Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Excalibur get a 360 radial javelin attack like the trailer?

TheArmchairThinker

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, they probably won't change it in any mechanical way even if they do add the particle effect

i'm not even sure what i'd change about it tbh
the Augment is great, but for the main functionality - it's certainly lacking, but i don't have any ideas 😬

2 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Looking at the trailer again, you can see Excalibur slamming the blade and unleash a radial wave. Will we get this on update? As a synergy between Radial Javelin and Exalted Blade

The trailer you were seeing was probably showing the old Radial Javelin .

Radial Javelin used to be Excaliburs ult back in the day before he got reworked , Super Jump was removed and replaced with Javelin that no longer shoot out your equipped melee weapon as energy projectiles .

The change was made because RJ wasn't consistent as obstacles and map geometry would get in the way blocking projectiles from RJ and potentially wasting player spent energy on ability . 

This was also a bit of nerf on top as RJ projectiles were now capped to 12 , the old RJ number javelins was based on Ability Strength .

10 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

With upcoming change there's no more limits, but if it's still based on LoS or whatever the limitations, then allow us to have that radial wave that hits everyone even behind you when you're using Exalted Blade like in new trailer. Pull out Exalted Blade then Radial Javelin as radial Wave hitting everyone for some synergy

Radial javelin used to shoot out blades like in the trailers. It was at one point buffed to not follow line of sight, so rather than have the blades punch through terrain they made them spawn next to their targets. Then it was nerfed to follow LoS (so same functionality of old but without the cool aesthetic). Later it was buffed a little so it only loosely follows LoS.

A fun bit of tech back in the day was how it interreacted with enemies that were lined up. If an enemy was in front of another it would send two javelins their way, hitting both targets twice. This is ancient times stuff that would be irrelevant in today's Warframe, but it was cool. 

I want to see it come back, but with a twist. Excalibur doesn't need a nuke in his kit, he already has two damaging abilities. What Excalibur could use in his melee kit is an ability to make enemies easier to melee... a suck ability.

When Excalibur stabs the ground the javelins shoot out from Excalibur's location, when Excalibur pulls the sword up it pulls the javelins back (with the enemies they hit) to Excalibur's location. It would be a unique "suction" ability that would bring back the old aesthetic of RJ while properly synergizing with the rest of Excalibur's kit. 

On 2022-09-05 at 11:47 AM, RobWasHere said:

Well, sorta, there will be no enemies cap. For now it shoots only 12 javelins.

I did not really play much during the Draco javelin days. But if the cap is removed does that not mean it is being reverted to its old farming version? Or was the line of sight thing also a part of it during that period?

4 hours ago, Frendh said:

I did not really play much during the Draco javelin days. But if the cap is removed does that not mean it is being reverted to its old farming version? Or was the line of sight thing also a part of it during that period?

It used to not have line of sight (or rather alertness check) nor enemy cap, but I doubt the 'Draco' will return just because this change. There is no suitable interception tile for this anymore, the line of sight is staying, Greedy Pull pulls energy just for Mag and Javelin itself is not that great of a nuke anyway. Stealth kill Adaro leveling even with Eximus units is imo still the fastest leveling method.

Archived