Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Stream Schedule: August 29 - September 2

[DE]Dudley

2 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Tenno,

Tune into twitch.tv/warframe tomorrow, Thursday, September 1st for Prime Time #163! With more hijinks, community highlights, and showcases than we know what to do with, you do not want to miss this. The action begins at 6 p.m. ET and you can earn this week’s drop by watching for 45 minutes. We are offering an Essence of Luck Grab Bag:

• 5x Steel Essence 
  • 10x Steel Essence
  • 50x Steel Essence 
  • 75x Steel Essence

Steel Essence Drop.png

** This Twitch Drop has a Claim Limit of 2 by watching Prime Time (for an hour and 30 minutes) should you wish to get the maximum limit.

The next handful of Prime Times will also feature Art from the TennoCon 2022 Community Art Show! 

Thank you D.E. Love the art, love the music, love the adventure Warframe has given our squad. I'll be tuned in, for sure. 👍

Sorry but that rng grab bag is just really bad (I want to use stronger terms).... we all know it's going to be heavily weighted to the lower end like every other rng grab bag.  I could literally spend 1.5 HOURS watching the stream for 10 steel essence (2x 5pack).....

Just make it a fixed number for all people who watch.

On 2022-01-25 at 1:52 PM, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

There will also be a greater focus on certainty around Drops as a whole

What happened to this?

5 Steel Essence and 75 Steel Essence are vastly different amounts. I know you said fewer grab bags, but atleast when you do one make it comparable value so nobody feels cheated when they get the lowest value item of the bunch.

It's already annoying enough for those not in this time zone or the fact Twitch Drops are all about rewarding in-game items for not playing the game just to inflate some viewership metrics.

4 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Your math is bad. You only watch for an hour + 1/2 if you actually care about warframe and watching our stream hosts Megan, Marcus, and Danielle.

If you watch for 45 minutes, you can get your shot at 75 Steel Essence. It's RNG like real warframe.

How is my math wrong? 

45 min per drop, 2x drop max = 90 minutes or 1.5hrs. Chances of getting the minimal reward from anything de touches is as close to guaranteed as is possible in this universe. Ergo; 1h30, 10 steel essence.

Why would anyone care about any of that? They never have new information anymore so the only reason left to watch is the drops.

5 hours ago, (PSN)KwstasKman said:

Why the lowballs? Just make it 30 to 40 se per 45 min.. It will be fair for everyone watching.. 

Yea those 5's feel pretty bad in the face of the 75's.

Yea it's still something but that feels like zonks in the face of the potential high ball.

Eh well.

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Your math is bad. You only watch for an hour + 1/2 if you actually care about warframe and watching our stream hosts Megan, Marcus, and Danielle.

If you watch for 45 minutes, you can get your shot at 75 Steel Essence. It's RNG like real warframe.

NOOO NOT RNG WHYYYY IM SO UNLUCKY •́ ‿ ,•̀

3 hours ago, (PSN)BdotRASS said:

How is my math wrong? 

45 min per drop, 2x drop max = 90 minutes or 1.5hrs. Chances of getting the minimal reward from anything de touches is as close to guaranteed as is possible in this universe. Ergo; 1h30, 10 steel essence.

Why would anyone care about any of that? They never have new information anymore so the only reason left to watch is the drops.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)vSmoothi said:

NOOO NOT RNG WHYYYY IM SO UNLUCKY •́ ‿ ,•̀

My bad. I misread the part where it clearly says there two drops. I fixed my post. Sorry about that.

So...not an ideal start to the new DE.

Let me state the obvious:

4 potential rewards.

Unknown drop rates.

Likelihood is that there's a huge weight to the low end.

This means 4*4 or 16 potential combinations.  The variation is 10-150 dropped.

If you spend an hour and a half you could get the equivalent of two missions of drop...or you could get 30.  Knowing how DE rolls, it's likely a 60-20-15-5 drop chance...which means that 36% of people will get 10 and 0.25% will get 150.

For those playing at home, if 10,000 people watch the stream that means 25 will get 150 and 3,600 will get 10.

When you put it like that...and that any two steel path daily missions can reward 10 essence, then it's about 80 minutes too long for most people to care.  Thing is, FOMO will keep them watching.

Now...my frustration is that you think that we're that stupid.  You'll throw out an arbitrarily high number, and people will just chalk it up to bad RNG, rather than a malicious attitude to your customers predicated on making bad math a standard...and this kind of crap is why loot boxes are getting regulated as gambling for children.

What would be acceptable?  How about a cascade, and even chances.  IE, the amount of combinations becomes 4*3, and the most you can get is 125.  This would have the bottom 16.67% getting 15...while the top 16.67% got 125.  How do we get here?  Well, the chances of getting the highest are (2/4)*(1/3) = 16.67...and because everything is even your bottom and top are great.  Of course, a delta of 110 sucks...but it's also spicy enough to be acceptable RNG.  Heck, only 1/6 of the group will even see that...so 2/3 people will count themselves lucky by virtue of getting more than the minimum even if they only get between 55 and 85.

Of course...this bodes poorly for where we are going.  Frame 50 is free...but only if you log in at a specific and unknown time.  The new power stuff is potentially a game changer...but it is RNG based.  You don't have the shards disappearing like the lenses...but you will have to spend other resources to put that RNG drop onto a different frame.  You can now get a couple of drops if you watch all of the advertisement...but the drop percentages are unknown and unlikely to be weighted such that many will actually see the high end of the drop table based upon almost a decade of rewards being silently weighted unless otherwise specifically cited.

I'm really getting the whole "DE learned nothing from their failures, and is about to make the same mistakes all over again" vibe.  It is rare to see a company capable of such a quick change from hope to depressing without some sort of racial slurs or otherwise...compromising.. actions.  

Will we get to see Pablo and Reb get involved with a jungle voodoo orgy with the cast of Deep Space Nine?

-For those that don't understand, search out the Dilbert animated show from the late 90's.  It's a joke, but poignant with regards to changing management.  If memory serves it was the episode where Dogbert made Dilbert and Wally own their company...by manipulating stock prices with good/bad news.-

5 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

We've had to make a change Tenno, you will receive 35x Steel Essence per claim by watching Prime Time tonight. This means a guaranteed 70x Steel Essence for watching Prime Time for an hour and 30 minutes.

Thank you for your consideration. I don't like gambling anyway. Cheers!

On 2022-08-31 at 11:32 PM, Digressive said:

Here's something new from me to help with making sure you catch the stream on time: https://warframestreams.lol

Thank you for this Countdown feature Digressive. It is very easy to use and leaves no room to misinterpret. Great product! 😻

52 minutes ago, [DE]Dudley said:

We've had to make a change Tenno, you will receive 35x Steel Essence per claim by watching Prime Time tonight. This means a guaranteed 70x Steel Essence for watching Prime Time for an hour and 30 minutes.

I can't believe my suggesstion worked for once O__o!! Thank you very much for considering it. Time to enjoy the streaming.

Archived