Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fix companion's survivability?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

vor 6 Minuten schrieb V2lkyr:

I still don't get why sentinels have so many limitations.Make Reawaken a universal mod.

I think because they play actively and do useful damage. i don't want to play in a mission without verglas with riven.

and cats are mostly afk. moas........ well... the whole mission is stuck somewhere in the hallway.

everything lousy programming in my opinion!

6 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Maybe some passive scaling effect for health/shield/armor linked to enemy level.  It could in theory prevent Sentinels and pets to become too powerful early on and too squishy much later.

That's definitely one way to give the non-link EHP mods a happy niche. So that's a pleasant bonus. ^^

36 minutes ago, V2lkyr said:

I still don't get why sentinels have so many limitations.Make Reawaken a universal mod.

Also this "reversing Reawaken and Regen" idea. And link mods for Sentinels.

Something I think could help regular pets is a passive dodge chance. Since Sentinels follow the player, they kind of have this by virtue of player movement. Regular pets will often stand there and face-tank. Improved AI would be nice but, in lieu of that, a chance to just avoid damage would cover the gap too.

Could also give similar to Sentinels if we wanted, at a lower value for aforementioned reasons.

I said in a previous thread if they are really concerned with them being too strong.  Give them an item that fits in the weapon slot.

They can no long attack but then are unable to be attacked (permanently invulnerable). 

People who run sentinels or MOAs get a companion that can't die which would help with the utility they can sometimes provide. 

How "high end" of content are we talking about?  Unless you are talking about SP endurance runs, with Link Health, Link Armor and a few other survivability mods, you can easily get your pet to take quite a few hits before going down.  And if you are talking about SP endurance runs, then just bring a Vulpaphyla.

My Sentinels usually dont have survivability issues as they often remain within my Zephyr`s Turbulence benefiting from its protection but i really wish i didnt have to worry about their suvivability to begin with.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Thinking we need to give them their own version of adaptation or arcanes

Bandaids...

It would be easier to just make Companions immortal then going through all the hard work scripting and balancing out new survivability mods for them, also these would be more mods to occupy an already cluttered modding screen forcing players to refrain from using pet ability mods or other build for their attacks.

Until DE separates Pet`s attacks into its own modding system, i hope they dont add/change anything.

I'd be happy if not only warframes but also sentinels became invulnerable while in Operator mode, as they still take damage and are often killed. Spending a lot of time in Operator (Zariman for example) will almost certainly mean sacrificing your sentinel at higher level.

I'm aware of and use [Repair Dispensary] when I can(mostly for steel path), though this means subsuming Dispensary and not always possible on some frames.

Point being, I can manage sentiels health, and mitigate the amount of damage it takes, but have no control over this once in Operator. So this small change would be very welcome.

Give them a "downed/injured state" where they return to your side (or power down if sentinel) and go passive while they recover via a cooldown. No permadeath, no reviving. Passive mods like vacuum and radar still work, they just don't attack or use abilities~ I mean they already kinda did this with the infested pets, just give them all something similar.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

thinking they need a ground up rework based on whether or not they are allowed to deal DPS, and if not, and companions are just utility, they should be invincible so they we don't have to worry about reviving them.

it's all well and good people coming up with Ideas, but I've been saying it for months: ALL companions need a TOTAL rework from the ground up, nothing less. if necessary, combat oriented companions such as Dethcube and Adarza Kavats can be segregated from utility based companions and made to have a health/armor/shield pool based on the frame being used. they also need a substantial damage buff to be viable past level 100, outside of special mechanics like Armor reduction. 

9 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Been just thinking off handedly on what could be done to help companion survivability. 

I like the range of all the abilities and variety in them but they just can't hold out in high content  cause they can't take a hit. 

Sadly I don't think DE is going to fix this because multiple infested pets (Vulpakitties and Djinn) have survivability while the other pets don't.

9 hours ago, Ifeanyi said:

Just make all companions invincible like other mmos

Yes. Nowadays, when my companions get down, I just leave them to die, not worth the hassle to revive them every 5 seconds.

They don't deal enough damage and provide enough game-changing buffs to justify the constant upkeep.

Companions really do need a look at on a whole me thinks.

But in this case I don't think it's as simple as making immortal or such, that would just feel like a big cop out for making a better system which everyone wins. 

I do think the Vul... fox thing from Deimos is the right idea however, when downed it transforms into something else and is still a presence without the losing important things like vacuum and such.  (I know stuff like that shouldn't really be on pets anyway, but it is what it is) 

Perhaps it could work like: Once your pet hits 0HP it "despawns" and you get a sort of drone or pseudo Sentinel to fill the gap while your pet recharges? And you could reduce the time your pet recovers by kills and excess health orbs? Least this way you won't ever lose your pet and it'd feel more... friendly? Nothing worse than losing a pet! 

Then there is a problem with how you even keep your pet alive? I'm of the viewpoint that Link mods were a sort of mistake, only enforces that tanky, healthy frames can use pets while most casters suffer, at most Link mods should be fully included in pets? 

Not even sure how to approach keeping them alive in the first place, that awful stagger should go or at least be heavily reduced with a quicker pick up time.

I feel the vulpaphyla and the djinn has the right idea (also the kavat mod for avoiding lethal damage) 

They are utility companions , it is partly your responsibility to make sure they survive some way , but if you cannot (for whatever reason) they should be "hiding" or "repairing" while you lose that utility temporarily.

Archived