Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Stream Schedule: August 29 - September 2

[DE]Dudley

58 minutes ago, (PSN)Ferndal said:

Only scanned quickly through the dev stream 150 - unless I missed something, they say in this stream (around 40:00) the wont run scarlet spear a second time (that year) and the scarlet spear rewards would be part of Operation orphix venom

So...I'm done with this.  If you want me to run through all of the promises and content it's going to be a few weeks to comb through streams, the forums, twitter, and other social media.  I'm...not doing that.  DE doesn't deserve that kind of time...

Here's what matters.  They switched from 10-21 arcanes required.  The community flipped its lid.  The Scarlet Spear was introduced, with the promise that it would let us earn those additional arcanes...because more than doubling the amount was a royal pain in the rear.  The community immediately pointed out that running this event once was a bad joke, because it'd put a permanent wall between players who could earn the stuff in a week and those who would have to spend months grinding RNG drops to have a remote chance.

To all of the above DE responded that the Scarlet Spear would not be a one and done...  The ellipses there are to imply that the promise was made, but never well defined.  DE then decided to plop the arcanes into railjack as railjack needed something.  Decrease the drop chances of arcanes, make them every 4th round, and you've got a "reason" to grind out railjack between the night cycles of cetus.

Joking aside, Scarlet Spear sucked.  DE promised it'd come back to make sure people didn't go bonkers.  Rebecca promised it'd be back "before the new war" through alternative channels.  When brought up in dev streams Steve gave the same look as he did when prompted about universal vacuum...so that wasn't going to ever be a happy thing.  The tech used was...in need of significant refinement.  All of this points towards a few things:

1) When DE failed once they didn't want to fail again.

2) "Forgetting" the promise and plopping arcanes into railjack propped up another failing game mode...so yeah.

3) By plugging in a dozen new arcanes DE has effectively devalued the arcanes that they have buried in Eidolon fights.  Based upon the actions, it looks like they're hoping people forget about the original arcanes because you can now buy different arcanes for other things that do what they do.  Remember that for years you had Zenurik or arcane energize.  Now there are about 3 alternatives to pumping out energy...so why spend literal months grinding eidolon fights?

All of the above is simply icing on the cake.  If you dig deep enough you'll find modular archwing, pets 2.0, and other promises.  While I realize this is a thread about a stream...I think I've already gotten far enough off topic to be considered for a shadow wipe of the comments.  While DE does eventually come through with some of their promises, they have years of backlog...if ever they actually try to fulfill all of them.  Frankly, this would be the time to quantify the promises, cut out the ones that don't make sense, and start fresh...if DE were so inclined.

16 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Here's what matters.  They switched from 10-21 arcanes required. 

You mean '20 to 21'. Double stacking being a thing before means seeking 1 arcane stack to peak Now is equivalent to seeking 2 stacked arcanes Then.

And now they've elected to make Arcanes consistently frontload some of the stats that previously have all needed to scale by level, it's even less mandatory that you get max ranked arcanes before you're getting reasonable use out of them.

Archived