PSA: PC Minimum Supported Specs Changes Coming in 2023

[DE]Danielle

45 minutes ago, Thorham said:

That's just how you talk about the achievements of your country.

That's how someone wants bragging-rights for something they didn't participate in. By saying "their country" did it. 

So it happened they were born in a country where people unrelated to them did something great. Good job i guess... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, T-13_ReconUnit said:

Are you all so naive there? Of course, we invented the postal service, but before that we launched the first man into space.

So you were launching people into space back in the old Wild West days of stage coaches, how much horsepower did that need to get them high enough to claim space travel. cCkds.gif

Anyway I hope players can get their computers sorted out next year to be able to play this AWESOME Game. BgOA6.gif

• Like 1

5 часов назад, UmbraAtrox сказал:

Who exactly did you send into space? I believe you sent nobody into space, that's the accomplishment of other people in your country, not yours. 

Then why are you being clumsily ironic by asking me about the invention of postal service in my country? Did you personally invent postal service? Just for you to know my granddad worked on space program that days.

В 09.09.2022 в 11:59, UmbraAtrox сказал:

Somehow you trying to explain you live in a country with electricity and internet but nobody has invented postal service yet?

5 часов назад, UmbraAtrox сказал:

Benchmarks exist

I don't believe in Benchmark, the results of which will be shown to me by a seller from another country. I believe in what you can buy, check on the spot, and if everything is fine, pay for the purchase. To wind up a rating on trading platforms on the Internet is not a big problem. WFmarket is a vivid example of this. So thank you, but I will not take the advice of a person who lives in another reality.

• Like 1

On 2022-09-07 at 4:38 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

PSA: PC Minimum Supported Specs Changes Coming in 2023

In 2023 (specific date TBD), we will be changing our minimum specs to require the following CPU features: SSSE3, SSE4.1 and SSE4.2*. 

*Your CPU must support SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2. 

These are CPU-instructions that were first added to processors like the Intel i7 860 (Nehalem microarchitecture released in 2008) or the AMD FX-4170 (Bulldozer microarchitecture released 2011). As you can see, even computers that are a decade old support these features so you probably have nothing to worry about! 

If you’re still rocking a vintage machine that doesn’t support these instructions, you’ll soon start to see a warning in the Warframe launcher so you know it’s time for an upgrade. 

These changes will finally let the PC version of the game get optimizations we’ve had on the Xbox and PlayStation versions for years and will make it easier to do more optimizations, since  all developers will be using them all day every day (as opposed to only when testing on some consoles). 

In true minspec PSA style, we want to give our PC Tenno a very early heads up. While 2023 is still a ways away, we don’t want any surprises when it comes time to implement these changes. In addition to the Launcher warning, we will post another PSA as a follow up to this one once we have a date to share of the updated minspec. 

Thank you, Tenno! 

DE..... you are ruining the game stop these. first directx now CPU's.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

So you were launching people into space back in the old Wild West days of stage coaches, how much horsepower did that need to get them high enough to claim space travel. cCkds.gif

Of course not, we did not have the wild West, because we did not destroy the indigenous population, and did not drive them into reservations. As for the amount of horsepower, you will find all the information you are interested in on the Internet. For reference: the first stage of the Vostok launch vehicle had a capacity of about 20 million horsepower.

19 hours ago, ArkomaNyx said:

Is CPU SSE 4.2 support really necessary? My processor supports SSE 4.1. And I have to change the entire configuration now, because my processor does not have SSE 4.2? Seriously?

In order to play Warframe further, you need a processor that supports all the instructions listed in the list, including SSE 4.2, my processor supports them all except SSE 4.2, so I share your indignation.BTW if necessary, write me a message, I will tell you the games for which SSE 4.2 is not required.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, uberfu said:

No it won't.  If DEs userbase is a subset reflection of any indicator of general web trends usage data, computers that old comprise less that .01 percent of internet traffic. That's Point Zero One. As in 1/100th of one percent. It's fractions of a fraction.  So unless your grandma is still sporting a Pentium that predates the first gen Core processors (if you'd bothered to read the Dev post at the start of this thread); then nearly everyone playing WF has literally nothing to concern themselves with.

Here's some general Steam CPU Usage for Aug 2022:
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/processormfg/

(my data comes from general Google Analytics - but I'm not going to go dig around for that)

And likely DEs data shows a super tiny fraction of users (for some reason still) logging in on antiquated machines).

@Sannidor  Maybe go educate yourself about computer tech before you complain inaccurately about how this is going to affect thousands of (fictitious) players. Where is your data to back up your statement?

Why do you think that DE (or Microsoft) should support a 13 year old - outdated - security flawed operating system taht could be an enrty way into causing system and server issues - security compromises for everybody's accounts - not to mention ytours?

And honestly Yes - Windows 7 support should be scrapped. Microsoft is discontinuing security patches for Win 7 and Win 8.1 as of January 2023. That's 4 months from now. So it might actually be a good idea for DE to axe support as well. But DE seems nice enough to continue to support a crap OS.

It's not like DE is cutting off DirectX11 users or Windows 8 users or users running all Core i5s and i7s and resticting gameplay to only 64-bit Core i9s.  Hell - they're basically scrapping any semblence of 8-bit processing (which has not been in use by the mainstream for 20+ years).

where says 0.01%? your steam link says nothing, many players play warframe in a potato pc at 30fps. And even you cant consider steam stats 100% sure since steam its a paid games platform and warframe its free

in the other hand, how many popular games like dota league csgo can be played on intel Q6600? as example why you think most of the game doesnt do the same?

I have fx 6300 8gb ram 960 gtx and windows 8.1, not everyone live in a first world and have the chance to buy a new computer

• Like 2

4 минуты назад, Danielw8 сказал:

where says 0.01%? your steam link says nothing, many players play warframe in a potato pc at 30fps. And even you cant consider steam stats 100% sure since steam its a paid games platform and warframe its free

in the other hand, how many popular games like dota league csgo can be played on intel Q6600? as example why you think most of the game doesnt do the same?

I have fx 6300 8gb ram 960 gtx and windows 8.1, not everyone live in a first world and have the chance to buy a new computer

What kind of "first world" are we talking about, bro? Is it about where people choose between paying for electricity or buying food? Something not very similar to the first world, or was it a subtle irony?

Edited by T-13_ReconUnit
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, T-13_ReconUnit said:

What kind of "first world" are we talking about, bro? Is it about where people choose between paying for electricity or buying food? Something not very similar to the first world, or was it a subtle irony?

most of southamerica players have potato computers just as example, i can understand you can have no idea whats happening outside of europe, but thats the real stuff here...

Want something better? a better idea? a bandwitch test on launcher if you not have X upload and X download speed you cant play warframe online (or only invite if you want). But literally blocking a guy who have a intel Q6600? or phenom 6 cores? yea i dont know

Thats a good rule about free to play games, people who doesnt have money for gaming go all in to free to play or cracked games. You wil not find bad computers in lastest battelfield, because battelfield alone its like 60 dollars without premiums and dlc

Again at very first look a little outside europe, then look warframe community average age, average situation of each subcommunity and you will have the answer who actually play the game

Edited by Danielw8

13 минут назад, Danielw8 сказал:

most of southamerica players have potato computers just as example, i can understand you can have no idea whats happening outside of europe, but thats the real stuff here...

Want something better? a better idea? a bandwitch test on launcher if you not have X upload and X download speed you cant play warframe online (or only invite if you want). But literally blocking a guy who have a intel Q6600? or phenom 6 cores? yea i dont know

Thats a good rule about free to play games, people who doesnt have money for gaming go all in to free to play or cracked games. You wil not find bad computers in lastest battelfield, because battelfield alone its like 60 dollars without premiums and dlc

Again at very first look a little outside europe, then look warframe community average age, average situation of each subcommunity and you will have the answer who actually play the game

You're wrong, I just have a very clear idea of how people live outside of Europe, and therefore I do not agree with the idea of developers to stop supporting old processors, at a rather difficult moment for many. And I have already suggested a possible solution to the situation in one of the previous messages. I think that supporting two gaming clients will be a normal solution, and will not infringe on the rights of those who have spent a lot of time playing, regardless of which computer they use. Those who want more graphical bells and whistles can download a game client with support for new instructions for the CPU, and rejoice. And those who play at 30 fps will continue playing on the current client. In this way, developers will be able to keep the audience and not cause anyone negative emotions.

8 minutes ago, T-13_ReconUnit said:

You're wrong, I just have a very clear idea of how people live outside of Europe, and therefore I do not agree with the idea of developers to stop supporting old processors, at a rather difficult moment for many. And I have already suggested a possible solution to the situation in one of the previous messages. I think that supporting two gaming clients will be a normal solution, and will not infringe on the rights of those who have spent a lot of time playing, regardless of which computer they use. Those who want more graphical bells and whistles can download a game client with support for new instructions for the CPU, and rejoice. And those who play at 30 fps will continue playing on the current client. In this way, developers will be able to keep the audience and not cause anyone negative emotions.

Thats a better answer. This is you a few hours ago

aa0a814f42.png

This is my last answer this is just not consistent, you want windows 7 and windows 8.1 being deleted because too old (old tech old computers here) and now you want devs doing a hybrid support on old tech and new tech because they are going too loose a decent fraction of players even if its 5-10% means something

Talking about a phenom 6 cores security on a home computer used by a 15 years old kid who love yareli and hentai? security? wait what?

Edited by Danielw8

54 minutes ago, T-13_ReconUnit said:

Of course not, we did not have the wild West, because we did not destroy the indigenous population, and did not drive them into reservations. As for the amount of horsepower, you will find all the information you are interested in on the Internet. For reference: the first stage of the Vostok launch vehicle had a capacity of about 20 million horsepower.

Ah yes, the Cosmonaut Russia.

Edit:site broke my post

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 2

1 час назад, Danielw8 сказал:

Это лучший ответ. Это ты несколько часов назад

aa0a814f42.png

Это мой последний ответ, это просто непоследовательно, вы хотите, чтобы Windows 7 и Windows 8.1 были удалены, потому что они слишком старые (старые технологии, старые компьютеры здесь), и теперь вы хотите, чтобы разработчики делали гибридную поддержку старых и новых технологий, потому что они слишком потерять приличную долю игроков, даже если эти 5-10% что-то значат

Говорите о безопасности ядра Phenom 6 на домашнем компьютере, которым пользуется 15-летний пацан, любящий ярели и хентай? безопасность? чего ждать?

You are wrong again. Thats not my message, wipe your eyes, buddy

1 час назад, Danielw8 сказал:

Thats a better answer. This is you a few hours ago

aa0a814f42.png

This is my last answer this is just not consistent, you want windows 7 and windows 8.1 being deleted because too old (old tech old computers here) and now you want devs doing a hybrid support on old tech and new tech because they are going too loose a decent fraction of players even if its 5-10% means something

Talking about a phenom 6 cores security on a home computer used by a 15 years old kid who love yareli and hentai? security? wait what?

I think you should take a break from games, they have a bad effect on your eyesight:
are-you-blind1.jpg

Edited by T-13_ReconUnit

BTW if using steam you can go to (Store/Library/Community/Profile etc) Help -> System Information and see in Processor Information if processor suppors SSE2, 3, (4a - not needed ATM,) 4.1 and 4.2.

P.S.

Luckily my old i-5 (no matter which ATM) on laptop, does support. I can't help those who have just lost support but I do understand them.

Edited by NelomirPrime
  • Like 3

This is a 10 year old game, what the hell are you doing with it. I did some napkin math and just to play this i would need to save for like 1 year, worth of salary. This is not Cyberpunk, why the sudden bump. What is next, ask for 64 GB of ram? Maybe also want to ask for a Titan RTX while we are at it?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, VLDGG said:

I looked in the CPU-Z program and my processor supports SSE, but why do I get an alert that my processor does not support it. AMD Athlon II x3 450

Athlon II X3 450 is only compatible with the SSE4a instruction set and neither SSE4.1 or SSE4.2.

23 hours ago, -Veldora-Tempest- said:

How about Phenom II x4 965 BE ? Supports SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4

I see in the post *Your CPU must support SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2. 

Will I wake up in 2023 or not? xDD

Same situation here with your processor, the Phenom II X4 965 BE only supports SSE4a. 

On 2022-09-08 at 6:48 AM, DhatZ said:

Since I will be affected by this with my 2007 release year intel before even the first SSE got relaased, I need some better source for checking which CPUs actually have those instructions, the way they wrote this means it needs everything up to the 4.2 and neither the wiki or intel's own site are super clear about CPUs that old.

some good sources of information include Intels' ARK site, Wikichip, Wikipedia Articles on specific CPU Architectures, just to name a few.
for a CPU that one already has, CPU-Z is simple and to the point.

On 2022-09-08 at 6:48 AM, DhatZ said:

Frankly i'll have to find a mobo, cpu, cooler and ram that is at least a core i7 somewhere

in europe.

as i mentioned earlier in the Thread, an Intel 12100 is an exceptionally good value for People on a very tight budget. i don't know of the availability everywhere, but the MSRP is shocking good and performance wise it'll make any old CPU look like a Calculator.

lots of very suitable used Parts in recent Years too, a 12100 is just going to be the best possible performance:value while still having a pretty low adoption price.

On 2022-09-09 at 2:15 PM, T-13_ReconUnit said:

Are you seriously recommending that I buy old junk at exorbitant prices in another country, without guarantees, and without the ability to test its performance in order to play this game?

while i can't provide you with any sort of guarantee/Warranty on what you Buy, i would be more than happy to help you look through Electronics listings in your region to find good options, as long as you cover the end of knowing what places to Buy things there are in your region.

20 hours ago, VLDGG said:

I looked in the CPU-Z program and my processor supports SSE, but why do I get an alert that my processor does not support it. AMD Athlon II x3 450

their wording could be clearer, these Instruction Sets were all introduced to Computers in order - so you only really need to check that your CPU supports SSE4.2. if it supports that, it supports everything else before it.

On 2022-09-08 at 10:57 AM, UmbraAtrox said:

You can't be serious. You act like buying literally 3 components which are barely younger than 10 years is going to cost you an arm.

you don't have to be rude. the World is a big place. and Economics are not equal across the World.
you could leave the World a better place than you found it, rather than being toxic and basically useless. i think everyone would prefer the former.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Thorham said:

Never really even thought about that. Yeah, why do people actually do that?

Free prestige

On 2022-09-10 at 12:19 PM, T-13_ReconUnit said:

Then why are you being clumsily ironic by asking me about the invention of postal service in my country? Did you personally invent postal service?

I was asking if it was existing because at the time i had no idea which country you might be from, and i believe there are places in the world where indeed no postal service exists. I don't know if those places would have internet though but i would assume so since it's an easier infrastructure to build and maintain than logistics.

The reason i was asking in the first place is you were complaining parts are expensive where you live. China delivers worldwide, if you don't go the ebay route because shipping or whatever you can buy parts from china which probably gets you more than just the bare minimum. But then you'd have to do research, read forums and reviews until you find a place where you can safely buy. 

With Ethereum now requiring pos instead of pow a lot of miningrigs get disassembled and sold off. Which should drop prices when they flood the market. I don't suggest to buy those parts but everything that is atleast older will drop in price too. DE told us minimum 4 Months in advance, probably more, so now is the time to watch the market save up a bit and strike when there is a good deal. You need one Cpu out of a Million being sold. 

Spoiler

jPgf0dT.jpeg

On 2022-09-10 at 12:25 PM, T-13_ReconUnit said:

I don't believe in Benchmark, the results of which will be shown to me by a seller from another country.

No, you google the part number then you know how that part is expected to perform. Google your current cpu, then choose something which beats your current score on the same benchmark and supports SSE4.2. Write down those that fit into your theoretical budget you can save up in 5 months + those which barely don't and watch prices. When in  2 months you see a good deal and happened to have saved up enough you take it. You do that 3 times Cpu, Mainboard, Ram and you done. Prioritize mainboard. 

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

you don't have to be rude. the World is a big place. and Economics are not equal across the World.

True, but global shipping is. I dislike being repeatedly told something is impossible with the only reasoning being their local prices are expensive from someone who clearly didn't explore all their options, since as we already established postal service exists where they live. China delivers to everyone afaik.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

you could leave the World a better place than you found it, rather than being toxic and basically useless. i think everyone would prefer the former.

You could have quoted the whole context. I believe there was a sentence after that and even a question. From everything i have posted here you quote the one sentence where i am baffled about someone claiming they will quit the game about this right after i posted a list with parts for a 100$ upgrade. Even if with 10$ a month they'd be up and running in 10-12 months, minimum 5 from which they could still play and if the new requirement comes next summer then its 10 months, which in itself is enough time to get a lucky deal on one or two components, which either gets them more performance or less money spent. For those where 10$ is impossible i admit i have no idea how playing warframe is possible or even a priority.

• Like 1