Veilbreaker: Update 32

[DE]Megan

42 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

This also helps people who dont want to use Drifters Camp and want to stay in the Orbiter full time.

I NEVER want to use the Drifter camp. It looks really beautiful and all, but the stupid, stupid transition between nav and ship is just too annoying for me. (they should have put the entrace to the orbiter in the side opposite the relic segment, but too late now). Iron Wake is definitely the place to put him. And allow access from the syndicates station like the standard 6 syndicates have an offerings button.

Perhaps nobody else uses the Drifter Camp either, and this is their idea to make us base there. Not going to happen.

Edited by CephalonCarnage
  • Like 13

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

If there are any other cases where Lifesteal isn’t applying from Overguard, please let us know on the Forums and we will take a look!

Please fix Garuda's Blood Altar not healing Nekros' Shadows Of The Dead if they have Overguard.

Edited by Kourinn
shrink quote

i don't want to sound mean, but, imagine wanting to nerf AoE Weapons because you think People aren't being precise enough
and then remove Headshots from AoE Weapons so that now you literally can't be precise with them.

kay.

Mirage’s Explosive Legerdemain Augment: Increased damage dealt from proximity mines created from Ammo and Orbs pickups from 500 to 1000. 

i have a question there...

this Augment previously offered all 4 of the base Elements across the different Ammo Pickups. does it... retain this functionality? it could be just like each Ammo Pickup refers to 2 Elements and has a 50% Chance for either, that would suffice.

0f28cd94649dd9f7d8ad26c7476d2399.png

this second Menu seems like an extra Click for no purpose? clicking one of the 6 Syndicates could just switch there.

• Like 4

2 things:

1 -is the forced reload after throwing spearguns intentional or a bug? the instant reload we got from picking up the thrown spears was very beneficial, so replacing it with a forced, full duration reload seems kinda nonsensical, especially considering how underwhelming spearguns are damage wise

2 - why in god's name did you make styanax's accent colours change half his body and have his secondary color channel change the metallic *accents*?

Edited by RealGremlinton
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

The speargun throw now has the stats of a charged throw, without needing to charge it.  If you review the wiki you will see that the explosion of Javlok's charged throw is listed as 300 heat damage.... And in new update, the Javlok's throw damage explosion is 300 heat damage.

(modified by the amount of ammo still in the spear when you throw it, of course)

So then instead of nerfing the gun, what ended up happening is the gun was "corrected". Because it used to do twice as much damage per throw (fully charged) before as compared to now, if one were to have tested the pre-update build.

Which led to it ultimately being worse than it was before the update.

And it was already pretty bad to begin with, which this was mostly due to the negative aspect of Spearguns at the time, which this update actually addressed.

The update would have actually made it more comparable to the current gameplay, which would have been absolutely lovely. I was honestly looking forward to using it; sadly, because of the situation that is now brought to light (the fact that, it was apparently "bugged" to be twice as strong before [when fully charged] as it is now, on a per throw basis), it turns out the weapon will struggle harder despite the QoL being better.

This is significantly unfortunate (and admittedly, a let-down equivalent to a punch in the gut). Is there no chance the Devs can look into this and buff the strength of the weapon? Because without the damage output it had in the past (even if it was caused by a bug), it's not going to have significant enough strength to warrant use when so many other weapons are immensely more powerful (I'm not looking for it to become a meta weapon, but if it at least held it's previous "oomph" it would have been a wonderful change of pace compared to the same old boring launchers and exploding bows).

• Like 3

In light of the overall speed buff to holster speed, we have made the following changes to the mods and Arcanes that offered holster speed stat increases: 

(All stats below are shown at max rank)

Streamlined Form: 

• Removed its +60% Holster Rate bonus. 
  • Increased Slide buff from 15% to 30%. 
  • Increased Friction Reduction from 15% to 30%. 
    • This mod is chronically underused, so it easily deserved to be a bit stronger in light of the holster changes! 

Uhhh.... do you guys play your own game??? You just made Maglev 2 💀

b7wyQil.png

• Like 18

22 minutes ago, mikakor said:

bruh the AoE weapons were hit hard enough. any more and they'll be unusable. is that what you want? 

They will ALWAYS be usable because AoE is the meta because this is a horde shooter game. Stop crying.

Every point since their introduction the AoE meta has been consistent and just replaced by other AoE metas and in the end what we had was the worst so far with the zarr, bramma, ogris mindless spam bs ignoring warframes ignoring every other weapon because it doesn´t matter because the zarr is still better than any nuke frame or even using a frame that isn´t something incredibly cringe like wukong (who you would just use to get another zarr spammer on your team) which also resulted in pubs being in the worst state since forever due to walking simulator.

Now there seems to finally be a change. Where people aren´t forced to only use bramma, zarr, ogris in pubs to kill some enemies.

The ammo changes were meant to cripple the mindless spam and, to my surprise from my own experience, so far they´ve been very good at it. I ran the whole archon hunt solo after completing the quest and in the defense mission I decided to bring out my zarr to see the nerfs and I ran out of ammo once or twice but that was only due to mindless spamming. Now to my surprise (didn´t read that part myself) they also changed how ammo works in solo as in you get more drops in solo than pubs which is even better for the core issue I mentioned earlier about pubs being in the worst state since I started playing.

And don´t give me the " just go play solo lol xd " argument.

11 минут назад, Nonja сказал:

Uhhh.... do you guys play your own game??? You just made Maglev 2 💀

b7wyQil.png

...this mod is for a Warframe. The rest for each individual weapon. And they should reinforce each other. Everything is right.

9 минут назад, Mag_Gaming сказал:
40 минут назад, mikakor сказал:

bruh the AoE weapons were hit hard enough. any more and they'll be unusable. is that what you want? 

... personally, I want to people stop banging with Bramma on every corner.

• Like 1

Does this "Archon Shard Helminth Segment" require the Helminth Segment from Deimos? Because if it does then I'm not going to be able to use that.

The Deimos content just is not fun for me, in fact it is outright unpleasant, and I don't waste what little free time I have on games that are unpleasant to play. So unless that is not required or an alternate way to get the other segment appears this might be an entire new system I can't experience. Again.

So streamlined form is basically another maglev now, but it can stack..  You actually need all the AoE you can get in Steel Path, but its overkill for regular missions.  Wouldn't it be a better balance to turn off the bonuses some mods give, (like galvanized chamber/hell) for regular missions, but keep them for Steel Path?  I believe that's more of the issue.  Certain mods could scale like riven dispositions do, where you get more of a bonus for harder missions and less for lowered tiered missions..  

You guys release Bramma, then primed firestorm, then galvanized mods, then more recently kuva zarr and you are wondering what people are going to be using or why they are using AoE?  Surely you are capable of seeing how these mods interact and affect the weapons they are going to be equipped on?  Most veterans play and are used to Steel Path and the regular game is a super boring snooze fest by comparison.  You will need AoE or some powerful crowd control because of spawn counts.  As long as there is a way to clear Steel Path efficiently, by weapons or frames, those same combinations will destroy the rest of the game even more efficiently and nerfing AoE changes nothing.

It's ridiculous that you are unable to take responsibility for anything you release and rely on popularity to determine whether something is too powerful.  There are plenty of more powerful weapons that did not get hit w these nerfs due to unpopularity.  Your attitude is "we're gonna release this, and its pretty straightforward and simple, and then all these powerful mods, but if too many people pick up on it, we'll make them very cumbersome to play in the recent future, then release something else along the same lines of OP, but in a different way, then "rebalance" that, rinse and repeat."  I don't really enjoy this cycle and I'm not even using a meta gun, but I am using some mods and arcanes that are meta.  My gun is also way more powerful than the guns you nerfed the most.  I don't believe balance should be based on popularity.  It should be based on actual ability.  It's almost like you should just select our loadouts for us.  "You're using this gun too much - try this one, take a timeout."  Balancing based on popular or % used isn't true balance.  It's just an annoyance and since its not true balance, you might as well let people do what they enjoy.  If you don't want people to play a higher % of a said weapon, stop releasing OP weapons/mods/arcanes and rely on the community to tell you what's OP.  You could have fixed Primed Firestorm right after release, but instead you just keep going down a rabbit hole w more and more power, then later you just smash everything, and its still not a balance at all because its pure popularity % used.  So you should just set your % where you want them, and just lock people out of whatever gun they love to use, that you created, because you want even distributions across the board.

Also, people who farmed a bunch of primary and secondary arcanes that you ruined, should get back a ton of essence.  Veterans don't need useless endo.  Those archon mods are super underwhelming and highly situational only a few frames can take advantage of, which you guys should have been able to test ahead of this release, but I'm sure we'll find out soon how OP they are on some frames, and if too many people use them, they'll get nerfed into the ground again. 

TLDR - It's okay to be super OP as long as you're the only one using it.  Also, we're gonna release this crazy super powerful weapon w 800% multishot and add an arcane slot, but if too many people use it, we're just just make it so it has one maximum ammo, and the bullets only drop from eximus units.   No no no, "on ammo depleted arcane, +5000% critical chance, can use no ammo pickups, 1 bullet per mission"

• Like 13

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

The speargun throw now has the stats of a charged throw, without needing to charge it.  If you review the wiki you will see that the explosion of Javlok's charged throw is listed as 300 heat damage.... And in new update, the Javlok's throw damage explosion is 300 heat damage.

(modified by the amount of ammo still in the spear when you throw it, of course)

Scourge and Javlok were also getting progressive damage bonuses that weren't reflected in the Arsenal or wiki.  Up to 2x if charged completely.  Is this a conscious nerf/bugfix?

Scourge I don't know well, but Javlok I can tell you this is a major hit to a throw build that already felt weak for its MR.   If you look at the old stats, did it make sense that the uncharged and charged throws had the same damage?  Yes, the charged throw did do away with the explosion delay, so that's potentially a big dps increase.  But this was at the cost of charge time and infinite punch through on the throw itself.  

If this was all intended, I understand it's  now a weapon balance feedback issue.  But I'm hoping it was a simple oversight that can be rectified.

• Like 3

These small changes caught my eye and i would say that they are very good additions:

Added a mechanism which permanently unlocks Arbitration missions one you have completed all current mission nodes. Even if we add new mission nodes in the future, you will not lose access to Arbitrations.

Added sound FX to Eximus when their Overguard shields are depleted. 

Mining Vendors in Open-Worlds now carry a Relic-pack that can be purchased from their Offerings, similar to the Relic pack that is currently available for Syndicate standing.