Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFKframe is an alternative playstyle that should be considered for balance, not removal

NezuHimeSama

4 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Yes, it was too strong : they gave the official reason for the Link nerf by saying that a support frame is not supposed to make more damage than a DPS frame.

which is absurd given they have designed so many DPS frames with support abilities and/or augments that provide more support than support frames.  There is almost no role for support frames in the current state of warframe.

as for the original topic, the designers have an excellent reason to make every attempt to prevent it:

The grind is by DESIGN grindy and tedious - in an attempt to get people to pay platinum to shorten it - whether by purchasing boosters or items directly.  if people can AFK, it takes away the tedium, which in turn decreases sales.

It has NOTHING to do with a "playstyle" being defined by one's ability to mod things to actually afk.  EVEN IF a player legitimately enjoyed watching a fully automated warframe run around and kill stuff while sitting at their desk doing nothing but watch this happen, that doesn't do anything for DE.  Their enjoyment is secondary, and actually counterproductive to DE's intent - which is to make money.   

By the same token, even the "almost-afk" builds where you can watch youtube while absentmindedly pressing a key or barely paying attention to Warframe to what you are doing in a completely non-engaged way must be prevented by DE for the same reasons - if it is too easy to farm and not actually tedious, then they lose sales.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg:

By the same token, even the "almost-afk" builds where you can watch youtube while absentmindedly pressing a key or barely paying attention to Warframe to what you are doing in a completely non-engaged way must be prevented by DE for the same reasons - if it is too easy to farm and not actually tedious, then they lose sales.

and again..........
where is that possible???
and why......?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

and again..........
where is that possible???
and why......?

giphy.gif

where: any (including SP) survival where you are farming resources.

with what: a good number of strategies that I will not list lest they get nerfed and I'm then forced to actually pay attention to warframe when "grinding" these things.

why: because it is more entertaining to watch youtube than warframe.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg:

with what: a good number of strategies that I will not list lest they get nerfed and I'm then forced to actually pay attention to warframe when "grinding" these things.

and you want to risk a ban for that?
Yes! I also liked to watch movies on the side. but I did that with the second monitor. and i played actively in a premade group...

because afk is pointless and brings me 5-10x less resources (I'm not exaggerating here). I can not play sp. so no se, no rcanes for a bit of platinum or significantly fewer rare resources.

and then also a very high chance of a ban until 2035.... so it can't be serious.................
because I'd rather play 20-30 minutes actively with guys from lfg than such nonsense!

vor 49 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg:

I honestly don't think Warframe is for you.

AFK playstyle is toxic. It should be banned if anything.

In the context of survival missions:

Anyone who doesn't "enjoy" the AFK playstyle, but is paired with an AFK playing teammate will result in ONE of them suffering because, if one person AFK, EVERYONE ELSE must AFK too, otherwise, the AFK playstyle does not work at all. Enemies will follow the non-AFKing player and bork up the AFK farm (hence why people tell others to stay in one room.)

And anybody who says they "enjoy" the AFKing playstyle is lying. AFK is not a playstyle. Never was, never will be, and Warframe is not an AFK arena game. They only reason they AFKing is to make farming easier by making it less enjoyable for themselves.

I'd rather they change the gamemodes where enemies camp out and force the players to go look for them for life support capsules. It honestly makes far sense, rather then enemies coming in like lambs to the slaughter, and NOT realize that that is not a good idea at some point.

Other changes could be to introduce a special kind of enemy: One which steals the player life support capsules. Then players might be more proactive and not leave tons of life support capsules lying on the ground. and pick up in bulk, and will have to move to hunt them down or pick up capsules before they do.

Or just introduce a demolyst in survival missions, who will blow up a player and cause a room lockdown if they blow up.

I guess it is the distinction between "assisted play" and "afk play". When I'm tired and I just want a forma from a low level relic mission, I'll use Yareli's Aquablade. It means I don't have to aim a gun, but deffinitely not afk.
Wukong has been abused so much... I wonder if players will start bring a zoo of specters in to missions again?

Be careful if you like to be social and interact with anyone while you play the game, wether its tabbing out to twitch streams for a moment to chat,  or you yourself stream and tab out to look at your chat or whatever. don't get up to go get a drink or food, or to stretch during an endless mission because i was in a survival with a friend who asked me to play nekros, we did a run longer than an hour (about 2 hours) and throughout that i guess i triggered the AFK timer a few times, i thought the AFK timer prevented you getting rewards and haulted your sentinel picking up loot (preventing farming) but none the less i woke up to this nice little warning because i play their game, more casually, chilled, laid back or whatever than ur new bro constantly meleeing every enemy (im at 18000 hours, over the years im developing severe pain in my hands from mashing keys in this game) but yeah... i recieved this warning while playing with friends by the way who were completely fine with me tabbing in and out of the game (one was streaming, the other person does the exact thing.. tabs out sometimes. the other person tabbing out however recieved no warning)

my suggestion would be they change the current AFK mechanic: Currently stops energy regeneration, your warframe from picking up loot, mission rewards sometimes. I'd rather the system just auto kick you if you go afk for the 2 minutes, it would suck yeah but id rather have that then get this inbox message telling me i could lose my account for essentially playing the game lazy mode with nekros and using pull with greedy pull augment to loot.
DEwarning.PNG

13小时前 , Prexades 说:

I honestly don't think Warframe is for you.

It is funny how so many people play warframe just to get the new stuff without ever using it, like, using it in a mission to kill things, like a space ninja? 

You would be surprised by how many people actually spend time studying and building weapons and frames and the combination of the arsenal (hint: not many).

People want the new stuff. People don't want to study and build their loadout. Hence AFK Monkey prime with k. zarr. You take it away, and people don't know what to do with their Tiberon Prime.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

I guess it is the distinction between "assisted play" and "afk play". When I'm tired and I just want a forma from a low level relic mission, I'll use Yareli's Aquablade. It means I don't have to aim a gun, but deffinitely not afk.
Wukong has been abused so much... I wonder if players will start bring a zoo of specters in to missions again?

Unsurprisingly , met a player starting the mission with on site crew having a healing perk and kuva zarr.

3 minute active time is nice and all , but barring a survival mission , the crew was with us till the end.

He wasn't AFK , and i didn't mind cause he was actively engaged in the chat with a dark energy color (no eye bleed).

Now considering the number of hoops you need to jump through to get the "right" crew , i think it's somewhat fair as to the power you have.

But this will probably be the next strategy unless they also consider ammo for crew to be limited.

2 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Easy fix for afking, if you feel so burnt out about playing the game that you have to automate it then put it down and go for a walk outside or play something else until you get the motivation back. 100% chance of not getting banned or any of the afk penalties

or just have it that if you hit the 2minute AFK timer you get kicked, ez

2 hours ago, Cody said:

yeah they're nerfing monkey soon, i don't like wukong. never understood all the hype over it

Probably because he transformed from one of the weakest and least used frame to literally the most used by far. I guess that's it. Then because of how good he is people keep recommending him to lower level players, they get used to him, buy his prime, and never look elsewhere. Because why use something else when Wukong can do it with much less effort? Most people are just inherently lazy, even in playing video games.

4 hours ago, RichardKam said:

People want the new stuff. People don't want to study and build their loadout. Hence AFK Monkey prime with k. zarr. You take it away, and people don't know what to do with their Tiberon Prime.

lmao Tiberon prime? Remove their Kuva Zarr and they wouldn't have any other weapons on their arsenal.

Archived