Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Amber shard's increased effect of health orbs to something else

ShogunGunshow

No one who is at the point in the game where they're obtaining shards is relying on health orbs of all things for their sustain because they are inherently unreliable.

What about that passive energy regen that was teased? Or maybe a stat line of 'companions and summoned units have x% damage reduction', with players only needing to slot 2-3 shards to make them fully immune to damage?

Does it apply to Dispensary? Because I don't see a reason it wouldn't apply to Dispensary's Health Orbs. And those health orbs start at 100hp. One shard would then be 200hp, two shards would be 300hp... And with Equilibrium 110% of that becomes Energy. I'm already seeing some goofy S#&$ made possible with those shards.

Relying on Health Orbs, no. But they certainty have an effect if you're not relying on shield gating (without fully abusing it) or damage resistance abilities without healing effects. Plus there's always the stray toxin damage that can whittle you down.

Also it sounds like an easy synergy with the Synth set Companion mods.

I have a considerable number of late game builds that are centered on orbs for Equilibrium and Health Conversion to tie up loose ends in the kit. If the health orb reward is better, I assume in this case the Equilibrium energy payout will reflect that. While reliance on getting an orb when you need it is an ill fated strategy, reliance on a consistency of orb generation from a number of sources over time, is reliable as part of an overall strategy.

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

They are unreliable because health orbs simply don't exist in 90% of the game. Health orb should be a common enemy drop and I never understand why it hasn't been this way.

Which is why Synth Deconstruct is great at enabling the synergies. Especially if you pair it with a Companion weapon/ability that can hit multiple enemies at a time.

Also they did recently make it where Eximus units always drop orbs on death.

33 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

They are unreliable because health orbs simply don't exist in 90% of the game. Health orb should be a common enemy drop and I never understand why it hasn't been this way.

That's something Deimos got right (maybe a bit too right); there are orbs dropping out of everything out there. It'd be nice if that carried over to other areas, like maybe dedicated health/energy/ammo stations. Something you can seek out that spawns reliably in locations that make sense.

Archived