Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Local man wants to use prisma grinlok more often (headshot kill definition suggestion)

OgreEye

So, I like primary deadhead, and I want to like galvanized scope, but I have run into the rather annoying issue of the fact that my grinlok utterly spits DoTs. Especially on the steel path, this robs me of headshot kills near constantly, even if I am only hitting the head. As such, I would like to suggest two solutions, because with the popularity of hunter munitions, this is definitely a widespread issue:
First: simply redefine a "headshot kill" as "this thing died and you landed a headshot within 0.1 seconds of the last projectile that hit it". I make that distinction so multishot and latency don't screw people, but pretty easy I'd think.
Second: probably more complex, but have a special flag for DoT originating from a headshot. if an enemy dies from this, it counts as a headshot kill. If DoTs start combining, make it so it counts if headshots form more than half the damage of the killing tick it counts.

1 hour ago, OgreEye said:

So, I like primary deadhead, and I want to like galvanized scope, but I have run into the rather annoying issue of the fact that my grinlok utterly spits DoTs. Especially on the steel path, this robs me of headshot kills near constantly, even if I am only hitting the head. As such, I would like to suggest two solutions, because with the popularity of hunter munitions, this is definitely a widespread issue:
First: simply redefine a "headshot kill" as "this thing died and you landed a headshot within 0.1 seconds of the last projectile that hit it". I make that distinction so multishot and latency don't screw people, but pretty easy I'd think.
Second: probably more complex, but have a special flag for DoT originating from a headshot. if an enemy dies from this, it counts as a headshot kill. If DoTs start combining, make it so it counts if headshots form more than half the damage of the killing tick it counts.

Please this goofs up my vulkar build as well. although when my MS get built up it does a normal one shot headshot.

I do wish they'd fix this.  (I'd also love it if they'd change the stack refresh on Scope/Crosshairs  to that of the other Galvanized mods, which would make the headshot kill issue easier to deal with.)

In case you didn't know already, direct gas and electric procs can get headshot kills, so they circumvent the issue somewhat.  I think this points to the structural source of the problem, which is that slash/heat/toxin procs don't hit body parts at all.  (Not that I'm suggesting that be changed, not without a general overhaul to the status system.)

On 2022-08-26 at 9:23 AM, OgreEye said:

As far as I know, headshots affect proc damage, so it should be relatively simple to flag a headshot enhanced proc that kills the target.

Archived