PSA: PC Minimum Supported Specs Changes Coming in 2023

[DE]Danielle

Le 07/09/2022 à 23:40, Mystic_Ervo a dit :

Look at this 👇🏻

Intel i7 860, that's for around 2009, processors older than that model are incompatible with most current hardware, it's impossible for someone to be dragging that processor until now

Rest assured that if a computer has that processor, it is very likely that it will not be able to run Warframe, neither in 2023 nor now nor before

i play warframe fine on my 15 year old core2quad q9550...

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, H4NZ0_H4SASH1 said:

Will I still be able to play the game with a cpu that doesn't supports it ? I can't buy a new pc and I want to play the game... Please Reply!

no, i'm afraid not. if your CPU doesn't support SSE4.2, at the time of transition you will no longer be able to Launch the game. support for that Instruction library will be the minimum specification for the game.

Am 7.9.2022 um 17:30 schrieb Sannidor:

This will mean end of Warframe journey for thousands of players.

But of course DE is aware of that.

What's next, game not working on Windows7 ?

Please reconsider, this is a bad move.

seems more like 5 "players" ... just for real, if your pc is more then a decade old you should probably do something anyways ... as they mentioned they are doing this because of issues, they cant solve otherwise

1 hour ago, Zer0Hunter said:

as they mentioned they are doing this because of issues, they cant solve otherwise

not 'issues' so much as if the minimum Instruction Set is raised, more performance optimizations can be done to the game.

7 hours ago, Vektoro1 said:

1552,61 USD is new PC in Hungary. My Warframe play is over

you can almost assuredly find a cheaper avenue, but getting deals requires being tech savvy.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PrincessDragon said:

hola, tengo un amd phenon ll x4 945 ,8gb RAM y una gt 730 de 2gb ,ustedes creen que pueda seguir jugando? 

gracias 

your CPU doesn't support SSE4.2 i'm afraid. so that will be no.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, my CPU XEON E5450 , i don't have money for the new pc, i can play in warframe? And when update game?(sorry for no good english I'm from Russia) And If you make supports instruction 4.1 max then in your game have more players

Edited by skaiwyn23

1 hour ago, skaiwyn23 said:

Hello, my CPU XEON E5450 , i don't have money for the new pc, i can play in warframe? And when update game?(sorry for no good english I'm from Russia) And If you make supports instruction 4.1 max then in your game have more players

your CPU does not support SSE4.2. all previous Instruction Sets are implicit with supporting newer ones, so it's just a matter of whether 4.2 is supported.

• 2 weeks later...

my PC died complicated enough it might not be salvageable except the graphic card is still good. So I'm on my 2009 Nehalem laptop, inch away from being outed if dev pick AVX as minimum.