Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

xbox controller not working on PC, melee bug?

Ramlethal_SigN

I just bought a new controller and i can't play warframe with it.
So, whenever i press "b" on my controller, which is the quick melee button, my warframe does only one attack like if i pressed "E" on keyboard once. And then when i press "b" (on my controller) again, it just doesn't work and does not do anything at all. Also, when i try to "aim" to get back to primary/secondary weapon, it will do a heavy melee attack instead. I tried every single option about melee in the configs, but non of them fixed anything. Please, i want to play warframe with my controller. Thanks.

If your new controller is Microsoft brand or PDP brand, you likely need to update the firmware for the device. If it is a generic/less-known brand (there might be official company software to update the firmware) then Steam Controller Support might be interfering/over-helping. Assuming you are playing Warframe through Steam, you can try disabling or tweaking the controller support.

For me using a PDP xbox controler, I needed to completely disable Steam support. For a generic brand Nintendo Switch controller, the only thing that allowed the controller to work was if I used Steam.

I hope that helps a bit.

hace 2 horas, LillyRaccune dijo:

If your new controller is Microsoft brand or PDP brand, you likely need to update the firmware for the device. If it is a generic/less-known brand (there might be official company software to update the firmware) then Steam Controller Support might be interfering/over-helping. Assuming you are playing Warframe through Steam, you can try disabling or tweaking the controller support.

For me using a PDP xbox controler, I needed to completely disable Steam support. For a generic brand Nintendo Switch controller, the only thing that allowed the controller to work was if I used Steam.

I hope that helps a bit.

Hi, thanks for the answer, i have the 3 xbox controllers that are originals and compatible with all pc games, 360, xbox one, and xbox series, none of them seems to work.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Nvm, disabling the controller support seems to have solved the issue, but only in bigpicture mode, i can live with that. Once again, thank you very much for the help!

Archived