Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would be nice to have more freedom with mission types


Cody

Recommended Posts

This isn't just limited to fissures but also arbitrations and other similar game modes:

It would be nice to not have to sit around and wait in orbiter for a certain mission type to pop up, Could we just do away with the limiting missions to certain tilesets at certain times and just give us the freedom to just click any node, slap on a relic, and que it? Could put "fissure mode" or "arbitration mode" right under the steel path selector on the right side with the ability to combine modes i guess since steelpath fissures will be comming out. would be really nice for arbitrations since those are limited to one mission type, one tileset, per one hour.. lol

It would just be nice to have more freedom in this game, more freedom to choose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with too many choices is that it makes it harder to find people running any specific mission. Such a system would require a group finder system to accompany it, but if players needed to use that to find matches then there could be less freedom with only the popular combinations having active players.

Though Arbitrations specifically could do with two or three active nodes. But having one for all seven mission types would likely result in the same issue. Especially as Arbitrations have a limited number of reasons to be ran.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So everyone only runs capture all the time?

 

Choice isn't bad , but if you only ever want to run one mission , that's a different kind of problem 

if thats the case DE has the tools to directly look at data of what mission type everyones playing, they could adjust accordingly. Also anymore I choose fun factor over efficiency and i personally hate rinse and repeat missions i prefer to just vibe in an endless, even solo. im sure theres a variety of players who enjoy missions other than just capture and would que said missions instead

 

5 minutes ago, trst said:

The problem with too many choices is that it makes it harder to find people running any specific mission. Such a system would require a group finder system to accompany it, but if players needed to use that to find matches then there could be less freedom with only the popular combinations having active players.

Though Arbitrations specifically could do with two or three active nodes. But having one for all seven mission types would likely result in the same issue. Especially as Arbitrations have a limited number of reasons to be ran.

true but recruit chats still a viable option, and clans i guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fissures - would fracture the playerbase and make it super hard for people to find random groups (outside of missions that would inevitably jump in popularity such as capture/some sabotage missions being easy speedrun fissures)

 

Arbitrations : Are locked to the time cycle because if you die/drop out early you can't just restart again. Its part of the challenge basis. Also has the same gathering hub purpose as Fissures so splitting them out even just into all 5(?) endless types produces more matchmaking concerns.

 

Keep in mind that, yes, the game is free to play. And Arbis (sculptures) and Fissures (prime parts), are common things where some people sell them for plat, which means other people are buying the plat to buy them. IF those same rewards become more easily obtainable, or particularly more rapidly, it has bottom line economic implications (the same with the handful of sources for Riven mods)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Xachary_Cross said:

Fissures - would fracture the playerbase and make it super hard for people to find random groups (outside of missions that would inevitably jump in popularity such as capture/some sabotage missions being easy speedrun fissures)

 

Arbitrations : Are locked to the time cycle because if you die/drop out early you can't just restart again. Its part of the challenge basis. Also has the same gathering hub purpose as Fissures so splitting them out even just into all 5(?) endless types produces more matchmaking concerns.

 

Keep in mind that, yes, the game is free to play. And Arbis (sculptures) and Fissures (prime parts), are common things where some people sell them for plat, which means other people are buying the plat to buy them. IF those same rewards become more easily obtainable, or particularly more rapidly, it has bottom line economic implications (the same with the handful of sources for Riven mods)

1 - Recruit chat (which even has a nice filter in game now), clans, and/or discords

2 - The majority of mission types require you to protect an objective (this would mean ontop of surviving yourself) the ultimate punishment is failing the mission and losing current rewards, i can currently que an arbitration with 30 minutes remaining, complete it, and instantly hop into another. Whether or not the selected mission is preferred or enjoyable to me is another story, but its pretty much the exact same thing. also vitus essence drop from a certain enemy so doing something like capture yield little reward since you will likely encounter a smaller number of drones on the way to extraction, compared to things like defense, survival, or excavation. Even mobile defense would i feel could yield more vitus than captures since of course the goal of capture is to rush to extraction.

3 - Prices of everything in this game have already plummeted other than prime parts or rivens, its already not hard for players to amass items i feel like this would have little effect. theres already whales in this game hoarding rivens, prime parts, primed mods, arcanes, you name it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Cody said:

if thats the case DE has the tools to directly look at data of what mission type everyones playing, they could adjust accordingly. Also anymore I choose fun factor over efficiency and i personally hate rinse and repeat missions i prefer to just vibe in an endless, even solo. im sure theres a variety of players who enjoy missions other than just capture and would que said missions instead

 

true but recruit chats still a viable option, and clans i guess

"Viable" option? It'd be the only option for any player looking for groups to run something without going to the popular modes.

 

And if DE did that and looked at the data it would just result in Captures being nerfed. If more players cared about variety then there wouldn't be all the drama and discussions around the AOE and Wukong nerfs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, trst said:

"Viable" option? It'd be the only option for any player looking for groups to run something without going to the popular modes.

 

And if DE did that and looked at the data it would just result in Captures being nerfed. If more players cared about variety then there wouldn't be all the drama and discussions around the AOE and Wukong nerfs.

yeah it would probably be the only option, but is that such a bad thing? recruit chat at the moment looks pretty active in game for all kinds of stuff, i think its healthy to see people recruiting for groups

and honestly i think there are alot of people that care about variety, some may have left the game already but are lurking, waiting for this kind of change, and others might not speak up. Wukong and AOE is a whole different can of worms lol. I just think alot of people (based on what i see on the forums, friends i talk to, discords im in) are tired of the repetitiveness within the game, and atleast being able to do different tilesets and do different missions helps break it up a little idk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...