Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Besides The New War, are there story quests in Warframe that lock you in until you finish them?

(PSN)clary_pangs

Question

14 answers to this question

3 hours ago, (PSN)clary_pangs said:

Ok thanks. Another question I have is are most story quests done in solo or are there others that can be done with other players?

There are some quests that require completion of certain mission (Archwing intercecption for Limbo, Jordas Golem for Atlas, Index for Nidus) that you can have assistance of other players that do not need the quest. In general story/lore quests are rather solo, while most New Warframe quests can be done in coop (some are rather lore heavy annd they cant).

On 2022-09-08 at 12:37 AM, Zakkhar said:

There are some quests that require completion of certain mission (Archwing intercecption for Limbo, Jordas Golem for Atlas, Index for Nidus) that you can have assistance of other players that do not need the quest. In general story/lore quests are rather solo, while most New Warframe quests can be done in coop (some are rather lore heavy annd they cant).

Actually I just spoiled the story for myself using warframe wiki and YT playthrus and I wasnt impressed, so I think I won't be playing the game any further, considering how grindy it can be. I still like some of the designs but I don't think that would be enough for me to put in a lot of time as I'm very much a "time >>> money" kind of person. But thanks for the replies and happy playing.

11 hours ago, (PSN)clary_pangs said:

I think I won't be playing the game any further, considering how grindy it can be.

It is a grind shooter. I find the grind rather positive, because there is always so much to do as things are not easy to get. And since they are not easy to get you get a lot of positivity when you finally get them. Also there are things that are not mandatory. Actually most is not mandatory.

11 hours ago, (PSN)clary_pangs said:

I still like some of the designs but I don't think that would be enough for me to put in a lot of time as I'm very much a "time >>> money" kind of person

Gameplay is good and fun and the prizes are just a goal/addittional motivation. You can research what is good and beneficial to farm and which are the good techniques to farm it. There are a lot of players going at it and it produces the sort of meta.

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

It is a grind shooter. I find the grind rather positive, because there is always so much to do as things are not easy to get. And since they are not easy to get you get a lot of positivity when you finally get them. Also there are things that are not mandatory. Actually most is not mandatory.

Gameplay is good and fun and the prizes are just a goal/addittional motivation. You can research what is good and beneficial to farm and which are the good techniques to farm it. There are a lot of players going at it and it produces the sort of meta.

The problem is I don't like grindy games. I just liked some of warframe's aesthetics but 20+ hours in a realized what the gameplay core is and I don't want to get in deeper into the time sink. I don't like games that feel like work but in a pixel world with no one paying me except for rewards of pixel stuff. So there.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)clary_pangs said:

The problem is I don't like grindy games. I just liked some of warframe's aesthetics but 20+ hours in a realized what the gameplay core is and I don't want to get in deeper into the time sink. I don't like games that feel like work but in a pixel world with no one paying me except for rewards of pixel stuff. So there.

That's too bad. I would suggest just dipping in from time to time, when you feel you want some Warframe action. But then I remember there are some parts of the game that require a bit of commitment.

Well, at least you realize early that Warframe might not be the game for you. Best of luck in finding another game that suits you.

Archived