So theres this game mode in warframe called the conclave

(PSN)icecell6

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

how would that be funny? Maybe I don't get it.

Perhaps I'm being overly cynical, but that doesn't change the fact that Conclave exists in a perpetual state of limbo. Rarely does it ever receive attention, and the vast majority of players wouldn't bat an eye if it straight-up disappeared. So as Darwin himself declared, it must evolve or die. There are, of course, many ways Conclave could change. I thoroughly believe that a Grineer vs. Corpus Deathmatch/CTF style would suit it well, but that doesn't guarantee success. So, that's why my cynicism remains, and anything becomes ironically funny when you're cynical.

Edited by (PSN)IndianChiefJeff
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Perhaps I'm being overly cynical, but that doesn't change the fact that Conclave exists in a perpetual state of limbo. Rarely does it ever receive attention, and the vast majority of players wouldn't bat an eye if it straight-up disappeared. So as Darwin himself declared, it must evolve or die. There are, of course, many ways Conclave could change. I thoroughly believe that a Grineer vs. Corpus Deathmatch/CTF style would suit it well, but that doesn't guarantee success. So, that's why my cynicism remains.

Nothing will make a player that doesn't like to lose play a game style that causes them to lose due to a high learning curve.

What you've described doesn't seem very funny to me, either way.

Edit: and it's certainly pretty toxic posting it in the Conclave section.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tel__arin said:

the only way to conclave to work is if we don't have bullet jump. That said i have and idea. Why not have melee and ranged weapons for operators and the conclave be operator only like a gladiator match. 

If we're gonna do that, it'd be better to adjust what we've already got with Warframes. There's the "spoiler" part of "spoiler mode", gating behind the War Within, mucking with focus and void dashing and abilities for balance, fitting weapons to the smaller skeletons (unless you gate it after the New War - that's setting PvP pretty late in the game), the death sequence that'd have to be changed... Lots of work and headaches trying to make Operators PvP-capable.

And I'd still say the best fix is variant modes, of which this "no bullet jump" idea could be one. Oh look a shameless plug explaining why I think that. Wonder where that came from.

EDIT: I mean, the absolute best fix would be a server browser where we could host games with custom rules to make our own variant modes, with extra brownie points if we're given dojo creation tools to make our own maps. Put the power in the players's hands and watch the magic.

Edited by Tyreaus
  • Like 1