentinel yet.

Have you crafted any sentinel after the vacuum changes that made any crafted sentinel give one?

Just doing research at this topic. Crafting a Taxon. 24 h later we will see.

All sentinals have had innate vacuum since late 2016. Before that update, vacuum was a carrier only mod. Then all sentinals had built in vacuum and carrier got ammo case instead.

Pets use fetch, not vacuum.

*edit*

Update notes from when vacuum changed.

Also Looking at this again, the innate vacuum is 6 meters versus 11.5 for the maxed mod. But still if you get one when you build a sentinal (been forever since I built one and paid attention to mod counts) then everyone should be good.

50 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You guys are weird.

Vacuum is dropped by the Corpus cleaning drones, the cute little guys you don't want to kill and can ride on, and is available anywhere there's a Corpus Ship tile set.

Ya mean repair kit?

(or is this a too thinly skinned joke that my lack of sleep has fogged my brain?)

5 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

No, I'm genuinely being honest.

DE moved Vacuum to the actual vacuums. I've gotten dozens from accidentally killing the little guys.

So this highlights what's likely a bug then. Because it comes from a non-enemy enemy it doesn't get listed as a drop source. Repair kit if you look it up in the codex also doesn't list a source. I wonder if the drop table says it *checks* Uh no repair kit and vacuum aren't listed in the drop tables at all.

On 2022-08-24 at 1:04 AM, Drasiel said:

So this highlights what's likely a bug then. Because it comes from a non-enemy enemy it doesn't get listed as a drop source. Repair kit if you look it up in the codex also doesn't list a source. I wonder if the drop table says it *checks* Uh no repair kit and vacuum aren't listed in the drop tables at all.

That's likely going to be exactly it.

The unit is a non-combatant, so none of its drops are officially listed.

On 2022-08-23 at 1:03 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

No, I'm genuinely being honest.

DE moved Vacuum to the actual vacuums. I've gotten dozens from accidentally killing the little guys.

Could you double check?  I've got an embarrassing amount of hours in this game and have certainly killed a boatload of those little roombas.  Yet I'm looking at my mods and I'm only seeing 4 copies of vacuum, not including the maxed one that is equipped on my sentinels.  Conversely, I have 898 unranked repair kits.

Edit: and I haven't broken down any mods for endo in years.  Except veiled kitgun/zaw rivens of course.

20 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Could you double check?

Tried, but no luck in either case. I must have some crappy luck because I've killed about fifty or sixty of the little buggers in the last half hour and none of them have dropped either mod.

I'll report back if there's any actual drop.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Tried, but no luck in either case. I must have some crappy luck because I've killed about fifty or sixty of the little buggers in the last half hour and none of them have dropped either mod.

I'll report back if there's any actual drop.

Oh I meant to verify that you actually have a boatload of Vacuum mods and aren’t just misremembering it.  Thanks either way though!  Not trying to give you homework lol. 

5 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Oh I meant to verify that you actually have a boatload of Vacuum mods and aren’t just misremembering it.  Thanks either way though!  Not trying to give you homework lol. 

Oh, no, I have about 20 at the moment, and I don't remember if I cleared them out when I last cleared duplicates earlier this year. I'm fairly sure that was a few months back, maybe... May-ish? Before Tennocon certainly. In any case, I can't be sure when I last cleaned out the Vacuum mod specifically.

Tell you what, instead of actually trying to farm it as a dedicated thing (which never works in Warframe unless it's an end-of-mission drop), I'll clear out my current ones and play a few days as normal. I'll let you know how many I've got after those few days, maybe this time next week.

• 1 month later...
On 2022-08-26 at 12:37 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

Okay, so it's been 1 month, August 26th to September 26th.

I have now got 3 Vacuum mods, aside from my fully-ranked one that I didn't get rid of.

So there is a source for them. It's just rare enough that after a full month of play I only have 3 and I didn't notice where I picked them up.

Archived