Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion: Not really hyped for Styanax + Styanax speculation before next devstream

Skoomaseller

Feel free to disagree. Not trying to be all doom & gloom but rather start discussion. Read on.

Spartan/Hoplite frame is cool and all but with the recent underwhelming releases (Yareli sticking out like a sore thumb) I am not really all that excited for Styanax.

I would like to be proven wrong of course, but I'm not holding my breath.

BUT, in any case, what would you hope to see for Styanax? What sort of abilities would you think he'd have? What kind of signature weapons do you think he'll come with?

Yareli really was the only bad recent release from what i understand. Recently released Gyre is actually kinda hilarious for map clearing, to the point that i even put a Reactor on her.
It's just that everyone already has their favourite frames primed and with umbra formas, which is why nobody plays the recently released stuff...

That being said all i hope for him is to be fun. Abilities that actually have a job, deal damage, look cool, sh** like that. If he will have only 1 good ability and the rest will be cringe (Chroma moment) then i'll probably pass.

I dont mind the frame theme or concept, I am however not hyped nor the slightest hopeful after the horrible releases that are Yareli and Gyre. Gyre was pointlessly nerfed, which removed the only thing she had going for her versus higher level grineer and corpus. She's also the frame that looks decent when leveling her and fighting infested, then when you take her to corpus or grineer you kinda just wanna abandon the missions since her kit is completely useless.

What I hope is that they wont give Styanax yet another worthless exalted melee. If they give him one I hope it is atleast on Baruuk levels, not positively the same AoE potential, but an exalted with respectable damage.

34 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Spartan/Hoplite frame is cool and all but with the recent underwhelming releases (Yareli sticking out like a sore thumb) I am not really all that excited for Styanax.

That's what generally makes me not excited about new frames, regardless of their theme.

At least the spartan theme is grounded and functional, so it has my respect unlike... whatever that wolf thing is supposed to be

I'm pumped!  Honestly, of all the new frames in the past four years, only Yareli and Gyre stand out as being decidedly underwhelming, at least to me.  I know we all have our opinions on Caliban, but at least he's got some serious utility.

I also really like the theme they're going for.

What would immediately kill my excitement is DE revealing that he's a statstick frame or something.

I'm just not that excited for new releases for a couple of reasons:

1) Even worse acquisition methods instead of straight up reducing the drop chances. For newer frames they are introducing newer resources and only including a main BP for a questline. Meaning you can't just get lucky or complete the quest and be on your merry way.

2) Lack of Augments available, bit of a controversial one here but I am always looking for ways to stretch out builds and augments is one way of doing this

3) Sort of in-line with point 2 but lack of features. The new frames just don't bring anything new or exciting to the table like a new fastest reload speed method or a new CC frame or an unique way of boosting damage. And even if they did I still have 49 other frames to analyze beforehand. Usually they have just a self-contained gimmick.  And even when the new gimmicks are there they just aren't that great or restrictive enough to not be worth considering 

4) Helminth, need to farm two copies of a frame plus having an ability that could synergize with kits is there. 

vor 11 Minuten schrieb XHADgaming:

4) Helminth, need to farm two copies of a frame plus having an ability that could synergize with kits is there.

it's boring and a waste of time.
who wants to farm something like normal khora with lousy drop chances? (people even farmed it for more than 3 months)
and devs have built in lousy drop chances even for weak warframes.

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

Spartan/Hoplite frame is cool and all

I actually have the opposite feeling, I find the Spartan theme or whatever he is very boring & uninspired

But eh, it's Warframe, anything can be made cool, but until we see more of him tomorrow, I'm not hyped at all for this frame

13 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

No-Signal.png

Weird seeing someone else post my Tenno meme lol.

That aside, I feel the same as you regarding Styanax. Tbh I have 'frame fatigue. Would rather they look into some sort of prestige/path system for current frames, or something of the sort. Less is more and all that.

3 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Weird seeing someone else post my Tenno meme lol.

You made it? Dude you should've put your name in the corner or something, I always wondered who made it

5 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

That aside, I feel the same as you regarding Styanax. Tbh I have 'frame fatigue. Would rather they look into some sort of prestige/path system for current frames, or something of the sort. Less is more and all that.

Same feeling for that too, I was just looking for some Necromancy games when I saw someone mentioning Warframe with Nekros on a reddit thread, but his kit is boring & has little to do with with actual necromancy despite his name; that applies to many other frames

I have stopped being hyped or expectant for any new releases  , cause they are rarely ever conceptually new.

Not that DE is not trying , but there is only so much innovation you can do before things start looking like a copy of a previous concept.

I am also a lot less excited for it actually having anything to do with hoplite/Spartan theme. DE hasn't exactly shown they can match the theme to the kit in the last few releases.

It may be good , we will see.

My reaction is mostly, "meh".

2 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Not trying to be all doom & gloom but rather start discussion

and other NPC sentences from Warframe Forums

Yareli sticking out like a sore thumb

My brother in Christ you're using a Yareli pfp

11 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

You made it? Dude you should've put your name in the corner or something, I always wondered who made it

It's ok 🤣 I thought about it, but couldn't be arsed tbh lol.

(in case anyone wants to make their own though, I overlayed the font from the original meme onto the screenshot)

15 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Same feeling for that too, I was just looking for some Necromancy games when I saw someone mentioning Warframe with Nekros on a reddit thread, but his kit is boring & has little to do with with actual necromancy despite his name; that applies to many other frames

I feel you. A lot of frames are very 'lite' on their themes. I guess that's why I like Hydroid so much, he's one of the few that aren't.

Personally, I would like to see [pantheon's kit here].

That ain't gonna work here. 
What? Are you going to jump halfway across the map to crash into the roof of a corpus ship and bug out of the map? Or are you going to cripple a single grineer with your W and get mowed down by the others? are you going to create the garuda shield while being shot from behind? 

Anyway my point is that it's not going to work no matter how I put it.

It will most likely be inspired by the Spartans or Greeks and their tactics. 
562be6dc53fe504f6bc91cd03be3826c.jpg
Maybe we will finally have a movable shield/glove since DE has not wanted to change that in Frost, maybe as they always do, they will implement the ideas of reworks in new warframes.

Knowing DE, there'll be a weird sci-fi take on the kit. His Leverian art is strange enough.

Probably dual-wield energy spears you throw to AoE nuke. Summon an exalted spear and shield, block with the aegis to absorb damage to juice up the damage of the spear.

Archived