Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it faire that...

Gemoroda

I think for consoles you can only use it for untraded platinum due to how currency is set up and who takes the cut. So in a way console players are paying for cash for tennogen pieces similar to how us PC players can use steam wallet funds to pay for tennogen pieces. 

I think this issue lies on the console manufacturers for their ways of setting prices not DE.  So I think it is fair that DE has done their best of making the tennogen system available for everyone given this limitation. 

PC gets random plat discounts and sales with far more frequency than consoles do.

Plus console comes with the downside of needing to play on console. So it seems appropriate to throw them something in return.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Is it fair PC players get discounts for money off plat on thier daily logins and console players get discounts for a one item purchase on the in game market that doesn't include tennogen or bundles?

Swings and roundabouts I guess

I wish to get discount on next gear purchase. Prices are very expensive so I would rather earn plat & item discount than use -75% discount.

On PC it is directly supporting the creators of the Tennogen as they get a cut of each sale.  On Consoles DE has to do some contract things with the Tennogen creators and I believe it is a form of buy out so they get more of a lump rather than per sale. 

There is also the difference in how Plat is handled/login discounts are applied between PC and Console.

Fair, not Faire.

From what I'm given to understand PC has more tennogen than the consoles because in order to be sold on consoles for platinum DE has to buy the tennogen, or the ownership rights, or something like that.  Not all creators agree to that limiting the tennogen options on console. I also have to wonder if there's some contractual obligation with steam that prevents them selling steam based tennogen for platinum and competing with steam sales.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

with cross save on the horizon you could go to pc -> console and buy -> back to pc to use theoretically 

I won't be surprised if tennogen is homogenized when cross save is released. With it either going to all Plat or all cash. 

Also did they say we were getting cross save or cross play? I thought it was just cross play that was on the table.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I won't be surprised if tennogen is homogenized when cross save is released. With it either going to all Plat or all cash. 

Also did they say we were getting cross save or cross play? I thought it was just cross play that was on the table.

They are going for both but cross play is first because it's less complicated and less risky (as in DE doesn't want to accidentally lose our accounts in the void)

I mean if one was to study socioeconomic mobility and how wealth accumulation works and interacts with most peoples ideas around success, effort and hard work, then one would find most countries approaches to wealth inequality very not faire. So in turn, a game like Warframe, which uses a FTP model, has to use certain strategies to justify its existence, and pay its employees. Some of those strategies have to address different types of problems, which may vary. On console, its having to deal with the makers of the console. Tennogen in general, uses the art of outside sources, their strategy as far as incentivising and providing value to those artists is to pay them. 

Is it faire for Tennogen artists to not be paid? To work for free? Now we could say, that DE could pay them directly and PC users just use Plat, but there are probably good reasons they don't, and if otherwise, Plat might be made more expensive or even replaced with a Premium currency that would take this into account, that might not be tradable, so effectively you would end up having to still pay the equivalent amount of money to buy Tennogen with "Plat" anyway. 

On console, different problems, different solutions, including as many other people have mentioned, their Discounts/Vouchers are only for single items, and doesn't cover bundles or boosters or Tennogen items. Which seriously limits what they can do. Where as PC Discounts/Vouchers allow you to get a lot more bulk Plat. 

Its a bit "unfair" both ways. though if everyones quality of life was better, and the standards of living were raised a bit more (in some countries, a bit more than others), then a lot of this wouldn't much matter. The Tennogen artists would be fairly compensated, and we'd all have the means to get whatever skin we wanted. 

yes. even though updates are cross-platform now, back in the old days we had to wait a month or so just for Tennogen. even now, there are pros and cons to PC vs console; PC does perform better with a good setup, and you have Platinum Discount coupons: on console we have to wait until DE decides to offer a discount on our marketplaces and that's usually once a year, twice if we're lucky. I'd say they make up for it with booster packs but some of the latest ones haven't been worth it and I haven't seen a free one get added in ages.

I for one am glad they managed to get a system that works, even if it's not perfect: tennogen creators are very talented IMO and genuinely deserve every penny they get. I'd buy a few skins I've had my eye on (looking at you Lavos Alchemist) but I've been busy elsewhere and my wallet's a little light right now lol. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Its a bit "unfair" both ways. though if everyones quality of life was better, and the standards of living were raised a bit more (in some countries, a bit more than others), then a lot of this wouldn't much matter. The Tennogen artists would be fairly compensated, and we'd all have the means to get whatever skin we wanted. 

+1 Voted Best Answer.

The only concern I have is the recently exposed scandal where console marketplaces were intentionally overcharging players for things. Claiming that an extra 30% is "commission"... As long as that is prevented from happening to players, I'll try to cooperate with DE.

https://www.thegamer.com/sony-sued-5-billion-overcharging-playstation-players/

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

3 hours ago, Drasiel said:

They are going for both but cross play is first because it's less complicated and less risky (as in DE doesn't want to accidentally lose our accounts in the void)

specific to what reb says on dev streams along with steve and rest of team 

cross -play will occur 1st, and a test phase is also soon to come , cross -save will occur after play is solidified as merging accounts and other factors have to be taken into account 

for cash or plat its not known how this will behave , my guess it will be rounded out and explained in details when we get to the point before test phases 

17 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

I think for consoles you can only use it for untraded platinum due to how currency is set up and who takes the cut. So in a way console players are paying for cash for tennogen pieces similar to how us PC players can use steam wallet funds to pay for tennogen pieces. 

I think this issue lies on the console manufacturers for their ways of setting prices not DE.  So I think it is fair that DE has done their best of making the tennogen system available for everyone given this limitation. 

Nope, I farmed equinox divisa skin from trading. PC players can buy the skins for like $7 tho while it costs $10 in platinum on Console.

On 2022-08-25 at 10:13 PM, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Is it fair PC players get discounts for money off plat on thier daily logins and console players get discounts for a one item purchase on the in game market that doesn't include tennogen or bundles?

Swings and roundabouts I guess

As long as you have the option to not pay (which in my example pc players dont have that option) the argument is invalid right?

On 2022-08-26 at 12:49 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Is it fair that PC players get 75% off 3200 plat, which is 180 USD on console....

Again. Not sure if you are a troll or not...

Did not understood some of the comments but the only way it would be fair (not faire as someone felt the need to point because that was the topic of the discussion not considering nationally...) is of the "I think for consoles you can only use it for untraded platinum" statement would be true. Which is not from my understanding from the following posts after that

2 hours ago, Gemoroda said:

Again. Not sure if you are a troll or not...

I'm not sure you know what a troll is...

The argument that was put forward was very fair. There isn't as much plat floating around on console as we don't get as many discounts as you get. I for one only ever buy plat when it comes with the prime accessories as I don't get the option of cheap plat, certainly not with 75% off. The plat that is circulating on console must have originally started as bought so it should make no difference if tennogen is traded plat or not. Most things such as primes are more expensive on console as there is less plat in circulation so we get a buying tennogen with plat seems like a rare but decent advantage of console over PC.

Besides whether it's fair or not is irrelevant as that's the only way tennogen can be marketed on console so I guess your argument is invalid right?

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

I'm not sure you know what a troll is...

The argument that was put forward was very fair. There isn't as much plat floating around on console as we don't get as many discounts as you get. I for one only ever buy plat when it comes with the prime accessories as I don't get the option of cheap plat, certainly not with 75% off. The plat that is circulating on console must have originally started as bought so it should make no difference if tennogen is traded plat or not. Most things such as primes are more expensive on console as there is less plat in circulation so we get a buying tennogen with plat seems like a rare but decent advantage of console over PC.

Besides whether it's fair or not is irrelevant as that's the only way tennogen can be marketed on console so I guess your argument is invalid right?

CAN you purchase with platinum (without investing $$$) syandanas that are only purchasable with $$$ on pc?

And i am not reffering to PURCHASE platinum than pay platinum for them.

Platinum that you have made in game with no $$$, just by trading prime parts and others!

On 2022-08-25 at 2:59 PM, Gemoroda said:

...PC players have to use cash to get tennogen items and PS players Platinum?

Console players get tennogen skins for platinum, but the platinum is always worth $10 with no discounts. That means if you were to go out and buy a tennogen skin it costs more than pc, so it's actually very fair.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Console players get tennogen skins for platinum, but the platinum is always worth $10 with no discounts. That means if you were to go out and buy a tennogen skin it costs more than pc, so it's actually very fair.

So basically, in the end, you can only buy tenogen skins with platinum if you purchased the platinum directly, not if you got the platinum from trading? (because indeed if that is the case that i actually reconsider and it is unfair for PS players). but i somehow remember (maybe wrong) from my cousin that is a PS player (or was) that he purchased tenogen skin without paying $ (again maybe i am remembering this wrong)

4 hours ago, Gemoroda said:

So basically, in the end, you can only buy tenogen skins with platinum if you purchased the platinum directly, not if you got the platinum from trading? (because indeed if that is the case that i actually reconsider and it is unfair for PS players). but i somehow remember (maybe wrong) from my cousin that is a PS player (or was) that he purchased tenogen skin without paying $ (again maybe i am remembering this wrong)

no i have farmed a tennogen skin via trading. But if you were to buy the skin instead of farming for it, it costs more than it would be to buy it on pc so it's all fair.

Archived