Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch, Soft Hands and Reflex draw need to be made PvE exclusive

Tachmag

The effect on these mods is no longer in any way similar to their original effect and it completely breaks Conclave balance. They no longer serve a purpose in the Conclave and as such should have their gamemode restriction changed from Universal to Cooperative.

Yeah it's honestly become quite ridiculous. I think a a good example especially is to compare Double-Barrel Drift and Soft Hands (Note that at the time, the wiki text is incorrect, but the mod images are correct). Double-Barrel Drift gives a 20% reduction to recoil and spread while sliding, and Soft Hands gives a 40% reduction to recoil and spread on weapon equip for 8 seconds. It's a much more powerful effect, and also has a much more convenient condition, unreasonably so. Shotguns/Rifles/Pistols all have these mods, but i used shotguns as an example as especially the spread reduction is the most unreasonable here, as spread is already one of the biggest drawbacks on shotguns, and a 40% reduction is  a lot.
I still like the mods in PVE, but I believe they don't belong in the Conclave in their current state

18 hours ago, Tachmag said:

What the hell, so DE buffed the mods (perhaps even changed them entirely) for PvE and totally forgot to give them the Double Tap treatment which gives it an additional PvE exclusive function. 

Being able to turn high burst dps weapons into pinpoint accurate laser beams without recoil is nonsense, especially since recoil and spread are their main balancing factors.

15 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

What the hell, so DE buffed the mods (perhaps even changed them entirely) for PvE and totally forgot to give them the Double Tap treatment which gives it an additional PvE exclusive function. 

Being able to turn high burst dps weapons into pinpoint accurate laser beams without recoil is nonsense, especially since recoil and spread are their main balancing factors.

Not the first time, and unfortunately i don't think it will be the last

• 5 months later...

Bump.

An 8 seconds long buff for an action that can be done on demand without investment (swapping weapons) nor commitment (it's instant now) makes it way too easy to be kept up.

Not to mention that high burst dps weapons were limited by poor handling (high recoil) and/or range limitations (high spread), both becoming almost nullified -as shown by the clip linked above- and making them an obvious pick, even easier to use if the weapon also happens to have an augment that helps either with their damage output or sustainability.

To top it off, it can be used along [-recoil -mag size] mods to stack recoil reduction, and as if that wasn't enough, it has huge synergy with reload while holstered mods since it allows different benefits on both ranged weapons at the same time: holstered weapon auto reloads while the active one gets increased accuracy and reduced recoil.

Disabling the mods from PvP would be the easiest fix, even though i think that making these mods mutually exclusive with reload while holstered and [-recoil -mag] mods on top of making the bonus way shorter (2 to 3 seconds at most, perhaps a cooldown as well) in order to give it at least some sort of tactical use could do quite a lot to get them balanced.

Archived