Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Survivability Needs to be Better


Bl00dRedRage

Recommended Posts

I started using Helios again after coming back to the newest content for scans after a long time of using cats and moas. I realize once again why I stopped using sentinels, their survivability is absolute garbage. On high level missions (steel path, sisters/liches) sentinels get shredded and can go through all their lives in less than a minute. It would be nice if sentinels at least got the link mods though even that likely won't be enough to keep them alive. With dogs, cats and moas you can at least have infinite revives but with sentinels you get three auto revives (primed regen) and they are gone. Yes I know about hard reset and I use it but the issue is getting three mercy kills in succession is spotty.

Perhaps make it so that sentinels have a cooldown timer after death where they will comeback? Or let us revive them? Or make hard reset only require a single kill? This needs to be addressed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah. It feels like people just got tired of not being heard on this issue and gave up on it. Because it's been a problem for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long
All companions should work like the vulplphylas imo. When they die they just become inactive for a short cooldown then come back. But all of their passive qol mods like vacuum and animal instinct remain active. All companions. Even with that, sentinels would still need a huge survivability buff. There's enough to manage in this game already without giving the entire game an escort mechanic just to maintain utilities that should be default mechanics to begin with.

Animal companions weren't too much of an issue when mele was meta cus you would constantly be healing them with lifesteal link mods. but now guns out preform mele most of the time so players aren't using it as much. They're still in a much better place than sentinels tho.

None of the things DE have added to revive sentinels are worth using. They're way too much effort and cost to revive a thing that's just going to instantly die again anyways. It's absolutely pitiful that they haven't even done something as simple as buffing their health and armor stats and/or mods. I would say shield too but currently with shield gate having less shields is more advantageous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to agree with sentinels being given more survivability... like: (one or all of the following)

* a massive buff to defense against AoE attacks. (our Warframes can be buffed to withstand the grineer rockets and corpus lasers and stomps... but the sentinels are like wet tissue paper.)
* becoming untargetable/invincible (and inactive) while you are in spoiler mode and interacting with consoles/capture targets
* Regen and Primed Regen should provide their instant revives, but also shorten a universal auto-revive timer on all pets (so the mods are still useful in longer missions)
* access to animal link mods.
* give us the ability to revive downed sentinels like other pets.
* give us a new consumable like other "Pads" that create sentinel repair stations for the party that will bring them back with full revives remaining from (primed) Regen.

I would also be willing to accept a new "sentinel" that was unable to equip weaponry or have any "active" abilities, but would simply be a platform to insert vacuum, radar, and Helios/Oxylus type scanning type mods. You know, the passive quality of life stuff that I want my Sentinel for... really don't need them to be a weak little partner that dies 1 minute into the mission.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

 

I would also be willing to accept a new "sentinel" that was unable to equip weaponry or have any "active" abilities, but would simply be a platform to insert vacuum, radar, and Helios/Oxylus type scanning type mods. You know, the passive quality of life stuff that I want my Sentinel for... really don't need them to be a weak little partner that dies 1 minute into the mission.

It already exists. It's called wulfapilla. Great chance to ignore death and 45 seconds to resurrect if enemies don't ignore it. For everything else, there is djinn with radiation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, selig_fay said:

It already exists. It's called wulfapilla. Great chance to ignore death and 45 seconds to resurrect if enemies don't ignore it. For everything else, there is djinn with radiation.

unfortunately vulps can't codex scan, highlight fish and hotspots, break containers on their own, or the litany of other useful sentinel precepts, so a vulp ain't going to cut it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, selig_fay said:

It already exists. It's called wulfapilla. Great chance to ignore death and 45 seconds to resurrect if enemies don't ignore it. For everything else, there is djinn with radiation.

Does not already exist.

Thing that can die, uses animal companion mods, and runs all over the place far from you

is not the same as

Thing that cannot die, uses robot companion mods, and sticks by your side.

I already use the Djinn for 99% of the content I run (Nautilus for Railjack, but it's gone forever the first few minutes into any veil mission aboard a corpus ship), but when it dies, you don't have the radar, vacuum, etc.

I hate animal pets because they run around far from you, and they can't use the quality of life sentinel mods that I want my pet to be using.

So... close, but no cigar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or it's like Crescent Charge for the Crescent Vulp where it'll charge at an enemy and lift it .... and then its AI will bug out and the vulp will stand completely still, staring at the lifted unit because its AI is both telling it to attack the nearest target and that it can't reach it. 

Melee companions are trash and only used for their utility mods - which is another reason why Panzer's are preferable, because it has a wide AoE Viral Quills and adds free viral procs to everything in a 20m radius from it. When you add that on top of 'doesn't die' so you never lose access to vacuum... Yeah. Even though it's melee, that's way too valuable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a sentinel enjoyer and somebody who´s most used is still carrier + sweeper , after that it´s helios ofc for scans and I replaced sweeper with helstrum since forever but my newbie days...

ANYWAY...

Yes they are absolutely terrible in any higher lvl baby chart content and SP.

I basically completely switched them off since I realised how good a panzer is (the AI is still bad but that´s not the important part) and what an actual pet looks like. I only use oxylus sometimes when I go fishing or helios to scan bits I´m still missing but other than that 99% it´s panzer because that´s what an actual pet should be like.

And no...

Reawaken.png

this is not a good mod, it´s garbage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-09-05 at 3:09 PM, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

Does not already exist.

Thing that can die, uses animal companion mods, and runs all over the place far from you

is not the same as

Thing that cannot die, uses robot companion mods, and sticks by your side.

I already use the Djinn for 99% of the content I run (Nautilus for Railjack, but it's gone forever the first few minutes into any veil mission aboard a corpus ship), but when it dies, you don't have the radar, vacuum, etc.

I hate animal pets because they run around far from you, and they can't use the quality of life sentinel mods that I want my pet to be using.

So... close, but no cigar.

Simply, I understand, I understand that you want Sentinel, which does not die, but only a radar and vacuum uses? Simply, as I understand it, this invulnerable sentinel is only for passive mods, and of all 2. Everything else requires active functions. I see nothing good about it. Djinn with radiation will still be more useful.

 But yes, dogs and hounds are a complete nightmare despite the fact that they are the best pets for damage. A hound dies with a 90% resistance. These are apparently why in all games the characteristics of pets x5 or x10 player characteristics. Simply, Inaros has no problems with dogs.

Cats, I don't know. They are much tenacious because they jump everywhere instead of ordinary running. I think that if they were invulnerable to CC, they would be the most tenacious now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Simply, I understand, I understand that you want Sentinel, which does not die, but only a radar and vacuum uses? Simply, as I understand it, this invulnerable sentinel is only for passive mods, and of all 2. Everything else requires active functions. I see nothing good about it. Djinn with radiation will still be more useful.

 But yes, dogs and hounds are a complete nightmare despite the fact that they are the best pets for damage. A hound dies with a 90% resistance. These are apparently why in all games the characteristics of pets x5 or x10 player characteristics. Simply, Inaros has no problems with dogs.

Cats, I don't know. They are much tenacious because they jump everywhere instead of ordinary running. I think that if they were invulnerable to CC, they would be the most tenacious now. 

Djin which I run all the time ends up in constant death loop. Being able to revive every 60 seconds doesn't help when when enemies can kill it in 10.

Ground based companions have their own issues, they don't respond to AOE, they don't respond to eximus, they just stand in unsafe places and die again and again and again. You can revive them, their AI derps and they remain standing in the sapping bomb/napalm/fire/tar/etc until their invulnerability wears off and they die again. When the floor is lava they don't have the sense to get on a chair as it were.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Djin which I run all the time ends up in constant death loop. Being able to revive every 60 seconds doesn't help when when enemies can kill it in 10.

Djinn dies, he can get one shot, but I don't think that's a problem with him because he lives long enough. It's just that I only take it because it respawns indefinitely, as sometimes I can't keep it safe. And he's very helpful. He shoots radiation + ice, he makes health orbs, he helps my shields. I'm just saying that if we had an invulnerable companion that only had a radar and a vacuum, I would still go with djinn because I don't need a vacuum all the time and can do without a radar. But the automatic cc of enemies is nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Djinn dies, he can get one shot, but I don't think that's a problem with him because he lives long enough. It's just that I only take it because it respawns indefinitely, as sometimes I can't keep it safe. And he's very helpful. He shoots radiation + ice, he makes health orbs, he helps my shields. I'm just saying that if we had an invulnerable companion that only had a radar and a vacuum, I would still go with djinn because I don't need a vacuum all the time and can do without a radar. But the automatic cc of enemies is nice.

That's the thing though if he dies almost instantly every time he revives he can't do any of those things, no shooting, no health orbs, no shield regen, no radar, no vacuum. It doesn't matter if you use a sentinel for utility or active performance if the the sentinel spends the majority of the time dead it's not providing value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...