Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvments to stats/damage/elements system.

Famecans

I think other stat procs could synergize like viral so this would homogenize new damage synergies for new weapons.

Below we have the most recommended damage by procs stats and specifications among players:

• Viral: after 10 tiks increase +325% damage to enemy health (affects specific enemies)
  • Corrosive: after 10 tiks reduces -75% armor (affects specific enemies)
  • Heat: after 1 tiks triggers fire damage over time and reduces enemy armor -50% (affects specific enemies)
  • Slash: After 1 tiks triggers slash damage over time that passes through/ignores armor and deals direct damage to enemy's health. (does not cross/ignore shields or adaptation)

I will use this data above to improve other types of damage following rules:

• the status procs of combined elements magnetic, gas, etc... will have the same mechanics as the status proc viral or corrosive which are also combined elements. in this case we will have 3 elements combined that increases +325% of direct damage to health ignoring enemy resistance and 3 elements combined that reduces -75% of enemy resistance.
  • the above rule also applies to physical damage and unique elementals (cold, electric, impact, puncture...) will also be boosted by effects similar to heat and slash.
  • no enemies or faction in the game will be changed however the effects suggested below can be polished/readjusted if they synergize a combination that broke some factions.
  • no one status present in the game will be removed or changed.

Below are the new stat procs to be added for each damage type

Combined elemental A (same mechanics as viral):

• Magnetic: after 10 tiks +325% damage to enemy shields (affects specific enemies)
  • Gas: after 10 tiks +325% damage to enemy adaptation (affects specific enemies)

Combined elemental B (same mechanics as corrosive):

• Blast: after 10 tiks reduces -75% enemy shields (affects specific enemies)
  • Radiation: after 10 tiks reduces -75% enemy adaptation (affects specific enemies)

Unique elemental (same heat mechanics):

• Cold: after 1 tiks -50% enemy adaptation and triggers cold damage over time. (affects specific enemies)
  • Electric: after 1 tiks -50% enemy shield and triggers electrical damage over time. (affects specific enemies)
  • Toxic: after 1 tiks -50% enemy health and triggers toxin over time damage. (affects specific enemies)

Physical damage (same slash mechanics):

• Impact: after 1 tiks triggers damage over time that passes through/ignores shields and deals direct damage to enemy's health. (does not cross/ignore armor or adaptation)
  • Puncture: after 1 tiks triggers damage over time that goes through/ignores adaptation and deals direct damage to enemy's health. (does not pass through/ignore armor or shields)

hypothetical lore notes:

• the gas damage ignore the sentients adaptation as smoke would be easily absorbed by the sentient race which is basically a cluster of living beings heads united into a single walking being.
  • also following historical traces sentients radiation damage affects sentients could reduce adaptation as radiation maddens the cluster of adaptive beings like senients.
  • blast damage could reduce shields because in physics the explosive action is very similar to a physical impact with speed and heat.
  • there could be some kind of synergy between elemental and non-elemental unique damages, creating bonuses and negative effects when combining two unique damages that are not combining but these are ideas that need to be thought about.

I always believe that those who should decide the balance in things like these are the developers. No developer can take the demands of the players literally, that is, if something is wrong and it is mentioned over and over again, i am definitely 100% in agreement that they do something about it but let them decide how to fix it with their numbers and their equations.

17 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I always believe that those who should decide the balance in things like these are the developers. No developer can take the demands of the players literally, that is, if something is wrong and it is mentioned over and over again, i am definitely 100% in agreement that they do something about it but let them decide how to fix it with their numbers and their equations.

but dear portuguese player did you notice any numerical exaggeration?

I'm open to opinions as I don't think the developers will read this as there are many threads similar to this one about the damage system and it's quite likely that the DE already has some plans in development.🤙

I would start to actually make the rest of the status effects actually do what they're supposed to, instead of doing nonsensical things... (Yes, I'm looking at you, Puncture)

... But then again, I'm not a dev... Oh, if I was a dev, the fun I would have all day long... 🤣

7 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I would start to actually make the rest of the status effects actually do what they're supposed to, instead of doing nonsensical things... (Yes, I'm looking at you, Puncture)

do you notice how the DE doesn't make enemies with adaptation and doesn't do missions 100% focused on sentients because adaptation is the hardest and most pertinent damage reducer in the game? so technically if we have puncture ignoring adaptation the high level sentient faction could be more present throughout the game

9 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... But then again, I'm not a dev... Oh, if I was a dev, the fun I would have all day long... 🤣

hey calm down guy, we have no devs here no need to be ashamed, there are just threads and more useless threads to create and discuss😂

1 hour ago, Famecans said:

(...) adaptation is the hardest and most pertinent damage reducer in the game? so technically if we have puncture ignoring adaptation the high level sentient faction could be more present throughout the game

... The only problem related with player damage vs adaptation is simply bad choices... Everyone knows that Armor is what you're claiming adaptation to be... And you know very well that, as tied to lore as DE wants it to be, Sentient missions do not exist in the abundance you would like them to have is simply because they cannot rebuild their forces without a living battery...

Besides, Health gates were removed from Sentients... If people aren't killing Sentients with a single shot, well~, I don't know what to tell them...

IPS doesn't naturally have the status synergy that they are meant to have, for example. If it did, there wouldn't be "Impact->Chance to Slash" mods and people wouldn't be so fixated on Viral as they currently are, and builds would be a lot more diverse in a lot more ways than people would think. 🤔

... I don't know. I'm pretty sure DE could've done better... I know I would've done better, but that's me...

Archived