Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #163

[DE]Dudley

18 hours ago, LilacVanille said:

I hope you will finally show Protea Deluxe Skin 💗

That's the plan, along with the Tonkor Deluxe! Both will make an appearence in the up-coming Devstream, and to-be released (maybe with something else in the collection, unsure myself) in Veilbreaker. Check the Veilbreaker trailer for yourself to see it in action, if you'd like.

Thank you Netflix/Lucifer for keeping me up long enough to watch the stream live.  

Top things pissing me off in warframe right now:

• Solo extraction in bounties/open world.   (should be forced group extractions)
  • Not being able to do final lich fight without a lich (aka help others)
  • The completely stupid disparity of drop chance of relics between disruptions and other missions (AKA very crap chance at certain relics in disruption versus nearly 100% chance in defense.   For example   Meso V7/dual keres handle???  )

Why is the Kuva Yonta sells on a personal 7 day timer instead of a standard weekly timer.    For example the deal should refresh every sunday no matter when you baught the kuva.   Other places work off standard timers like Teshin or Pallidino.     Why the hell is Yonta different?? 

Thanks a lot for fixing the great lack of consistency with armor strip abilities !

Finally armor strip will work for all frames as for Oberon and finally Oberon armor strip mechanics on Steel Path will be fixed (and even made better).

Thanks a lot for this. 🥰😍👍

On 2022-08-25 at 12:42 PM, Sulnate said:

And matchmaking for eidolon hunt is not work really well. sometimes the game doesn't even find one person.

That's not Necessarily A Bad thing Considering how Toxic Eidolon Hunts Usually Are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since wukong is being nerfed how about allowing acolyte mods to work on iron staff?  Melee is now not in great shape due to changes to make gun/melee more balanced and iron staff was not in good shape back then.  Now it's not really worth using compared to guns and also has energy cost.  Personally I prefer the old solution to aoe, self harm.  Blowing yourself up is also hilarious and more realistic.

I watched the stream but didn't get the Forma drop, this is very frustrating. I really hope you could consider using another reward mechanism other than Twitch drops. It's not the first time I didn't get a drop watching a dev stream when there should be drop reward.

Just curious, why not allow a 1 to 1 ratio of riven capacity to weapon bases? As in, the Latron, Wraith, and Prime, only gets counted once as a riven slot capacity count. If 200 weapons exist, and half are primed, than, our riven capacity would be 100. "The Math" so to say of what im getting at. 

Reason I suggest this,

Before the devstream, my mindset, I am never getting rid of another riven again, I keep getting daily logins of triple riven caches and I'm never doing sorties again. Probably take a few years to get an extra hundred rivens.

After the devstream, my mindset, GREAT Now I'm going to be sitting on a thousand ghost rivens because I will never deal with them because I STILL don't have enough space and I have devoured 99.9% of the free content, literally missing 2 grandma glyphs, waiting for rotation, and a couple arbiters emotes, went the wrong way in my syndicates just to clear the board of everything I didn't have including stencils, and, well, I would LOVE more than anything to just say f it and 6 forma all the weapons that are "dog trash" to see what steel path worthiness I can pull out of them to TRULY give them the appreciation, and the attention, they deserve. That's why y'all wanted to make rivens right? So I would play with the Bolto, or a Lato of all things......I want to play with them, but, getting rid of rivens is DESTROYING my arsenals Ultimate Potential, I want to play with the Lato on steel path, but I'm not going to delete a riven for it. But yeah, more riven capacity though, within reason of course, but, I LITERALLY own EVERYTHING, so, now I want to play with it, but, needs more rivens for my boredoms sake, I love this game, I'm just helping people these days.

So, let's start out with the good.  We'll round that out with the stuff you really need to think about, and finish with those things that I believe are problems that you are about to inflict on yourself.

The Good

1) Cool, a long dev stream without a lot of promises for content that seem to be years off.  First time in a long time.

2) The team is a bit rough, but seemed to take this more professionally.  Good on them.

3) The throw-back to actually customizable frames is nice.  That is to say that the shards are a theoretically fun way to make frames personal without breaking their intended balance too much.

4) Promised content...that's...ok.  I may be stretching here, but it finally seems like we're going to get a content block that isn't stretched to infinity...I'm hoping.

5) Finally getting the rivens as not taking up space is great.  

The Problems

1) So...you are looking to Doom to manage our ammo.  That's...a thing.  The problem is that Doom wasn't RNG to the moon.  You had an insta-kill chainsaw.  You had a blood punch.  You as a player could always make things appear, even when RNG was rough.  You've not outlined the same ability for warframe...and that's concerning.

2) The removal of head shots on explosive weapons is...why?  The core of the problem is that you went from these requiring skill (due to self damage), to these requiring planning (staggers suck), to these finally being a gear check (no self-stagger mod).  How about instead of reworking an underlying system you instead address the issue with weapons balance?  I mean, the reason that AoE is meta is that instead of intelligent enemies you have fixed spawn points and enemies that bum rush the players.  The two word summary is "Mook Conga-line."

3) So you want to introduce a new power-up system.  50 frames...assuming that you only do the prime or the available default.  5*50 = 250.  250 slots/ (1 slot per week) = 250 weeks.  250 weeks/ (52 weeks/year) = 5 years of grind.  I...will suggest that this is not going to be an acceptable level of grind....especially when you are looking at an "upgrade" and "standard" drop that almost certainly have different rates and thus will massively increase the grind.  I hate to put this into such harsh terms, but let me be graphic.  If current farming for Arcanes from Eidolons is a spanking with sand paper this is setting itself up to be more akin to having a colon cleanse with boiling magma...and believe it or not this is not new.  You made the same problem with sorties and the very low gain focus lenses...  Do not make this mistake again.

The Bad

1) Do you guys really think that spending money on a cheapo anime style introduction to frames is a good thing?  Listen, based upon the cost of something like that I'd suggest that you plow that money into either more code monkeys or more time designing stuff for Baro.  It's insulting to understand that we could have probably had a dozen new Baro items that aren't cosmetic trash for the cost of this...

2) So...I love a lot of what you've done Pablo...but it's pretty goofy to now come to the table with "Wukong's rework was too good" after all this time.  The obvious issue was cloud walker...but you're going to tell us that his clone will now put a hurt on your ammo, while telling us that this ammo is about to get a rebalance at shotgun point?  Can you really tell me this makes sense together?  I hate both the AoE meta and Wukong isn't my jam, but this is really a bit much.

3) Another RNG grind for a resource we need in huge quantities, built upon missions with arbitrary restrictions that set us back to Warframe circa 2013.  Exactly who at DE is so fearful of the future that they are tying insane power creep buffs to literally retarded gameplay.  Yes, gameplay that was retarded from its 2022 standard back to its earliest days.  Come on DE...arbitrations have enough suck with them holding aura forma and some great arcanes...can you please just stop with the backwards facing and painful grind?

4) I...do...not....need....to...pay....more....money....for....cosmetics....for....a....grineer....who....will.....inevitably....have....power....tied....to....paid...for....slots....   Now, if this is not clear, I hate Khal because you've decided to make a bad battlefield clone and slap it into warframe.  I will accept that garbage if I can make him a fun distraction...and not a weekly return to a bad grind for poorly paced rewards.  If you cannot provide this, then provide nothing.  Fashionframe is not endgame...it's Final Fantasy levels of hating the fact that your game is a game, and instead making most of it cut scenes.  Do not be stupid here, please.

5) So...the New War ended with a mediocre boss fight, a WTF scene literally out of nowhere, and it's resolved with a badly designed philosophical lesson that a basic college level understanding of philosophy 101 would look at as inherently self-contradictory.  Not cool...  This is like Star Wars...where the mystical crap should not be explained...because the people trying to explain it seem to not all be working from the same playbook.  Please, eject the mystical crap.  If the Khal gameplay is the future, fine.  Just make it good first, then  feel free to expand into the mystical shenanigans.  The problem here is that you seem to immediately want to focus on how you're going to creep up power, then you want to focus on yet another faction grind, then more RNG drops...and it's all being packaged in the New War by virtue of the fact that instead of starting a new thing you've bastardized the two story lines together for no reason.  Not everything has to be poorly tied into a single story.  Maybe just end out the New War officially, and be clear this is a new era.  Right now it looks like you collectively have no idea how to step forward...and instead of releasing a good thing you're tooling up to release a dozen new things that are potentially OK...assuming you can balance them right, squeeze them out in a month, and build all of it atop the buggy mess of a game that we've now had more than a month to deal with...with no particularly substantive updates on.  No, an update without executable code is not a fix.  If you can't fix a bug that's been known about for months...but have the time to make COD: Grineer edition...then I'm calling you out.

How to summarize?

I think I have it.  None of what you are offering is screaming to me that DE 2.0 is going to fix the problems of DE 1.0.  I'm giving you rope here...but what we really need to see more than anything else is that you aren't stupid.  Specifically, you aren't going to promise us things you cannot deliver, you are going to focus on the core gameplay, and you are not expending money and time on vanity stuff while the core gameplay fails.

Today I got another rescue mission on the corpus ship tileset.  It's been two years and change since this tileset launched.  There is still a syndicate medallion that spawns above the tube in the rear right hand side of the holding cell, that you can only get if you can open that cell, latch onto the wall at the top of the tube, and slap the "action" key at random until you find the magic spot where it is attainable.  More than two years...and you haven't fixed a bug identified the first week after release.  This is what is testing my patience...and why I'm having a real hard time.  It's a fantastic time to leave this game if you don't show that you're intelligent.  Specifically, that DE 2.0 is not going to  repeat failures of DE 1.0.  Ball is in your court...but I'm voting with my money.  What this dev stream shows is tons of passion, but nothing yet addressing the core stupidity potential.

31:00... I'm looking at the Prex card.
Why does Styanax's spear have a crossbow mounted on the tip?

32:44... I'm lookin at Styanax being zoomed in on in the Arsenal.
... ... Why does it have an anus?

'Kick in the Thralls' and '99 problems but a Lich ain't one'?  :P

Ooh, we can have stolen a Tusk Bolkor?! That's awesome.
Now we need the Narmer Corpus dropship that the Difter stole during the New War.

Styanax's 2:
I'm so disappointed.
How was Styanax's 2 not a thurst kick? You had a perfect 'THIS IS SPARTA' setup. :<
ofc, then it would be linear, not a semicircle... Decisions decisions.
On reflection, I'm okay with this victory of function over form. (imo) Warframe needs more of this sensibility.

Styanax's 3:
Thematically speaking, should it be called 'Shield Wall'?

ofc, by that logic, his 4 should be called 'Fight in the Shade'.

Armor Shred:
\o/ Brava! Magnifica! *claps in Itallian*
Terrify shred buff \o/ Creeping Terrify should still be the base ability, but I won't complain, Seeking Shuriken takes a mod slot, and Terrify's AoE for the same mod-slot cost (though triple the energy cost). Hell, on a high str low dur build, you might not even need the aug.
Banshee Sonic Fracture is permanent! \o/
Amazing stuff.
A request: Give Oberon's Hallowed Ground some height. It's currently 'touching the ground' only - which means that he can't strip anything that's floating, and not everything that floats can be knocked down (e.g. Sentients).

Syndicate Pledge:
\o/ Itshappening!!!.gif \o/
This is still an item on my list of Devstream questions (that there hasn't seemed to be a point in posting in years), idk how many years later.
Thrilled(!) to be able to cross it off.

Starter frame changes:
Please PLEASE make Slash Dash an actual dash, like Hydroid's Tidal Surge or Revenant's Reave, etc.
It should take almost no work. The code exists, just need to change what effect it applies. The animation exists, use Slash Dash.
Not only will that make it much smoother to use as an actual damage ability (for new players) - to wit, you can know where you're going to end up, and how soon, rather than pinballing around and praying -,
it'll make it nicer to use as it segues into a primarily /mobility/ tool once you hit mid-or-higher play, thanks to removing the current 'get bodyblocked by a random enemy you weren't high enough to go over'.
If it worked like that, I'd have to actually think about which ability to Helminth off Excal. As it stands, it's a no-brainer.
(Though, for the record, Radial Jav sucks as anything beyond a melee buffstick via its aug. Which removing the target cap will buff - in case this was overlooked.)

I'm loving the proliferation of 'vortex' since Mach Crush. It's by far the most usable grouping mechanic.

Gilding changes: \o/
Less exponential scaling / wasted 'useless gear dead time' / 'ugh, another gun to leech to 30 before I can actually use it for anything' is always good.

Now, the AoE segment.
The survival gameplay segments are either disingenuous or not showcasing what you're trying to show.
Keeping up LS with a decent gun is trivial on the star chart, once you have enough enemies. 
Now do that on Steel Path, with the 1/3 LS drop penalty.

"Use AoE or you're playing wrong", "why is the AoE meta the way it is?"
Rebecca's absolutely right about speedrunning trivial content. But really, my kneejerk reaction was 'Oh, come on'.
Run a test: Make precision weapons one-hit kills on critical volume hits. Run a, for instance, Steel Path Exterminate - against a humanoid faction for illustration, or against Infested to really drive the difference home.
Compare completion times with a launcher and a precision weapon.
Spoiler: Launchers win by a mile, due to A) Ease of damage-application and B) spawn density.
Warframe's been going quantity over quality for, what? 7 years now?
Max concurrent spawns is effectively a damage multiplier for AoEs. No sht players gravitate to AoE.
Cut max concurrent spawns to 5 at all levels, and I guarantee that AoE use will drop like a rock.

Furax Wraith (Amalgam):
Sure. Now look at its usage and re-adjust the riven dispo.

With all that said, I approve of the spread out, small changes over a kneejerk banhammer to the kneecaps.

Precision weapon damage mult increase - Any chance you're talking about removing crit chance? At least for guns, where precision is possible.
It's pure damage inflation with no change to gameplay. I'd love to see them change to 'headshot mult' a la Target Acquired.

~1:17:00
Primed mod scaling:
Primed mods have never scaled by a % over the base - they got extra ranks over the base mod - which, incidentally, is why P Pistol Gambit is properly Primed *Damaged* Pistol Gambit.
The reason Primed Firestorm and Reach scale like they do is because Primed mods *are the base mods, with a r10 cap* and where mods like the P damage mods gain 5 ranks (0->5->10), Reach and Firestorm gain 7 (0->3->10), i.e. ~50% more (or x2 -> x3 over base).

Wukong:
Honestly, just having TwoKong use your ammo probably solves automation/afk by itself.
All the other changes? Eh, idk.
I mean, they'll hurt, but A) I primarily use him for Cloud Walker, and that's not changing, and B) I already don't run PSF on about 50% of the frames that use the Bramma, so meh.
Calling it now, though: Wukong, no primary, Sporelacer crit secondary, Pax Charge. Slightly lower AoE, and, critically, no Hunter's Munitions, but should still work for automation outside of 1h+ vs armor on SP.

Archon Hunts:
Knowing nothing more about them than was said, I LOVE them as an endgame system - it uses many the existing systems, giving a sense of coherence, bringing many of the things the player's been doing together under one umbrella.
Sortie layout? Check. Steel Path? Check. Arbi 300% bonuses? Check. Arbi one-death? Check. (No Financial Stress revives though, and hopefully no Arbi-drones.) Non-random, a.k.a. reliable, a.k.a. !!! a.k.a. 'I'll actually use it' Helminth Infustions? Check.

Also, YAY SP fissures! \o/

Protea deluxe looks great. Sadly, I don't play her.

Faster weapon swapping! \o/

Last Gasp:
* Love the complete refill on Eximus kill.
* I actually prefer it starting at 50% as opposed to an invisible timer before it starts ticking down - it's feedback, giving me an idea of how much time I have.
Similar to my problem with shield-gating - there's no indication of its duration, or even whether it's active or not.

Overall, I liked pretty much everything I heard on this stream.
No speculation on where these decisions came from, why, or how long they might have been cooking. Just stating the fact.
I'm actually low-key kinda hyped for the future, which is a first in idk maybe 5 years? (When were Rivens and Primed damage mods introduced? The War Within, wasn't it? Which was subsequently followed by the Void_Glitch C&D? Since around then.)

Cheers.

P.S. 
It's pronounced ay-jur, not Ah-zur.

While I'm here...
Been replaying the older quests recently, some bug reports:

Hidden Messages in the Codex isn't updated to the new quest UI (list of objectives over a diorama).

War Within's end conversation, Operator's lipsync is broken - it lipsyncs correctly but resets every other frame - happened across 3 different replays.

Chains of Harrow quest companion (top-right 'what do I do next' thingie) is allcaps, afaik nothing else it.

The current problem is that the players can complete the steel path as in the normal mode.

If DE want to solve the problem of excessive use of explosive weapons,

just raise the difficulty of the Steel Path to the level that if players don't attack the enemy's head, the efficiency will be low.

Players can kill a group at a time in normal level, but must kill an enemy at a time in Steel Path.

Reduce the number of Steel Path enemies and increase their strength.

Dear DE, i have a suggestion regarding the Steel Path Void Fissures.

Instead or in addition of receiving (only) one Steel Essence, it would be great if we could crack 2 relics at once when we play a steel path fissure, this would be a proper reward for the increased difficulty.

Archived