Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Update 32

[DE]Megan

23 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Anybody else not get Styanax with the update? 'Cause I sure didn't.

15 minutes ago, Shyvara said:

same here, i relogged 3 times and checked my inventory in case i just missed a message

We have temporarily disabled it. Full info here: 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Koed said:

Glaive Prime seems to be affected by LOS as well.

Can confirm, all glaives were hit by this. 

Undocumented Changes = Not looking good for this update

Everything documented so far is great Besides the Primary Merciless trashing. 

• Like 10

Small couple of things that can backfire from this update. I've already seen someone mention that armcannons (my beloved Shedu ;~;) are going to get absolutely plastered with this update. It might help with making these guns more fun by applying headshot damage to the enemy hit, then applying normal, non-headshot damage to the enemies caught in the blast. Someone here has no-doubt mentioned that there is a key difference between an "AoE weapon" (weapon that mainly functions via AoE, such as a flamethrower) versus a "weapon that has an AoE" (such as, say, the Opticor. At least personally, I treat it as a rifle, since punch-through means that AoE is detonating under the floor if I miss my shot and won't be killing anybody.)

Aside from the AoE hiccups we can expect, I just want to comment on the design intent of the Loki augment change. Loki is a frame that, personally, I see nobody use who isn't a diehard fan of being able to ace a mission without interacting with any enemies. So, almost exclusively Spy missions. With that in mind, and considering that anyone who plays high-level Spy missions as Loki typically does it solo because of the Sortie effect, I find myself scratching my head as to any potential situations that I'd be using Safeguard Switch. Definitely zero applications in solo play, not to mention that placing a decoy in a stealth mission to teleport to is a surefire way to get an enemy alerted. I'm genuinely curious who looks at Loki and decides that he should be a frontline rescue frame. Sure, he gets 6 seconds of invincibility, but besides his Radial Disarm, he's not exactly suited to deal with a menace that downed another target without using his guns, which he could've done from long range anyway. The theme is definitely suited to Loki with the switch teleport, but the role that it reinforces with the debuff clear and the invincibility is ill-suited to an evasive trickster who has, in default, no abilities for direct intervention.

If I may make a suggestion, I think that the augment would be better suited for Loki if, instead of swapping himself and the ally targeted, it swapped the ally and his decoy instead. It would save the ally, put the decoy to use as a location marker and an actual ruse for the enemy to fall for, and would keep the Trickster God a safe distance away.

Edited by Spirally
Oop, fragment sentence
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Archon Continuity 
 +55% Ability Duration. Abilities that inflict a Toxin Status Effect will also apply a Corrosive Status Effect. 

Archon Stretch:
 +45% Ability Range. Abilities that deal Electricity Damage restore +2 Energy/s over 5s. 

Archon Vitality: 
+440% Health. Status Effects from Abilities that deal Heat Damage will be applied twice.  
Please note that we are aware of this not working with some fire abilities e.g. Ember’s Fire Blast, this will be corrected in a future Hotfix/Update.

Archon Flow:
+275% Energy Max. Enemies killed by Cold Damage have a 10% chance to drop an Energy Orb. Cooldown: 10s.

Archon Intensify: 
+30% Ability Strength. Restoring Health with abilities grants +30% Ability Strength for 10s. 

• Likewise note that this currently has issues with some abilities that “heal over time” or trigger a heal after the ability is already running, we’ll be making improvements to this one as well.

Why does Archon Continuity and Archon Flow match Primed Continuity and Primed Flow, when Archon Vitality, Archon Stretch, and Archon Intensify match their base versions? Shouldn't Archon Continuity give +30% Duration and Archon Flow give +150% Energy Max? As they are they're direct upgrades to the existing Primed mods, and there's pretty much no reason not to use them if you already use the Primed version. At least with the others there are mods like Umbral Vitality and Umbral Intensify to act as sidegrades.

Also, why are you adding even more powercreep when in the same update you say this?

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

1) “Can this be automated?”
2) “Is this overly dominant?”

3) “Is this playstyle disruptive to other players?”

These new mods and the new Archon Shards are only going to make the strongest players even stronger, while leaving the weakest players just as weak. This will enable even more automated play-styles, like an empowered Thermal Sunder Titania now given extra energy or double-procs, become the dominant choices in builds, and enable the exact same disruptive gameplay you just talked about wanting to reduce. You're adding tools to let me be even more disruptive and dominant and automated than I already am. Why? There is already nothing in the game that even remotely warrants the level of power players already have, and you're only making us more powerful with these kinds of additions.

• Like 6

I know nerfing AoE is the theme of this patch, but could you possibly fix the explosion FX that have been broken since AotZ?

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1313568-ugly-opaque-effect-on-explosive-weapons-post-11-update/#comment-12534351

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1314279-after-3160-i-had-to-begin-to-play-with-sunglasses

Edited by TuxedoCatfish

"

• Added a mechanism which permanently unlocks Arbitration missions one you have completed all current mission nodes. Even if we add new mission nodes in the future, you will not lose access to Arbitrations. "

Great nice ... like sure i dont like the forced operator mission on new war that is why i have not even tried to make it

this could work like a few updates before xD

btw how the hell you made a update with so many bugs? like you dont test things before launch something? jezz

anyway i am not sure i will ever try the new war i like warframe cause you know the warframes xD

being forced to play operator mode? yeah not thanks i think i will forever stuck in that wall 

but well at least finnly yo give some love to gunspears 

thanks for that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

With this goal of polishing comes the compromise that some of the rewards are also delayed a week, but we would rather have a more enjoyable experience vs. a rushed one.

Realy glad you guys from DE think like this.

I hate companies that rush the release of content that will be full of bugs just for the sake of 'pontuality'.

Okay so you guys need to go back over your Speargun rework, AND REWORK IT AGAIN.

Take a read at the comment from rainy today after the update. You guys literally nerfed the throws. You didn't keep the full damage from charge throws at all!

Come on, DE...you're making my experience REALLY hard to enjoy...

Officially the last time I get hyped over changes. Sorry but this was the straw that broke the camel's back. 

• Like 3

Citation

The mods Primed Firestorm and Primed Fulmination both offered a 66% increase in explosive radius, which is being reduced to 44%, matching the increase offered by other Primed mods. Primed Mods traditionally offer around double the value of the base Mods, but these two offered tripled value. This change is reflective of the Primed Mod standard. 

It is a bad choice.

this mod have the same problem as Primed Reach before the rework : it is too strong on weapon with already a big area, and weak on other.

and the solution is the same : make that instead of give an percentage, give a flat amount.

something like "Primed Firestorm : +2.6m to explosion radius"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

AREA OF EFFECT (AOE) WEAPON CHANGES 

Area of Effect (AoE) weapons are a pretty dominant aspect of Warframe gameplay, especially affected by the removal of self-damage a few years ago. We want AoE weapons to feel impactful, but we feel their current state needs adjustment.

Before we get into the specific ‘WHAT’ of the changes to AoE, let’s talk about the broad ‘WHY’ of these changes. There are 3 core reasons:

1) “Can this be automated?” 
Currently, some explosive weapons and playstyles remove the need to aim, or otherwise care about your surroundings.  This doesn’t fit the “automated” category perfectly, but we want such impactful weapons to require more consideration and tactical decision making than currently exists. 

Instead of testing on 35 level enemies if you would tested the weapons on steel path you wondn't do those nerfs. All of your assumtions are coming from data belongs to 2013 warframe not current warframe. On steel path void cascade mission with a casual team you will be against 700+ level enemies in just 45 minutes and trust me your tester will be out of ammo even before the changes if they will try to play like you have showed on the dev stream. 

I hope Pablo will understand how these changes are unnecessary and I hope he will fix these with  a quick hot fix

• Like 14

Well, thought I should give Warframe another chance, assuming that I now could do sorties again (after a Riven-capacity forced break, currently going on the second year). But it would seem that isn't the case. And since I can't get any more riven slots and I refuse to destroy my rivens on principle it is back to Immortal Empires (Warhammer III). Maybe at some point in future...

lKiAnES.jpg

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

Got mine, ranking it up at present, it's fun to play.

Try rebooting your game again and see if it appears.

It's temporarily disabled. I had gotten the Inbox message originally, didn't get Stayanax, then relogged. Stayanax wasn't there, and it removed the inbox message on it's own. I've relogged three times since, but Stayanax isn't in my inventory or arsenal. 

Assuming I'll need to wait a while for DE to sort out whatever happened with the inbox bug, and hopefully I'll get the frame after that.