Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good-bye, Viral Heat Chromatic blade. Hello, Radiation Toxin Chromatic blade [Update: Wiki says YES for all true exalted sans SS]

Jarriaga

Just so we can get this out of the way now:

A very small whiny group of forum users:

"These mods shouldn't exist, what about the power creep DE?!"

A level headed person: "You don't have to use the mod if you don't want to."

Fear mongering forum user: "It's not about me, it's about the health of the game! It's not going in a good direction!!"

"K".

End scene.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Fear mongering forum user: "It's not about me, it's about the health of the game! It's not going in a good direction!!"

"K".

End scene.

Is this not the endgame of Warframe? Complaining on the forums, and also complaining about complaining on the forums, and also complaining about the complainers complaining about your complaints?

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

So DE are fearmongers now? Because disruptive gameplay harming the health of the game is literally one of the reasons DE just gave for the nerfs to AoE:

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

3) “Is this playstyle disruptive to other players?” 
A majority of sessions are played co-op, so ideally everybody gets a chance to play. We’ve reached a point where players are asking us to change these weapons, because they leave so little for others to do. 

And these mods are no going to be different. These and Archon Shards will do nothing but make gameplay more disruptive as players become even more inconsistent than they already are, just like the Galvanized mods and Gun Arcanes before them.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"K".

End scene.

Mock people that care about game balance all you want but power creep is a real issue. Don't really know about these mods yet, haven't tried them but that is besides the point. Power creep is why explosive weapons and the melee spin to win before explosive weapons got so out of hand. When everybody and their grandmas is using the most powerful option and you have to go play in solo just to escape the obnoxious meta in order to play with something you enjoy then there's not any choice involved at all.

5 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Mock people that care about game balance all you want but power creep is a real issue. Don't really know about these mods yet, haven't tried them but that is besides the point. Power creep is why explosive weapons and the melee spin to win before explosive weapons got so out of hand. When everybody and their grandmas is using the most powerful option and you have to go play in solo just to escape the obnoxious meta in order to play with something you enjoy then there's not any choice involved at all.

15 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

So DE are fearmongers now? Because disruptive gameplay harming the health of the game is literally one of the reasons DE just gave for the nerfs to AoE:

And these mods are no going to be different. These and Archon Shards will do nothing but make gameplay more disruptive as players become even more inconsistent than they already are, just like the Galvanized mods and Gun Arcanes before them.

You'd have to take it up with DE. I didn't release the mods. After some time has passed and some new meta is discovered, we'll see what happens. 

9 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Spicy, I love it.

Though aside from excal, saryn, grendel, chroma, lavos, who else can apply toxin?

also, if it does work on exalted blade, would it also work on other exalted weapons modded for toxin? hmm 🤔

I am yet to test this technicality, but in theory it may only work with Chromatic blade because it would be the only one with native toxin damage rather than being added via a mod in the weapon.

Of course, this is assuming DE did not code the mod so it only applies to casted abilities rather than any ability that deals native toxin. If that's the case then I jumped the shark and celebrated too soon. @[DE]Meganor @[DE]Marcusor @[DE]Dudleyany word on how this mod is meant to work? Clarifications would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

To anyone who actually thinks this: A lot of toxin-based abilities were terrible anyway. Like when was the last time anyone used toxin Chroma unironically? Not all buffs are power creep.

The only frame who's possibly doing power creep with this is Saryn. And come on, she's Saryn, it's pretty hard to make Saryn more broken than she already is

I look at the mod, think of chromatic blade and cannot see any benefit over viral+heat. If this would be a replacement, wouldnt we have already seen corrosive+heat as the go to on excal already? Since that combo does practically the same with a bit more armor stip in total.

I can see this mod aswell as the heat duplicate mod as some really strong options on Lavos. If the 2x heat proc mod doubles the DoT from his #4 it will be devastating.

2 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Look at my boy Chroma, getting Corrosive for his Breath weapon, now he's unstoppable. 

Let's not forget you could use his heat elemental ward to heal allies, and get the buff from the Archon Intensify, but also Archon Vitility + Heat breath means double fire damage. 

Chroma will be having some fun in near future for sure, might need to get another mod loadout slot or work on my 2nd chroma prime 

-Chroma Main

1 minute ago, Acheron75 said:

Let's not forget you could use his heat elemental ward to heal allies, and get the buff from the Archon Intensify, but also Archon Vitility + Heat breath means double fire damage. 

Chroma will be having some fun in near future for sure, might need to get another mod loadout slot or work on my 2nd chroma prime 

-Chroma Main

Yeah I'm curious if that Archon Intensify stacks with all healing instances, because Ember's Fire Blast Augment with Elemental Ward with those two mods could be devastating.

I have had a 2nd Chroma Prime waiting in the wings and now I know exactly what I want to do with him

I am very very excited to get my hands on these mods.

-From,

Another Chroma Main

handshake GIF

6 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Is this not the endgame of Warframe? Complaining on the forums, and also complaining about complaining on the forums, and also complaining about the complainers complaining about your complaints?

The endgame of warframe is when you complain about someone's wisp fashion when your own fashion is actually utter garbage compared to it.

Archived