Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A sad day for Clem

(XBOX)CookingGiant

I'm not sure where to put this but I thought I'd share this information with the community the original creator of Clem Datareaper passed away recently he was the one who drew the original comics of Clem that got him so popular that they added him to the game I figured I'd share this a moderator can fix this put it wherever they want I guess hope you all have a good day

Im actually crying with this news, im still overcoming the grief of losing my mother in law last October and im very empathic person so i easily put my self in place of those closest to the person that passed, not to mention he made in my opinion one of the biggest contributions to the Warframe community.

I really hope DE adds some homage to him in the game. Perhaps have Clem hold some flowers, add a small memorial Stone in some spot of the Iron Wake near Clem which players can interact with or temporarily add something to the Relays like crown of flowers on the Statues hands.

6 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Im actually crying with this news, im still overcoming the grief of losing my mother in law last October and im very empathic person so i easily put my self in place of those closest to the person that passed, not to mention he made in my opinion one of the biggest contributions to the Warframe community.

I really hope DE adds some homage to him in the game. Perhaps have Clem hold some flowers, add a small memorial Stone in some spot of the Iron Wake near Clem which players can interact with or temporarily add something to the Relays like crown of flowers on the Statues hands.

Yeah, we definitely need tome stone that has a flower placing interaction DE .

I for one would also like a Ribbon/pin in honor of Datareaper for my Warframe to wear, and I think it would be excellent idea if Clem himself  proudly wore it as well.💗👍 

CLEM, sad news, wow he was only 35, to young to go.

Source

Alexander's obituary
Alexander McGuire, (35) known on the internet as “Viscereality and Datareaper”, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in his sleep from a brain aneurism.

Alexander was an incredibly kind, supportive, knowledgeable, and intelligent person. He is survived by his close family and friends, and the hundreds, if not thousands of friends and fans he made on the internet, with great contributions to the Destiny and Warframe communities. He will be sorely missed by all. I would please ask you to share your fondest moments and memories you have. Thank you.

I did not know him, but Clem brought many moments of joy and humor in the game. May he live on through his creations, and rest in peace. Thank you, Datareaper.

10 hours ago, pinkxblack said:

Go to the Iron Wake lets put some flowers around his fortress.

thumbsupcat.png

tragic news.. only 35 Y/O as well.. far too soon to be taken. RIP Datareaper.

IMO DE should honor his legacy with a unique Clem Mission alert, maybe giving a sigil or something. probably a lot to ask, but being able to play as clem (same process as Kahl, but he's smaller and has Two Grakatas) would be neat: it could be a special mini quest called "Data Reaping", and it's just one Spy mission where Clem has to figure out how to hack the Vault Consoles (but could also accidentally mess with the ship's other systems such as life support, lighting etc. plenty of opportunity for hijinks.), IDK, I think it'd be neat.

I did not know him but Rest in Peace. He was then in my age range because I am 36 years old. Poor guy he was still too young for that but sadly the life does otherwise. We could make him as our warframe hero just like how Blizzard did with their fans. An actual move by part of DE would be nice but many fan passed away during this time and not remembered. 

I wish him good luck in heaven.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived