Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet / Kuva Progenitor Bonus recommendations

Achlevius

Question

I just watched The Kengineer's video on the best Progenitor Bonuses for the Kuva and Tenet weapons, and he recommended Toxin as the best (all-rounder) bonus element for all but three of the weapons (Heat for the Flux Rifle and Ogris, Magnetic for the Nukor).

I agree with / understand the recommendation for the Nukor, and I already have a Heat Ogris, but I'm not 100% if he is correct on the rest, so I wanted to ask what other's opinions / advice is.  What is the meta for choosing the bonus element for Kuva / Tenet weapons?

18 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

tl;dr: I want to get a Tenet weapon, but due to effort / tedium involved in spawning a Sister, I want to use a 'frame that will reduce the likelihood that I need to "re-roll" the Sister (i.e. abandon the mission without mercying the Sister).

Kuva Liches are comparatively easier to spawn than Sisters.  If I want a Magnetic Kuva Nukor, I just go to Cassini, Saturn with a Magnetic 'frame, kill a bunch of Grineer until a Larvling spawns, down the larvling, and check if it has a Nukor.  If it does not, abandon the mission and repeat.  Easy.

Now, imagine I wanted a Magnetic Tenet Arca Plasmor or a Radiation Tenet Cycron.  To spawn the Sister Candidate, I have to run around a map for 3+ minutes until a pursesnatcher spawns, kill him, take his coin, put the coin in a hand slot, go into another dimension to participate in a limited time event where I have to kill a bunch of floating buggers using specific mechanics, and then, when the Candidate spawns, pray to the RNG gods that its weapon is the correct one.  If not, and I abandon the mission, I have to go through the whole Granum Void process again.

Ah, yeah that makes sense to me. 

Plus yeah, spawning Sisters can take considerately more effort. 

Oh, I am not sure if you are aware of this or not, but you might not want to abandon the mission, if its a failed weapon you don't want. They added a new system, where if you finish a mission after rejecting a Candidate, that weapon is removed from the pool. So the more runs you do, the more you increase your chances of getting the exact weapon you want. Abandoning the level mid mission won't work though. So might be faster to do a Capture, spawn Candidate then run to exist if its not the one you want. 

Looking at a list of Tenet weapons... 

Since Tenet Envoy comes with innate Cold, IIRC, if you pick an element those combine. If you don't add any elemental mods. If you do add one, it combines with the element you chose, leaving you with that combo and then Cold. Since its a launcher, with high crit stats, you'll probably want Hunter Munitions on it, and the Crit Mods... and possibly Primed Firestorm, even though its being nerfed... so just choosing Toxin is a good bet, since you get Viral off the bat. 

Tenet Arca Plasma (my personal fav) already comes with innate Radiation, so picking that is a bit of a waste, but IIRC this gun works great with Galvanised Aptitude, so depending on what you are going to build it for, going for something like Magnetic (and then building for Corrosive or Viral) could be good. Though again, just going Toxin so you only need to use one mod to create Corrosive/Viral is good, especially if you have a Riven. 

Tenet Cycron would probably be a weapon people recommend to go for Heat... if it didn't already come with Heat, since its a beam type weapon that can chain and is good for status application. Similar principle as Tenet Flux. Could choose Heat to get even more Heat, but might also mess up your build when adding other elements and the way they might combine. Since the Tenet Spirex is a bit slow to me, I went for a Hemorrhage, but a lot of that was in part novelty. I think its really good. I still usually mod it for Viral or Corrosive. Tenet Detron I choose Heat progenitor. 

Also, if you weren't aware, changing Tenety/Kuva weapon elements is easier than ever if you do decide to Valence fusion. (It didn't use to be) so thats a comfort at least. If you like shotguns, I'd recommend going for Tenet Arca Plasma first, it will do amazing against the content you mentioned. If you like AOE launchers, go for Tenet Envoy. If you like automatic rifles that are fast, Tenet Flux Rifle... or Tenet Tetra, with the Tetra having an Alt Fire thats explosive AOE. If you like slower but hard hitting Secondaries, then Tenet Spirex, or beam secondaries like Kuva Nukor, then Tenet Cycron. If you like akimbo pistols, then Tenet Diplos. Tenet Detron is like a pistol shotgun. 

Personally I am not really big on Secondaries if they aren't the Epitaph or Laetum, so mostly went off meta for the Tenet Secondaries. 

Good luck and hope we are giving you enough info to make an informed choice! 

I, personally, always pick heat.
Heat is the most overloaded status in the game, with DOT+CC(Panic)+Armor Strip. I usually pair it with viral, and you get a beastly combo. The toxic option assumes you're using that status to combine with a second one. I pick heat, because i want to keep heat as a damage type. The exceptions would be stuff like the Cycron and Spirex which already has heat, those you can go for a different damage type, or stack more heat.

10 hours ago, Achlevius said:

A thought occurs: if I go into mission and spawn a Lich / Sister, and they have the weapon I want (e.g. Tenet Cycron), but I brought the wrong progenitor Warframe, if I abandon the mission, you said the weapon is NOT removed from the weapon pool.

Does this mean that the next time I spawn a Lich / Sister that it will have the same weapon, or will the system just randomly re-select from available weapons again?

It probably removes the weapon from the pool. What you can do is take that one, farm it, then do a second time for the one with the right progenitor and do a valence fusion on it to correct things. Don't forget you can ALWAYS use valence to change the bonus status type if things change. I've messed around with my nukor's status several times, and i always go back to heat.

Also, like the Kengineer, this is my opinion, what you saw in the video is his. Don't take these things as gospel, streamers/youtubers can be, and frequently are, wrong, especially if your own play style doesn't match theirs.

1 minute ago, Achlevius said:

A thought occurs: if I go into mission and spawn a Lich / Sister, and they have the weapon I want (e.g. Tenet Cycron), but I brought the wrong progenitor Warframe, if I abandon the mission, you said the weapon is NOT removed from the weapon pool.

Does this mean that the next time I spawn a Lich / Sister that it will have the same weapon, or will the system just randomly re-select from available weapons again?

I don't personally know for certain sorry.

My assumption is that, if you quit the mission. The weapon is not removed, but its randomised on the next mission. I've never had the curiosity or will to find out, since I have all the weapons, and only need to max out stats, elemental type doesn't matter. 

Someone else might know, but could also be possible to try it out and see, if you are willing to take the risk/time.

On 2022-08-31 at 3:37 AM, Achlevius said:
On 2022-08-30 at 10:40 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Oh, I am not sure if you are aware of this or not, but you might not want to abandon the mission, if its a failed weapon you don't want. They added a new system, where if you finish a mission after rejecting a Candidate, that weapon is removed from the pool. So the more runs you do, the more you increase your chances of getting the exact weapon you want. Abandoning the level mid mission won't work though.

OK, thanks for the heads up.  I knew about the weapon being removed from the pool, but not the part where you had to complete the mission for it to take effect.  I guess that makes sense, though.  What if you lost connection to the game when the weapon you wanted dropped, right? 😬😁

Impact isn't the best but can make anything proc Slash if you run a Hemmorhage/IB build. That includes non-physical weapons like the Kuva Nukor, and IMO is better than Magnetic if you intend on that sort of build since Hemmorhage/IB mods are essentially a free Slash proc. Also has double the chances if the weapon has an AoE, like the Spirex.

But if the weapon isn't a secondary, I wouldn't bother with Hemmorhage/IB since Hunter Munitions is cheaper and only relies on crit chance. Magnetic also still comes in handy vs. Corpus, while I'm sure you're already building Viral + Heat on it for everything else anyways

Toxin is the most versatile because Corrosive/Viral/Gas covers every faction (Toxin by itself vs. Corpus.) You don't need heat in every case, it's just nice for melting armour in half and you can probably make up for the damage with faction mods or something.

Radiation can't mix so it's a good choice if you really can't decide, or don't care

6 hours ago, maaleru said:

What "one more mod" is so important that the weapon won't work without it?

Off the top of my head, Primed Shred for full auto primaries fits the bill in some circumstances,  like the Kuva Quartakk and Karak. On elemental builds its difficult to squeeze in Primed Shred without the freed slot from the Progenitor bonus, and the RoF and Punchthrough works wonders on SP

Though recently I've been using the Progenitor for priming and replacing the 2 60 60s with Primed Shred and Faction Damage.

27 минут назад, Achlevius сказал:

One time, I took the (Synoid?) Simulor into a Grineer mission.  Had to abort because I was doing almost no damage. 😬😅

Build through the wrong element - this is understandable.

The Game offers an additional element that you use instead of 1 of the mod slots. Freeing up the slot.

Accordingly, if you do not use this element in the main part of the build, and it just thrown to be an additional minor bonus, you simply lose 1 mod slot.

What "one more mod" is so important that the weapon won't work without it?

QoL slot
I'm not sure if kuva/tenet weapon is chosen for lvl 9999 SP.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

The bonus is 25-60% so it is not a lot directly added to the damage

Isn't the progenitor bonus considered "base" damage and thus damage mods scale off of it?  If yes, then the difference between +25% and +60%, especially in weapons that do tons of damage (e.g. Arca Plasmor), is going to be huge.

That being said:

I'm not saying "don't valence fusion", I'm saying only invest in weapons you actually like.

Understood, and that was my plan all along. 🙂

For a weapon like nukor and cycron it isn't about dealing damage, it's about triggering status effects.

One time, in The Index, some rando carried us with nothing but a Kuva Nukor.  Melted every single yuk yuk to come our way within about a second. 😲 This, when my modded Vaykor Hek was struggling to take down even one enemy with a full clip. 😢

58 minutes ago, maaleru said:

IMHO, you're overthinking this. As if with the wrong bonus, the weapon will not shoot at all.

One time, I took the (Synoid?) Simulor into a Grineer mission.  Had to abort because I was doing almost no damage. 😬😅

IMHO, you're overthinking this. As if with the wrong bonus, the weapon will not shoot at all.

21 минуту назад, LillyRaccune сказал:

But I will burn myself out if I tried to max out the weapons, so I avoid it

I just fished 1 lich per day as a warm up early in the morning.

8 hours ago, Achlevius said:
13 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Personally I discourage Valence Fusion

Why is that?

The bonus is 25-60% so it is not a lot directly added to the damage, and with an average of 4% increase per fusion it can be a real slog. For a weapon like nukor and cycron it isn't about dealing damage, it's about triggering status effects. And I'm not saying "don't valence fusion", I'm saying only invest in weapons you actually like.

I have all the weapons, I still do the occational lich for fun. But I will burn myself out if I tried to max out the weapons, so I avoid it. It was also because in a previous comment you acknowledged that nemesis weapons are a lot of work and proceeded to list off other things you needed to grind. As someone that's been playing regularly for 6 years, prioritizing things so I don't burn out is a big deal. I say "stop grinding and smell the roses" you know? That's pretty much why I discourage fusion.

4 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Oh, I am not sure if you are aware of this or not, but you might not want to abandon the mission, if its a failed weapon you don't want. They added a new system, where if you finish a mission after rejecting a Candidate, that weapon is removed from the pool. So the more runs you do, the more you increase your chances of getting the exact weapon you want. Abandoning the level mid mission won't work though. So might be faster to do a Capture, spawn Candidate then run to exist if its not the one you want. 

OK, thanks for the heads up.  I knew about the weapon being removed from the pool, but not the part where you had to complete the mission for it to take effect.  I guess that makes sense, though.  What if you lost connection to the game when the weapon you wanted dropped, right? 😬😁

Tenet Arca Plasma (my personal fav) already comes with innate Radiation, so picking that is a bit of a waste, but IIRC this gun works great with Galvanised Aptitude, so depending on what you are going to build it for, going for something like Magnetic (and then building for Corrosive or Viral) could be good. Though again, just going Toxin so you only need to use one mod to create Corrosive/Viral is good

Yeah, this is what I was aiming for, though I'd probably add Heat as well if I can fit it.

Since Tenet Envoy comes with innate Cold, IIRC, if you pick an element those combine. If you don't add any elemental mods. If you do add one, it combines with the element you chose, leaving you with that combo and then Cold. Since its a launcher, with high crit stats, you'll probably want Hunter Munitions on it, and the Crit Mods... and possibly Primed Firestorm, even though its being nerfed... so just choosing Toxin is a good bet, since you get Viral off the bat.

This is going to be a tough one, so I will have to think on this for sure.

Tenet Detron I choose Heat progenitor.
Tenet Detron is like a pistol shotgun. 

It doesn't sound like you like the Tenet Detron very much. 😅

The Mara Detron is one of my favourite secondaries, so I hope this one is as good, but I might go Magnetic so as to make a Galvanized Shot build with modded Viral + Heat.

Then again, Galvanized Shot only stacks 3x, so maybe I'm overdoing it?

If you like automatic rifles that are fast, Tenet Flux Rifle... or Tenet Tetra, with the Tetra having an Alt Fire thats explosive AOE.

I feel like the Tenet Tetra (both primary and alt fire) would be fun...for about 5 minutes.  Then I'd get bored of it.  But I could be wrong.

Personally I am not really big on Secondaries

I don't blame you; there aren't that many truly good ones... 😔

On 2022-08-30 at 3:06 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Also I am familiar with the video but too lazy to watch it right now... 

I forgot to mention earlier, Brozime now also has a recommendations list on his website.

Lo and behold, most of them are Heat, not Toxin. 🥴🤪😅

Good luck and hope we are giving you enough info to make an informed choice! 

Thank you, and others, for the advice so far; it has been very helpful. 🙂

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Personally I discourage Valence Fusion

Why is that?

4 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

If you looking for a suggestion on what your first nemesis weapon should be and advice on the element, here you go:

• Magnetic Kuva Nukor
  • Magnetic Tenet Cycron

I was surprised to learn that the Tenet Cycron's damage type is Heat instead of Radiation like the standard Cycron.  A Magnetic progenitor bonus sounds good, but I wonder if Radiation wouldn't be good as well.  With Heat / Rad, I can add Viral, Corrosive or Magnetic as needed and still keep Heat / Rad, but with Heat / Mag, while I can still do Viral or Corrosive and keep the Heat / Mag, adding Radiation would lose the Heat, and this is definitely one weapon I'd want Galvanized Shot on.

But then, as you said, I can use other weapons for Grineer already... 😜

18 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Toxin gives most versatile options to minimize mod slots.

I guess that depends on what you are modding.  My default mod loadout is Viral + Heat, with Corrosive + Heat for Deimos and particularly nasty Grineer.  Having Toxin as the progenitor element would mean I'd have to use the same number of mod slots.  That, or I just don't have Heat on my weapon.

I almost never mod Magnetic + Toxin for Corpus because they're such pushovers, and with their enormous health pools in Railjack, I feel like Viral is better.

Toxin is a good default option.

Do note that the actual lich / sister fight may be pretty bad as they can simply wipe out your health (toxin damage) and have abilities that totally screw you over.

As long as the weapon itself doesn't have an innate element before the progenitor bonus (i think spirex has heat and envoy has cold?) Toxin gives most versatile options to minimize mod slots.

And heat gives best passive damage bonus while applying standard loadout mods.

radiation would be the next for versatile option independent of loadout followed by magnetic for good primer.

12 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

For the most part, I agree, but this usually only works out after I have the weapon and have played around with it.

There are some base weapons that I really enjoy but do not want to invest any(more) into due to the Kuva / Tenet versions being better...allegedly.  Sometimes, a weapon looks better on paper than it performs in practice

Well, I don't know if it will help, but the Tenet/Kuva variants mostly functions the same, just with higher stats and sometimes added functionality. 99% of the time. If you already enjoy the base variant, you'll most likely enjoy the Tenet/Kuva variant. The only one that doesn't follow this rule (AFAIR) is the Tenet Flux rifle, which changes from a beam weapon to a full-auto rifle.

Personally I discourage Valence Fusion, unless you really really like the weapon.

Anyway if you looking for a suggestion on what your first nemisis weapon should be and advice on the element, here you go:

• Kuva Nukor
  • Tenet Cycron
  • Magnetic element

Both weapons are similar, magnetic causes damage to everything and helps cause an additional status effect. Sure it isn't great on grineer, but I already have Viral and Fire on most of my builds anyway so the magnetic just means I don't have to change anything when I'm fighting different factions.

18 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I am not exactly sure what you are asking here?...

Best all rounder element and meta aren't necessarily the same, but asking what the "meta" is, also can get complicated, because it can depend on different variables, like whether you mean end of game, level cap content? Whether you are priming enemies, synergising your builds (like building around Condition Overload), or just vaguely the "meta" for most "general content" like Sorties and base Steel Path?

OK, fair question.

tl;dr: I want to get a Tenet weapon, but due to effort / tedium involved in spawning a Sister, I want to use a 'frame that will reduce the likelihood that I need to "re-roll" the Sister (i.e. abandon the mission without mercying the Sister).

Kuva Liches are comparatively easier to spawn than Sisters.  If I want a Magnetic Kuva Nukor, I just go to Cassini, Saturn with a Magnetic 'frame, kill a bunch of Grineer until a Larvling spawns, down the larvling, and check if it has a Nukor.  If it does not, abandon the mission and repeat.  Easy.

Now, imagine I wanted a Magnetic Tenet Arca Plasmor or a Radiation Tenet Cycron.  To spawn the Sister Candidate, I have to run around a map for 3+ minutes until a pursesnatcher spawns, kill him, take his coin, put the coin in a hand slot, go into another dimension to participate in a limited time event where I have to kill a bunch of floating buggers using specific mechanics, and then, when the Candidate spawns, pray to the RNG gods that its weapon is the correct one.  If not, and I abandon the mission, I have to go through the whole Granum Void process again.

Personally though, I think its more fun to consider what you want to use the weapon for.

For the most part, I agree, but this usually only works out after I have the weapon and have played around with it.

There are some base weapons that I really enjoy but do not want to invest any(more) into due to the Kuva / Tenet versions being better...allegedly.  Sometimes, a weapon looks better on paper than it performs in practice (e.g. Twin Kohmak 😐) and vice versa (e.g. Kohmak 😅).

Eventually, I plan to get all the Kuva and Tenet weapons, and will probably farm additional copies for Valence Fusion purposes, and at that point I can try different Progenitor Bonuses (as well as Ephemera farming), but that is a ways off and it would help if the first one I have is decent.

Again though, that returns to what sort of content are you going to be doing?

Right now, I still have to unlock a ton of Railjack nodes.  Beyond that, I'd be doing Arbitrations, Sorties, open world (particularly Orb Vallis, as I still haven't maxed out Solaris United, given how horrible the grind is) and eventually Steel Path.

2 hours ago, (PSN)shann_cz said:

Radiation is good all-around damage type. I use it on all Tenet weapons because I finish Granum void with Octavia. Radiation also causes enemies to attack each other. 

You are not making mistake with radiation.. But Toxin/Fire are better for variability and "damage maxing".

thank you for the reply!

im glad i am not the only person who likes radiation on my weapons. i like that i can do Radiation+Viral+Heat. radiation was amazing to use on AoE weapons to create mass Hysteria. i think it can help VS eximus too atm? 

does toxin/fire on kuva/tenet weapons combine? or are they a fixed element?

7 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

is it bad i always go for Radiation?

Radiation is good all-around damage type. I use it on all Tenet weapons because I finish Granum void with Octavia. Radiation also causes enemies to attack each other. 

You are not making mistake with radiation.. But Toxin/Fire are better for variability and "damage maxing".

I am not exactly sure what you are asking here? Also I am familiar with the video but too lazy to watch it right now, so my apologies if I include redundant information. 

Best all rounder element and meta aren't necessarily the same, but asking what the "meta" is, also can get complicated, because it can depend on different variables, like whether you mean end of game, level cap content? Whether you are priming enemies, synergising your builds (like building around Condition Overload), or just vaguely the "meta" for most "general content" like Sorties and base Steel Path?

Toxin is a pretty general decent recommendation, because it allows you to build either Viral or Corrosive. Generally any weapon with good Crit stats, will benefit from Hunter Munitions, and so benefit from Viral. If a weapon can fire fast and apply a lot of status, then something like heat can be great, and you just build for Viral with two 60/60's, but say some weapons like Tenet Cycron will already come with heat, so if it didn't... it might also be a good candidate for a heat progenitor, but since it does, you'd be better off with something else, because of how the modding works. On the flipside, I think Tenet Envoy comes with innate Cold so by going Toxin you can get Viral easy. 

Personally though, I think its more fun to consider what you want to use the weapon for. You don't need to go Toxin for most of them. You might want some specialised Corpus killer weapons, you might use against tougher Corpus enemies. You also have to consider Rivens you might have and the order of how elements are going to combine. Plus some weapons may have exclusive mods and mod space issues, which may limit your ability to change/mess with elemental mods. Ogris and Flux Rifle come to mind. The addition of Hemorrhage made certain Impact builds more viable. Same with Galvanised Status mods.

Again though, that returns to what sort of content are you going to be doing? A lot of Steel Path Corpus/Corpus Railjack? Do you use your guns with your melee a lot? Mostly doing Sortie? Oh and how much do you care about Ephemera? Do you need your Kuva Kraken to be meta? Will you use it a lot? Do you want to roll a chance at getting a different Ephemera? Actually thats less an issue now, if you plan on maxing out the bonus percentage because of the way they improved Valence Fusion, but still. 

So yeah, lots to consider really, especially around your own play style too. Some of these weapons are meta, but not all, and you can build them for the meta to be more effective on their own... but also there may be other guns that are use the same elements and are much more meta... and so its not the worst idea to consider making it unique and off meta, if it can still handle Sortie easy. 

Good luck with your choices! 

4 hours ago, Achlevius said:

What is the meta for choosing the bonus element for Kuva / Tenet weapons?

There Really isn't One....

Use Whichever Element best Suits your Play Style....

1 hour ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

is it bad i always go for Radiation?

I also Always Use Radiation... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

55 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

heat ogris is pretty broken especially for defense missions

build:

• Galv Chamber, Primed Shred, Nightwatch Napalm, Wildfire - - - Primary Merciless
  • (Amalgam) Serration, Primed Firestorm, Hellfire, Thermite Rounds - - - Vigilante Supplies

you dont need viral at all because it doesn't boost nightwatch napalm, only heat and base damage does

You forgot to Set your Energy Colour to Pure White 👀....

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

heat ogris is pretty broken especially for defense missions

build:

• Galv Chamber, Primed Shred, Nightwatch Napalm, Wildfire - - - Primary Merciless
  • (Amalgam) Serration, Primed Firestorm, Hellfire, Thermite Rounds - - - Vigilante Supplies

you dont need viral at all because it doesn't boost nightwatch napalm, only heat and base damage does

Toxin is a good default progenitor to go for, as it can free up 1 mod slot and combine into Viral, Corrosive or Gas.

Electric can be a good bonus on HM/IB weapons by providing a stun and leaving the head mostly unobstructed unlike the flailing from heat procs, and can do some work with grouping abilities while having the option to free up a slot on corrosive builds.

Magnetic/Radiation is largely best against Corpus or for Condition Overload builds, as we see on the Kuva Nukor.

Heat is best reserved for the Kuva Ogris for Nightwatch Napalm, additional armor strip on viral or corrosive builds, and pretty decent on the Kuva Brakk with the new Cascadia Flare Arcane.

Impact is incredibly niche, as its best for Internal Bleeding builds on AoE tenet and kuva weapons with forced impact and decent rate of fire, like the Tenet Spirex and Kuva Seer. P.S. Absolutely do not use impact on a Kuva Ogris, in practice it failed to perform to the level of the heat Ogris on steel path.

Personally, I'd always go with toxin first to test out a tenet and kuva weapon, then swap over to one of the other elements if it feels lacking.

The only exception I've had to this rule is the Tenet Spirex, as its just unholy with Internal Bleeding on +60% Impact. Though I'm probably going to grab a second one with heat and see how it goes with Primed Heated Charge and Gas builds.

37 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

I just watched The Kengineer's video on the best Progenitor Bonuses for the Kuva and Tenet weapons, and he recommended Toxin as the best (all-rounder) bonus element for all but three of the weapons (Heat for the Flux Rifle and Ogris, Magnetic for the Nukor).

I agree with / understand the recommendation for the Nukor, and I already have a Heat Ogris, but I'm not 100% if he is correct on the rest, so I wanted to ask what other's opinions / advice is.  What is the meta for choosing the bonus element for Kuva / Tenet weapons?

Eh. Hmm.

Toxin or heat seem the most popular, depending if you want a viral or corrosive build. Tenet pistols usually go in the direction of heat or magnetic, since they can shred shields like no one's business. I can see why he suggests heat for the ogris, since napalm sucks off that status effect.

Personally, I rather use magnetic when I can. That's a free status on top of whatever OP bull$hit that you can throw together.

YgFoLxe.jpg

aXS01Au.jpg

Archived