Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Narmer face cannon - abnormal damage?

Rantear

Edited - read at the bottom of the post.

Noticed that during the Archon hunt face cannon ability of Narmer units deals huge amounts of damage (it was hard not to notice), and it also seems to ignore shield-gating as well.

It probably happened due to the fact that Narmer units were not supposed to be at such high levels.

Either way, here's a screenshot of me checking the damage of their face cannon with a Rhino.

Спойлер

MxWQSDq.jpg

d3WfueU.jpeg

128.000 damage, I don't think it's intended for our frames with majority not even having measily 1000 effective HP to go against such high damage, at least not outside of endurance runs.

And as if raw damage wasn't enough, it also apparently deals forced slash proc, it's not on the screenshot, as I've used Arcane Deflector so that it would not add extra damage to Iron skin, I think it's around 20k damage per tick, could be wrong on that one, but as if that matters, no Warframe will survive that.

Not to mention that mobile defense objectives were getting one-shot from unpredictable directions.

Edit:

Supposedly fixed.

As of now (Update 32.0.2) it seems like the main issue of ignoring shield gating was fixed (for Grineer units, for now there's no Corpus units to test)

Their damage also seems to have been halved, not sure what it is supposed to achieve, as I doubt that either Nidus or Inaros will survive the hit even when it's half the damage.

It's probably not needed, but I've spend an hour looking for, and testing different Grineer units, so here's a link to a screenshot album for future reference, in-case something changes without being mentioned in the patch notes and this thread ends up being relevant again:

Also, Helions and Eximus units do not use this Ability, despite being able to spawn with the glow, which is probably also a bug.

And as a closing note: please, in the future make new units immediately spawnable in the Simulacrum, it was a pain searching and isolating them to test it.

Yeah. I got randomly oneshot by it midway through the second Archon mission as a Nezha with a very tanky build from almost full hp with Warding Halo up. Pretty salt-inducing. :(

Log excerpt since I was absolutely baffled so I had to look up what I died from, backed up the logs too in case I need to send them.

Player identified as <Rylatar>
LOG DATE - 11.09.2022, 18:42:36
19:02:31 - <Rylatar> downed at 1,310 health by a level 138 Narmer Elite Lancer using a PNWNarmerMaskPowerSuit
LOG ENDS - 11.09.2022, 19:48:39

3 часа назад, Rylatar сказал:

Yeah. I got randomly oneshot by it midway through the second Archon mission as a Nezha with a very tanky build from almost full hp with Warding Halo up. Pretty salt-inducing. :(

Log excerpt since I was absolutely baffled so I had to look up what I died from, backed up the logs too in case I need to send them.

I've did a lot of test runs yesterday, and it seemed like they already did some changes to that ability.

Mainly it looked like its damage got halved: now only seem to deal 64k damage instead of 128k, and it no longer seem to ignore shield gating.

However, in-case my yesterday results were due to some inconsistency, and they didn't change anything, I have to ask:

Was your shield down before you took the hit? Or maybe you died to the slash proc?

If your shield was down or if it was a slash proc, then I got no further questions, its damage is still obscene after all.

Also, looking at the log, I think Narmer Elite Lancers are the only ones I couldn't find with the Narmer ability during testing, maybe they're the only bugged unit.

On 2022-09-11 at 11:21 PM, Rantear said:

However, in-case my yesterday results were due to some inconsistency, and they didn't change anything, I have to ask:

Was your shield down before you took the hit? Or maybe you died to the slash proc?

If your shield was down or if it was a slash proc, then I got no further questions, its damage is still obscene after all.

Bit of a late response since I don't go to forums very often.

I think my shield was up, no slash procs could be involved since there wasn't even the sound of Warding Halo going down, just went into bleedout with Last Gasp option. Haven't had this happen again since I almost paranoidally kept my distance next run since what I do know is that it was a borderline point blank hit. It did hit the operative once (with WH and some shields still up) but at least that one could be simply revived.

11 минут назад, Rylatar сказал:

Bit of a late response since I don't go to forums very often.

I think my shield was up, no slash procs could be involved since there wasn't even the sound of Warding Halo going down, just went into bleedout with Last Gasp option. Haven't had this happen again since I almost paranoidally kept my distance next run since what I do know is that it was a borderline point blank hit. It did hit the operative once (with WH and some shields still up) but at least that one could be simply revived.

Hmm...

I've done a lot of tests with Loki and Gara, and they no longer seem to ignore shield gating, Gara also has 90% DR with no status immunity, and she wasn't getting one-shot, so maybe it's a bug with Warding Halo, I did found one still relevant bug report when searching for how much DR it has:

Archived