The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... That Nova Nerf...

TwiceDead

EDIT:
ERP! Damage 2.0 just released! Let's put this discussion on hold for now. 

EDIT:
Oop, turns out it made her more powerful by messing with the armor scaling. Hmm... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When is it coming?

Can't have people forget about it's necessity. 

EDIT:

Really Molecular Prime is the only ability with the necessity of a tweak. Too good at what it does, considering it can do everything all the other frames ultimate abilities do, all in one package.  

EDIT:
I love this community! 

EDIT:
After a couple of hours of forum love hovering around the pages 6-8+, I have finally met a conclusive answer to how I would like to see M-Prime function. 

Kudos to the following post:

What I would like to see, is MPrime changed to be single target. When that target is killed, everything within the blast radius that survives is also inflicted with the debuff. Then when those survivors are killed, the debuff spreads to anything within that blast radius that survives. Besides that, keep all the numbers the same.

Rewards thoughtful skilled play and synergy with other players and AM Drop rather than just a mindless "everything dies" button for almost all of the content in the game.

Edited by TwiceDead

When is it coming?

Can't have people forget about it's necessity. 

Go away.

Nova does not need nerfed. If you nerf her only good power, M.Prime, then you void all reason to use her at all.

What about Frost? Why do you not complain about him? Because he helps you? Well guess what, SO DOES NOVA! By saving your &#! and giving you EXP for it.

Nova does not need a nerf. Only reason I find her annoying is that people love to spam their 4 on Kappa and every other hotspot for farming exp. Then again, the same can be said about Rhino's 4, and no one's shouting to get him nerfed.

Nova is very much a glass cannon. None of her abilities instantly kill enemies, and none of them offer crowd control and survivability mechanics in a viable way. She's dangerous, but she's easy to kill, and is very dependent on other frames to back her up in terms of keeping her alive. I'm fine with her as she is. 

Along the same line, I really don't think nerfs should be a thing. Power creep is very real, but that doesn't mean that newer warframes should be matched to the older ones. Rather, rework older frames that need a rework to be as fun to play.

Just my two cents.

<insert facepalm.jpg here>

It's not necessary at all, because the real issue is ult spam as a concept and not any one frame. Nerfing Nova will do nothing about this. People will just migrate to Rhino, Saryn, or any of the other high damage ult spam frames. Except Nova will go from a useful frame to a worthless one.

But no, seriously I'm fine with a range nerf. That's probably all it needs. Oh, and line of sight.

I'm fairly sure it got stealth nerfed already. Certainly the range on its secondary explosions was sharply decreased, making it much more difficult to get huge chains.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

I'm fairly sure it got stealth nerfed already. Certainly the range on its secondary explosions was sharply decreased, making it much more difficult to get huge chains.

Fair enough. I've mostly been playing Mag Pime recently. Now PULL is a power that could use a nerf! At least everyone has a chance to start Nova's reaction!

I don't enjoy watching everything die from a single bullet.

But honestly, at higher levels molecular prime is used only for the double damage and slowdown.

It doesn't even need the explosion, it just makes the beginning of defense missions boring.

But I don't really care anymore, I'm looking forward to the worst skills getting a revamp.

Go away.

Nova does not need nerfed. If you nerf her only good power, M.Prime, then you void all reason to use her at all.

What about Frost? Why do you not complain about him? Because he helps you? Well guess what, SO DOES NOVA! By saving your &amp;#&#33; and giving you EXP for it.

She takes away the fun. I want challenges. Not easy exp handed to me whilst I watch. Don't play the game to watch other people kill things.

I think she need reduced speed as well. She should never have been able to move that quickly. 

She takes away the fun. I want challenges. Not easy exp handed to me whilst I watch. Don't play the game to watch other people kill things.

I think she need reduced speed as well. She should never have been able to move that quickly. 

If you want challenge just go to NM mode on solo. 

Don't want her in your missions? Be glad she was not so myriad in the inventory like she was.

Something called invite your friends, which is what I do if I wanted to have specific assistance.

I actually will agree on you with this one. A friend of mine explained that the shape of the explosion was changed or something. Regardless of detail, I could feel the change from the get go in its area of effect and the blast radius.

If that isnt good enough for people, I would say you can try and make it even smaller (even though I am still not clearing a whole room in Xini like I use to) but I feel the slow and damage buff are pretty necessary for survivability.

Personally, I prefer Antimatter Drop over M Prime as a starting tactic to most defense missions or doorways but that is all my opinion

What about Frost? Why do you not complain about him? Because he helps you? Well guess what, SO DOES NOVA! By saving your &amp;#&#33; and giving you EXP for it.

i complain about Frost too, Frost is completely useless and purposeless in Warframe(but he shouldn't be). but that's another story.

i think a better opinion, is if you don't want a challenge, don't play more 'difficult' content. because not wanting a challenge, and more 'difficulty' is highly contradictory.

If that isnt good enough for people, I would say you can try and make it even smaller (even though I am still not clearing a whole room in Xini like I use to) but I feel the slow and damage buff are pretty necessary for survivability.

Personally, I prefer Antimatter Drop over M Prime as a starting tactic to most defense missions or doorways but that is all my opinion

unless such a Stealth change happened in the past 12 hours, i've been able to nuke everything just fine on the off chance i use Nova. and i don't even use any Power Strength cards. *shrugs*

Antimatter Drop is great, yes! i wish it'd fly more reliably if you're not the host though.

Edited by taiiat

Go away.

scott worked hard on other powers, tried to make them unique and interesting and you call them useless? (no reason to use) Seriously i am sick of these metas everywhere.

The new hit-detection on objects for Worm Hole is so annoying. I've wasted countless 75 energy just to travel 2 meters in front of my face because there's an object as tall as Nova's thighs with and invisible force field.

I don't care too much about this topic anymore because I'll be using the new Berserker this coming Wednesday. (Hopefully)

scott worked hard on other powers, tried to make them unique and interesting and you call them useless? (no reason to use) Seriously i am sick of these metas everywhere.

The Design Council suggested them.

I love how my specifications for a teleportation power got added to her.

But each and every one of her abilities is useful.

Null Star continues to attack and stumble enemies even if you are knocked down.

Anti-mater drop is brutally hard to use without an already OP weapon, to get optimal damage before the rest of your team just kills them all anyways.

But I still has the potential to do massive damage.

M Prime is a sore spot, because when people saw that, they thought "Chain Reaction"

And while it's a good ability, you just don't really see the "Chain Reaction" just a bunch of energy colored dust.

If anything M Prime needs a slight rework, rather then a numerical nerf.

Then Solo.  All the challenge you want without the pesky other players thing.  And even better XP will be slower to get.

Hmm Nova's MPrime is op?  800 base damage that is affected by armor only really effective in large groups or Rhino's stomp with 800 base damage and not affect by armor or how many enemies are in room.  I can do with my corrupted Rhino what normal Nova  can do in half time.

nerf nova?

I think she sucks... I never use her, she is too vulnable

there are 10x better abilities:

Rhino stomp

Chaos

Shield Polarize

Snow Globe

Vortex/Bastille

Blessing + energy vampire + power duration = FOREVER INVINCIBLE, you can solo whatever you want in the game and eat cookies

Don't want her in your missions? Be glad she was not so myriad in the inventory like she was.

Something called invite your friends, which is what I do if I wanted to have specific assistance.

So because of a frames ability that means I should go a different mode or solo? Terrible logic. 

There's something called balance and not being forced out of a game or a mode because of something unbalanced. It needs to be brought in line.

So because of a frames ability that means I should go a different mode or solo? Terrible logic. 

There's something called balance and not being forced out of a game or a mode because of something unbalanced. It needs to be brought in line.

She is meant for end game criteria. She does not need a nerf.

She needs a  Mastery Rank Requirement.

If Soma, Supra, & even Rhino have one, why not Nova?

This is where I stop, I don't need a flame war in the community.

Edited by 123Olympian