Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Archon shards need to be untradable. DE has catered to new players enough.


(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

If DE wants this new content to matter, then make everyone earn them.  Otherwise, players like myself will just circumvent the new content and buy in trade chat.

Do you realize that to have a full set of (non-tauforged) shards, player would need to farm it every week for 15 weeks?
With 20% dropchance of the Tauforged weapons we are talking about more than a year of farming for full set of tauforged shards.
If what they said is true and the content is going to be difficult (not every player will be able to farm it easily) shards will be very exclusive items.

The supply will be abysmally low, so the content will matter either way. I don't personally care, if it's going to be tradeable or not, but the idea of selling tauforged shard for a few hundreds of plat doesn't sound bad to me.

Circumventing content by buying is your decision. Someone will still have to farm it for you and since it will be extremelly constrained it will never stop being meaningful.

Anyways this discussion is pointless, because we don't know what DE thinks about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Do you realize that to have a full set of (non-tauforged) shards, player would need to farm it every week for 15 weeks?
With 20% dropchance of the Tauforged weapons we are talking about more than a year of farming for full set of tauforged shards.
If what they said is true and the content is going to be difficult (not every player will be able to farm it easily) shards will be very exclusive items.

The supply will be abysmally low, so the content will matter either way. I don't personally care, if it's going to be tradeable or not, but the idea of selling tauforged shard for a few hundreds of plat doesn't sound bad to me.

Circumventing content by buying is your decision. Someone will still have to farm it for you and since it will be extremelly constrained it will never stop being meaningful.

Anyways this discussion is pointless, because we don't know what DE thinks about this.

If made tradeable with the amount of players playing at any given week, especially when cross play get implemented.  ill have a full set in weeks not months. Also keep in mind this game is timeless and casual. There is no hurry to do anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

If made tradeable with the amount of players playing at any given week, especially when cross play get implemented.  ill have a full set in weeks not months. 

It still seems to me you are not taking into the account the fact that most players will want to keep the shards. What percantage of players will be able to actually do the mission? What percantage of players will actually want to sell it instead of using it? Equiping shards will cost some resources, therefore you will not want to swap the shards every few missions. You will probably want to get much more. I personally swap between 10-15 Warframes. Each will want a different set of shards. I don't want to be bothered by swapping the shards, so theoretically I wil need 50-75 shards!!!

Also, if this

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Also keep in mind this game is timeless and casual. There is no hurry to do anything.

is true, why would you want to circumvent the content and buy the shards? Just farm it every week. There is no hurry. Trading doesn't have to concern you.

Btw... if I had to pick a side I would actually side with you and be against shards being tradable, I just don't agree with your reasoning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

is true, why would you want to circumvent the content and buy the shards? Just farm it every week. There is no hurry. Trading doesn't have to concern you.

My only point was if there aren’t enough players trading to get a full set in one week or two, there is no rush because eventually the shards will be so plentiful and cheap it will be quiet easy to upgrade everyone of your frames. Without ever having to play said content. If tradable that is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

My only point was if there aren’t enough players trading to get a full set in one week or two, there is no rush because eventually the shards will be so plentiful and cheap it will be quiet easy to upgrade everyone of your frames. Without ever having to play said content. If tradable that is. 

That's exactly what I mean when I said I disagree with your reasoning.

Being willing to rob yourself of the content by buying the stuff you get by playing the content is something I simply cannot understand.
It's as if you bought a story driven single player game and you bought a special DLC for 10€ that let's you skip to the credits.
Point of the warframe is to grind the content so you get the things. If you want to just wait until people sell you the things, why even play the game??

In case the shards were tradable wouldn't you want to farm them anyways asap to try new builds, rather than wait for the "eventual"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

tradable wouldn't you want to farm them anyways asap to try new builds, rather than wait for the "eventual"?

I’d probably experience the content once. Then I’d trade to invest in my couple mains via trading.And that would probably be it. I’d either go do other things in Warframe, or play something else. Now if they weren’t tradable I’d login every week to play the content till I met my goal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think them being tradable would be fine if the slots needed to be unlocked first. Like you gain one possible slot for all frames each time you complete a Hunt. That way players at least need to unlock a complete set themselves before running off to buy them really matters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have some slight fears for it.

This is similar to the umbra forma discussion.

Early on it was rare enough that you only used it on your most used / preferred frame. 

But over time we got enough to apply one to each frame. 

Granted most frames only need one, so you only ever needed 50 total on average , and some frames don't even get any major benefit from it.

But there was a gradual shift from it being rare to relatively common thanks to the twitch drops , steel essence shop and nightwave seasons.

It did take a few years to reach that point though. And the forma was one time use.

The shards on the other hand are reusable (with costs ,but i think the tau forged ones get consumed, it wasn't very clear)

Despite getting one per week (actually lower cause I expect other ways to get it like twitch drops and exclusive shops) , they will eventually reach saturation. It might take significantly longer though.

I don't think everyone will want to shard every frame they have , maybe only the top 5 or so , and one set to be kept in rotation for new releases. So about 30 shards would be a sweet spot to have , after which I expect saturation.

The only way that won't happen is if they release things to use the shards in faster than they are consumed ... Maybe using a shard extends your existing invigoration for a week ? So that is one other sink that is possible.

Also these missions are expected to be tough (no revives , and more restrictions)  , let's not assume that every tom $&*^ and harry can just farm it to sell on the market.

If it even is tradeable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Otherwise, players like myself will just circumvent the new content and buy in trade chat.

That's the point.... That's exactly what DE wants you to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you really want show DE how much you Disapprove then just Farm the Shards and never trade for them.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

will Inaros will uses these archon shards?  Yes, will he enjoy the new meta that DE doesn't know they planted themselves?  YES, My brother grab the salt on the dev.  Also yes I am tired of these new players getting too cared for.  not mistaken by "cratered" which means large bowl of something but really I have to say it and tell it, "The New Players Needs To Be Push A Little". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I personally do not need plat, but generally 'end game' rewards being tradeable is also a benefit for anyone able to complete said content as it eventually becomes free income when ever it doesn't have an inflated supply.

I'm also unsure how someone who's played for a while is equivalent to a 'new' person. Depending on demand relative to supply, without buying plat, which most 'new' people aren't doing... they likely won't be able to afford them anyways if they were tradeable. At this point, you're just asking DE to hold your hand and force you to play the content while bashing 'new' players as a distraction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I'm going to preemptively create a problem, so I can complain about that problem, if they do this, a player like me is just going to use their premium currency to bypass the content. Hah... gottem!"

Hey, DE, I'm gonna play your game a lot for a few months, and earn a currency I can use to get stuff from other players. Haha, what you going to do about it? Oh yeah? You think I am going to grind getting Khora Prime? Guess what DE? You allowed Prime Access? I am going to just give you real money, and get Khora that way? What are you going to do then DE? Did you really think this through? DE you playing Conclave, but I am out here playing 12 Dimensional Under Kuva Komi Prime with my strats! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's still a lot that needs to be done to fix the new player experience and you're worried about some exhausting end game grind? Elitist nonsense. If you want to earn something so badly, go earn it. Don't sit around complaining about other players not doing things exactly like you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

My only point was if there aren’t enough players trading to get a full set in one week or two, there is no rush because eventually the shards will be so plentiful and cheap it will be quiet easy to upgrade everyone of your frames. Without ever having to play said content. If tradable that is. 

Assuming these are going to be like arcanes, I doubt they will become so cheap it's new player friendly. Unless the new player has 500p on him, but that's not really a game breaking issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Citation

Despite getting one per week (actually lower cause I expect other ways to get it like twitch drops and exclusive shops) , they will eventually reach saturation. It might take significantly longer though.

I don't think everyone will want to shard every frame they have , maybe only the top 5 or so , and one set to be kept in rotation for new releases. So about 30 shards would be a sweet spot to have , after which I expect saturation.

not for completionist like me, if there is not complementary shop, it will take almost 10 years to get your 50 frames and primed variants filled/socked.

Make it tradable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they're not tradeable it's a massive missed opportunity for sales. Especially in the first few weeks. I doubt they will not be tradable.  

Some players, like myself, have virtually everything in the game, we've put thousands of hours into the game and subsequently don't really play anymore except when new things come around and peak our interest. If I can't trade for them I MIGHT play for two weeks. If I can trade for them I'll probably play for a few months.  I'll do a little bit of the grind and trade for the rest, and if needed spend money on their game to do so. Finding new ways to break the game is fun, but at best it might keep me interested for a few months. 

What they really need is fun and challenging game play. And not the "we're going to make it annoying" challenging but interestingly challenging. Then I'd probably stick around for a lot longer and in the long-term dump money on stupid cosmetics.  If they don't actually check that box, the only way for them to potentially make money from me is if they are tradeable. And I personally know at least a dozen other players just like me in that regard and I guarantee there are a lot of us. So like I said massive missed opportunity for income if they're not tradeable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, making those things tradeable would be outright bonkers imo. The game desperately needs some kind of "endgame" system, where players, who already own everything else, can go to evolve their power even further, without being accessable to everybody else from the get-go, so that newer players have something to look forward to and to incentivize them to progress further (Kuva/Tennet weapons already could have been that, if they were not claimable without MR restrictions). Those shards have the potential to be exactly that, I really hope, that DE sees that, too, and can withstand their urge to cater everything to newer players this time... Certain somewhat exclusive stuff is mandatory to hold up player retention in the long run and Warframe has a severe lack of that so far, just saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Kuhl MC said:

Hmm, making those things tradeable would be outright bonkers imo. The game desperately needs some kind of "endgame" system, where players, who already own everything else, can go to evolve their power even further, without being accessable to everybody else from the get-go, so that newer players have something to look forward to and to incentivize them to progress further (Kuva/Tennet weapons already could have been that, if they were not claimable without MR restrictions). Those shards have the potential to be exactly that, I really hope, that DE sees that, too, and can withstand their urge to cater everything to newer players this time... Certain somewhat exclusive stuff is mandatory to hold up player retention in the long run and Warframe has a severe lack of that so far, just saying.

i agree to a certain extent, im all for healthy restrictions to incentivize both player progression and retention but there needs to be a rewarding sense of accomplishment when the restriction has been overcome,

making the shards tradable to just anyone would be outright bonkers, however shard trading between players who have earned at lest one shard without being revived would be a good incentive and rewarding as well as being a healthy restriction,

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

THe entire system isnt exactly easily accessible by new players unless get a older vet to help with some of grind for rep to speed up bounties and runs.  seeing as the helminth system is rep gated behind rank 3 with demos or even higher if requiers the invigoration system.  I am Legendary 1 and even now am still only rank 3 with them because didnt want to rep grind again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...