Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With a name like "Final Stand" I would've expected Styanax's 4th ability to be something like this, maybe as an augment?

Zahnrad

I know the AoE meme is kinda done to death at this point in Warframe, but I was really hoping that Styanax would have had some way to increase the power of his spears somehow.

(Yes I'll probably get a few comments calling me cringe for using this as a reference)

But I feel like it'd fit the Spartan theme. I'm not an expert in Greek mythology, but weren't spears associated with thunder and used as a literal weapon?

z1zA9Iv.gif

Sadly, destructible environments aren't really a thing, nor are environments large enough to facilitate such a big spear.

Also, Camila Cuevas, nice. Lost interest in Glitchtale, but still a fan of her earlier work on Jade and Clan: Nemesis.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Sadly, destructible environments aren't really a thing, nor are environments large enough to facilitate such a big spear.

Also, Camila Cuevas, nice. Lost interest in Glitchtale, but still a fan of her earlier work on Jade and Clan: Nemesis.

yeah, sad the Clan Nemesis series never got a conclusion.

But no, I didn't mean specifically destructible enviroments.

52 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I know the AoE meme is kinda done to death at this point in Warframe, but I was really hoping that Styanax would have had some way to increase the power of his spears somehow.

(Yes I'll probably get a few comments calling me cringe for using this as a reference)

But I feel like it'd fit the Spartan theme. I'm not an expert in Greek mythology, but weren't spears associated with thunder and used as a literal weapon?

z1zA9Iv.gif

Ngl a name like "Final Stand" sounds like Styanax is the final boss of Jojo characters.

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Unless the devs said "Spartan" in the devstream, Astyanax was a Trojan, not a Spartan. Battle of Troy, not Thermopylae 

I swear I heard someone throw out the word Spartan at some point during the devstream. But even if not, Trojans were Greek anyway.

Also, it should be noted that the name of the frame is kind if irrelevant. Turkish or Greek, it is very obviously derived from the Greek peltast. Maybe the devs don't know much about history and assumed Troy was in Greece or something but their design for the frame is clearly inspired by the Greek peltast.

11 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

When I googled, it says they are believed to be Greek or Indo-European. I'm just going off what google says.

Well I mean... Troy was in Turkey so I dunno what to tell you lol

The acaecheans attacked Troy. The trojan people were Turkish and the acaecheans greek.

Here is some info about Troy

https://www.livescience.com/38191-ancient-troy.html

14 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Well I mean... Troy was in Turkey so I dunno what to tell you lol

The acaecheans attacked Troy. The trojan people were Turkish and the acaecheans greek.

Here is some info about Troy

https://www.livescience.com/38191-ancient-troy.html

Nah I'm not saying you're wrong. I just typed in "Were the Trojans Greek?" in Google before I made my post to double check, and it gave me results that seemed to suggest they were. Google moment.

8 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

They were the weapons of like... everybody in Greece. Even in the video you link, they point out that it was the military standard not Hector's Iconic weapons.

Spartans, Trojans, Athenans. Hell, Romans, Britons, Gauls... you'd be hard pressed to find just about any culture that didn't find value in using a big sharp stick and a big plank of wood or sheet of metal to maximise the ability to stab whilst minimising the chances you'd be stabbed.

Styanax is a generic Greek warrior themed frame and 'Spartan' is the cultural touchstone for 'Greek soldier' thanks to 300, and pop culture assumes Trojans are Greek because the Illiad is a Greek poem and it's not like the Greeks who were engaging in that culture were really trying to nail the cultural differences in their own art.

Spoiler

Scenes From the Trojan War | HistoryNet

Besides, Styanax uses a Peltast shield, which was a Greek design, despite having a Trojan name, so he's probably not really based on any specific culture past 'Greek Hoplite Aesthetic'

9 hours ago, Zahnny said:

z1zA9Iv.gif

if DC gets to suggest any, ill put one out , i can say that if we looked at turning the 4 power to be like ivaras 4 augment it could be similar allowed 

so instead of a multichain strike, it does a single powerful focused strike that explodes , i dont see why not, but possible focus on a uber headshot or something to that effect imo  

i dont think a HUGE aoe would be allowed but something akin to again how ivaras augment works should be ok , as we already have one like that 

See the source image

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Of course if the devs actually said the word "Spartan" I can drop all this nitpicking

Rebecca notes Styanax is Greek Inspired in the devstream at 28:27
Greg refers to the ultimate as a "300 power fantasy" in the devstream at 43:19-ish
I recall someone else joking about it needed a 300 power kick as an idle animation someplace as well.

Probably simpler to think of it as simply "period greek inspired" and leave it there.

I'm still waiting for an augment that'll do something similar for Ember.
Like you hold 4 to charge up and aim a  single huge meteor, and then after it falls, it sets the ground on fire, burning enemies that dare to step into it.

Thinking about it, despite costing a ton of energy, and often being called "ultimate", I don't think there's a single flashy 4th ability in the game, in fact, I think Styanax's 4th is already the most "epic" looking ability in the game.

11 hours ago, Zahnny said:

z1zA9Iv.gif

Maybe as 5th power, a cooldown ultimate ability?

Be pretty dope, and since its cooldown maybe it could be universal for any frame to use or swap out with some other ultimate universal cooldown ability?

Archived