Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Styanax abilities and stats aren't given by MR, even to MR 30

deinonychus1

As the title says, I'm MR 30, so whenever I get a new frame or forma an old one, all the frame's stats are maxed and all abilities are at maximum rank. Normally. Styanax, however, does not do that. I launched into a mission to test him out, and three of his abilities are locked and he's more fragile than he should be. I have not tried other frames at sub-rank-30 yet, so I don't know if this is Styanax-exclusive or not.

2 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Brand new frames habe to be ranked up normally, the change you mention applies only after the first forma.

I don't think so; I've gotten new frames a couple times since I hit MR 30, and I remember having everything up front. As far as I remember, even new frames have their abilities and stat increases floored to the player's MR, just like mod capacity, the latter of which is working properly on Styanax.

6 minutes ago, deinonychus1 said:

I don't think so; I've gotten new frames a couple times since I hit MR 30, and I remember having everything up front. As far as I remember, even new frames have their abilities and stat increases floored to the player's MR, just like mod capacity, the latter of which is working properly on Styanax.

2 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

OP is correct. If you're MR30 or higher, you get the points even if it's brand new.

Oddly, that hasn't been the case with Khora Prime nor any other fresh frame i've obtained on my LR1 account. This also goes in the sme line of ESO and Sorties not letting players use underleveled frames unless these have at least 1 forma.

4 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Oddly, that hasn't been the case with Khora Prime nor any other fresh frame i've obtained on my LR1 account. This also goes in the sme line of ESO and Sorties not letting players use underleveled frames unless these have at least 1 forma.

So I've done some research rather than rely on memory, and I think you're right. Looking through old patch notes only mentions forma'd frames, and I just tried to take my Styanax into a sortie (ironic since I've already taken him to steel path a few times), at which time I was rebuffed with the message "your warframe must be rank 30 or have MR 30 and a forma". Guess we can cross off this bug report.

Archived