Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Update 32

[DE]Megan

I've got to laugh when DE let's one of their opinions sit inline with mod changes. Even better that someone apparently believes it is wrong that a mod isn't used enough, AND, writes a comment that demonstrates a critical misunderstanding for why that mod is even being used at all. In my most sarcastic voice, "Thank God, DE improved holster speed (allegedly) and fixed streamlined form." 

Streamlined Form:

• Removed its +60% Holster Rate bonus.

• Increased Slide buff from 15% to 30%.

• Increased Friction Reduction from 15% to 30%.

• This mod is chronically underused, so it easily deserved to be a bit stronger in light of the holster changes!

If the mod was "chronically underused" before, what is it now? Mistakenly used, or extinct? Oh well, on the bright-side, maybe I'll finally get that dumb sliding achievement in the Plains of Eidolon.

5 hours ago, Nonja said:

Uhhh.... do you guys play your own game??? You just made Maglev 2 💀

b7wyQil.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bluemillion said:

This looks like the single greatest update in the game's history! I might get to actually shoot at something instead of watching enemies disappear instantly because someone brought a bramma!

i'm sorry to tell you but... this update doesn't change anything... it's not a weapon problem, it's a game design problem.

while the game is focused on kill per second, players will find ways to kill stuff the fastest they can. nerf bramma and we will use something else. nerf all AoE weapons, and we'll use nuke frames.

nerf all nuke frames, and we'll abuse gas and electric damage with grouping abilities. 

again: AoE was never the problem. it was a bad solution to the whole game design problem.

also, you can always play solo if you dont like other people killing stuff faster than you (because this will continue to happen, with or without bramma players)

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Grey_Fenn said:

Uh, can someone explain why MK1-Paris and Phantasma are in the same ammo pickup group?  I'm sure there's a reason but I haven't figured it out.  Also, I laughed really, really hard when I saw it, so thank you for that.

They changed the ammo pickups from weapon specific to Primary and Secondary

19 minutes ago, Zuhan said:

They changed the ammo pickups from weapon specific to Primary and Secondary

I'm asking why a starter weapon and one of the most powerful weapons in the game are in the same 15 ammo per pickup group.  I'm not surprised to see Phantasma restricted, but MK1-Paris?  Was it killing too many Grineer in the tutorial? 

Edited by Grey_Fenn
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, NelomirPrime said:

I didn't have a maxed out primary merciless, still ignis wraith has 200/200 or something like that.

It used to be something like 200/800 without a maxed out primary merciless, and now it's something like 200/200 in all cases and same modding. [and in both with and without primary merciles R1's cases.]

AmmoDrumMod.png

8 minutes ago, Kaichi16 said:

all updates from the last years were rushed LOL

Should I edit my reply to add a big 'SARCASM' warning to it? lol

I know DE rarelly cares about quality instead of quantity.

1 hour ago, Zuhan said:

Not sure if it's a bug or not. Why does the new Primary Ammo drops look like mods?

I got puzzled with that too xD I saw that mod on the ground and couldnt loot it. THEN I noticed the 'ammo full' waning... lol

Edited by DarkSkysz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Should I edit my reply to add a big 'SARCASM' warning to it? lol

I know DE rarelly cares about quality instead of quantity.

I got puzzled with that too xD I saw that mod on the ground and couldnt loot it. THEN I noticed the 'ammo full' waning... lol

~just edited myself lol my bad, i'm bad with... understanding things ;u;~

5 часов назад, Nonja сказал:

Just be quiet, keep buying plat, get excited for new weapon/frame, buy new content, then get excited for future content when said content you just bought gets inevitably nerfed to the ground 💀

^^^^^^

It is precisely about such statements in your address that I warned you DE. You took too long with these fixes. Well, it's good that you decided on it. You did everything right. Time will pass and the players accustomed to META will calm down. The main thing is not to allow such mistakes in the balance again like Wukong and Bramma!

Rhino’s Reinforcing Stomp 

• Was: Iron Skin Health is replenished by 80 for each enemy affected.
  • Now: Iron Skin Health is restored by 4% for each enemy affected. The value of health restored no longer scales with Ability Strength.
    • The percentage of Iron Skin Health restored is based on the Peak Value of Iron Skin following ability cast and invulnerability period.
    • This change should help this Augment scale better in higher-level missions instead of using flat Health values.  

Rhino’s Piercing Roar 

• Was: Enemies within 25m will be knocked down and suffer from a Puncture Status Effect. Roar can be recast. 
  • Now: Enemies within 25m will be knocked down and suffer 10 stacks of Puncture Status. Roar can be recast. Additionally increases Roar’s Range by +40%. 

I was definitely hoping for more love to go rhino's way since he has been chilling for a while. Namely that you can't recast Roar without a mod, if you ask me or majority of players I assume, that when it comes to buffs we should just be able to recast them period. With other warframes this has already happened, namely Chroma, Nezha, Atlas(Rumblers), Baruuk, Ember(if you count Immolation), Gara(her 2), Garuda(1 and 2), Gauss(2), Grendel(2 can be refreshed), Harrow(2 and 3, argument could be made for 4 to be recastable), Limbo(if you count 3 as a buff), Mirage(3), Nidus(3), Octavia(3), Protea(3 if you count it as a buff), Revenant(2), Saryn(3), Volt(2), Wukong(3), and Xaku(2). Pretty large list, and rhino would not be the only one who could use this very deserved QOL change so I hope this comment could be considered for a future change in a future patch. At the end of the day if a player deems it worth refreshing a buff despite wasting energy just to refresh an active buff I believe they should be able to do so across the board not for specific cases.

• Like 3

Hey uh how about instead of messing with ammo for literally every weapon you just buff the weaker weapons? There are undoubtedly some good single target weapons, chakkhur, rubico and vectis prime, but I would say that a majority are pretty woefully underpowered. I understand its hard to buff single target weapons since the fundamental flaw with single target is that the game is a horde shooter and single target is much slower than AOE at taking out crowds, but as long as the focus of the game is still taking out large crowds quick I don't think the answer is to nerf everything that takes out large crowds quick. You can keep nerfing and nerfing but as long as you don't incentivize the use of the weaker stuff (and you keep literally nerfing the weak stuff by doing things like gutting primary merciless) nobody is going to use the weak stuff, rather they will just form new and equally stupid metas. I remember when melee was king and I think we are just going back to that again (especially since holster speeds aren't really incentivizing the use of secondary weapons due to the fact that just pressing the melee key is either as fast or faster than the switch between primary and secondary, correct me if I'm wrong). 

• Like 4

Instead of a big ol giant thing, just feedback on Styanax:

He has two flaws. Just two:

- Needs invulnerability on casts. No 'tank' or damage reduction capacities and fairly tinfoil on his own, the small shields on kill don't offset this deficiency on their own. But, paired with invulnerability upon casts, his kit would encourage a comfortably active and attentive playstyle. 

- Rally Point needs to stack. Not override, not biggest-value-wins, all instances of it stack as is. 300, legion, phalanx etc aesthetic demands it. And frankly, multiples of him not negging one another wouldn't be anything crazy compared to countless other more synergistic squad comps. 

Other than that, he's great. All around. 

Are you serious with this Bubonico nerf? That was probably one of the most well balanced aoe weapons in the game why would you do that?

It's play style was: Prime enemies with status with the secondary fire, and then unload on the with primary

Now the secondary eats the entire ammo pool and the weapon's whole flow is destroyed.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

Let us crack 2 relics at once when doing the alot harder Steel Path Void Fissures... DE you need to value your players time better!

DE never valued their player's time, it should be blatantly obvious by now. The game has never rewarded efficiency.

• Like 11

Space Mom and Space Papi coming out swinging, hot damn! I'm loving the changes made in this update; thank you for not being afraid to make controversial changes for the sake of the long-term health of the game!

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Archon Hunt Missions

Restrictions are also present for added impact:

• Restricted Respawns:
    • No Self Revive: Can only be revived by other Tenno (or Companions).
    • Last Gasp Penalty: Activating the Last Gasp Focus ability reduces the timer by 2 seconds.
    • Bleedout Shortens: Bleedout duration is reduced after each time bleedout is entered, to a minimum of 5 seconds. 

💋👌 m w a h

Having an actual penalty from dying made soloing the archon hunt a lot more tense and a lot more satisfying!

NEW HELMINTH SYSTEM ADDITION: ARCHON SHARDS 

💋👌 m w a h    (I hope so, at least-- I'll know for sure once I actually see what the affected stats are. Sounds fun as hell, though!)

• Starter Warframe Ability Changes: Excalibur, Mag, & Volt

💋👌 m w a h

(I was hoping Slash Dash would be cancelable at any point during the animation, though, not just between targeted hits. Here's hoping that can change!)

• Warframe Augment Buffs Part 2

💋👌 m w a h

• Armor Changes 
  • Syndicate Pledging 
  • Riven Capacity System Changes 

💋👌 m w a h

AREA OF EFFECT (AOE) WEAPON CHANGES 

💋👌 m w a h   for the concept, but unfortunately kinda ehhhhh on the execution.

Reducing the uptime of AoEs is an excellent change, and is a big spoonful of the bitter medicine that this game needs for the long term. BUT, AoEs need to have the crowd-clearing power to justify this nerf, especially if they're expected to build up Merciless + Galvanized stacks without running out of ammo first! (Shameless plug to my feedback thread on this.)

Primary Weapons with Ammo Regen Rates Overrides: 

• Basmu: From 42/s to 10.5/s
  • Bubonico: From 9/s to 4.5/s
  • Flux Rifle: From 40/s to 24/s
  • Fulmin: From 30/s to 20/s
  • Shedu: From 28/s to 3.5/s

Ehhhhh.... These are super harsh nerfs that I don't feel are justified, especially for the Basmu and the poor Shedu. Hopefully those two especially can be changed soon.

1. b) Holster Speed Buffs & Mod Changes

holy sweet jesus I love you DE

(The mod changes don't feel super necessary, though. Holster speed mods definitely aren't needed anymore, but players should still have the option to switch weapons damn-near-instantaneously if they wish!)

4. New Steel Path Missions: Void Fissures

💋👌 m w a h

SYNDICATE PLEDGING

💋👌 m w a h

RIVEN CAPACITY SYSTEM CHANGES

💋👌 m w a h

DOJO/CLAN CHANGES & FIXES: 

• Ignis Wraith Research is now available to all Clans!

SWEET HOLY MARY MOTHER OF JOSEPH

Black Joy Love GIF by Legacy

(also, scammers in shambles rn 😂)

OPERATOR TRANSFERENCE CHANGE: 

💋👌 M W A H

Increased recovery window for self-knockdowns and self-staggers. 

💋👌 m w a h

Adjusted the name of Shotgun Spazz (including Amalgam version) to Shotgun Barrage. 

• In light of being educated by concerned players on word connotations.

💋👌 m w a h

Our next objective is the public Cross Play test between select Platforms to gather feedback and bugs. Expect news about those tests, hopefully soon!

Preemptive 💋👌 m w a h

(And probably a bunch of other great stuff I missed.)

Overall: Loving the update so far! There are some bugs and there are definitely some further changes that can be made (especially re: AoE and battery ammo), but I just want to emphasize how great it is that these drastic-but-necessary steps are being taken!