Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't progress Veilbreaker quest due to Command mode bug

SEANGUNN

I was playing the new quest, when i just freed my first brother then the game told me to use the command mode to to command rogg to blow open the debris, but it says <SHOW_SECRET_1> to open it, i tried every button but doesnt seem to work. I restarted the game and replayed the quest but it happend again, i was checking other playthroughs of this part and its G button but doesnt work for me, no button labels about it, is there anything to fix it? ive restarted 2 times but no button label bout command mode and shows <SHOW_SECRET_1> again.

9 hours ago, SEANGUNN said:

I was playing the new quest, when i just freed my first brother then the game told me to use the command mode to to command rogg to blow open the debris, but it says <SHOW_SECRET_1> to open it, i tried every button but doesnt seem to work. I restarted the game and replayed the quest but it happend again, i was checking other playthroughs of this part and its G button but doesnt work for me, no button labels about it, is there anything to fix it? ive restarted 2 times but no button label bout command mode and shows <SHOW_SECRET_1> again.

Hey! figured it out
your "command" key is the same as your "place marker" key

Spoiler

So I am supposed to command my fellow grineer to blow up some debris, but when I enter "g" I can only choose between LMB (command or "go to") and RMB (regroup).

Meanwhile something that looks like a bomb is hovering above that black mud opposite to the cell where I have freed him. I cannot pick it up and sending Rogg there does not do anything. Should he have the bomb ? I don´t know,  guess it is buggy, then again maybe I just don´t understand it.

So meanwhile I have finished the veilbraker quest.

There is some general problem with markers in this quest, Some don´t seem to appear, or appear later then expected. If you walk back where you have been before, old markers (like the one where you have freed Rogg) appear again while others disappear again.

And once there was a marker in the sky...

The Sentients also drop some things that look like little bombs but there is  no pickup or interaction whatsoever.  Just confusing.

Same issue to some degree: Command Mode is tied to 'Place Marker' which on a controller is such a complete waste of limited buttons that I barely remember replacing it.
Could probably have been fixed by rebinding it back for the duration of the mission IF I had even been aware of why it didn't work.  
Hitting 'G' on my desk keyboard worked as a substitute but since we're going to do more missions as Kahl this needs to be remedied. 

This ties in to the problem of full controller customization that we've been asking for for half a dozen years at least. 

DE is notorious for having poor quality key binding code, where the key binding doesn't show up or simply doesn't work at all.  They apparently think everyone in the world uses WASD and the mouse as-is with little consideration for customization.  I have to change my key bindings every time I want to decorate and, sadly, when I have to do this dumpster fire of a mission.  It gets old.

I had to use this thread to figure out that I needed to press G on my keyboard. Half the time I learned minutes after I placed the mark that it was past what I was aiming at. I learned the only reliable way to command was to set the mark at my feet and then run to the other area myself. A hold position button would have been much more useful.

...GEE, DON'T WE ALREADY HAVE THAT SYSTEM?!?!?! Press X on your allies to toggle holding position or following! Why the FRELL were new controls added? If it's ordering the group, just make a single order apply to all of them! Got a blockage that needs a bomb? It's a frelling interactable. Press X on THAT!

I eventually made it through the quest and tried the syndicate mission. I got to a point where it told me to press the power menu button plus B to use the Veilbreaker to take an enemy out. (For added confusion, I had thought Veilbreaker was just a title for Kahl.) I don't use the power menu button. My cross control is set with individual abilities. Knowing now that it was an ability they were asking for I would have just used my 3 (cross down). However, it was phrased like some sort of weird takedown so I didn't catch on. I closed the window out of frustration.

• 2 weeks later...

Just merging some posts here because I feel the fix could be the same for all of them.
Happens to players using controllers, or player re-mapping their buttons.

In my case:
I am not using the default controls and I'm having bugs with Kahl command mode (or when he controls a camera)
Yes, my keyboard mappings are weird but I got use to them.

I have remapped Left Mouse Button to "move forward" (not W)
I shoot with Control (not Left Mouse Button)
I interact with Space (not X)

In the existing portions of the game, the HUD uses my personnal mappings

(i.e. in my orbiter when i look at the navigation console it does say "Press Space" where most players will see "Press X")

I feel like this is not happening when using Kahl's "special modes" like command or controlling some fancy new cameras. as if Kahl's controls were "hardcoded" and not sourcing the key from my customised controls.

Basically if Kahl wants to use Left Mouse Button to select something/give an order while in command mode, because I remapped Left Mouse Button to "Move Forward" when i left click, Kahl just moves forward, and he's not giving an order to his squad of brothers.

I would expect the game to use my "Fire Weapon" key, so I could use control to give orders (the HUD would have to check my binding and display accordingly rather than systematically suggesting Left Mouse Button)

Current workaround would be :switching to default controls will work.
(Basically I just have to re-map the conflicting keys between regular mode and command mode, we dont need to switch to default "per say" but that will be the quickest fix for most players at the moment)

Can't speak for players with 2 controlling sticks but I guess it could also be fixed by looking at the warframe customised controls

hopefully all these can be solved in the same manner
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1324226-kahls-veilbreaker-mission-cannot-move-sec-cams-with-controllermouse/?ct=1663936199
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1324840-kahls-sneaky-sabotage-remote-camera-control-issue/?ct=1663936156
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1321214-cant-progress-new-kahl-mission

On 2022-09-23 at 3:04 PM, Destroyablility said:

(...)
as if Kahl's controls were "hardcoded" and not sourcing the key from my customised controls.

For me it's partly this but not fully. His standard grenade, blunt and shock grenade count as his ability 1, 2 and 3 respectively and they obey my remapped controls. 
(I have abilities 1-4 on D-pad, for whatever reason the UI refers to them as abilities A through D.)
However his command mode does not count as his D, 4, Ult - whatever you want to call it. It ignores standard keybinds as well as custom ones, I can only get it to work by assigning the marker/waypoint function - this does seem to be hardcoded. 

It's such a strange oversight to give us partial custom functionality and then skip one  - key - ability, but at least it should be relatively easy to fix. Fingers crossed.

• 4 months later...

For me I have pretty much every single keybind rebound to something that makes sense to me. To get past this abomination of a quest I had to:

1. Use the place marker key to get into command mode.

2. Rebind the Fire key to mouse button 1 (left click)

3. Point at the debris and left click

4. Finish the mission

5. Don't forget to rebind Fire and left click to what makes sense to you.

Archived