The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime max ammo needs an increase in according to the max ammo removal from Primary Merciless

Marvelous_A

Also some other weapons:

Braton

Aksomati

Soma

Euphona Prime

Most of them have very low ammo efficiency and high fire rate and their max ammo can hardly sustain. Boar Prime is currently the weakest prime shotgun in game, have 0 slash proc capability and have the highest fire rate but it has the same max ammo count as other very ammo efficient prime shotguns, namely Tigris Prime (duplex,slash based , max ammo which allows 60 reloads), Corinth Prime (has innate AoE and has slash based primary fire), Astilla Prime (slash based AoE), Strun Prime (Semi-auto, hit almost twice as hard, has overall better stats and is impact-slash based). Primary Merciless used to be a solution that doesn't cost a mod slot (which translates to more damage output), but the change of Primary Merciless has inadvertedly hurt the already weak Boar Prime. Please at least gives Boar Prime more ammo to work with.

+1 to this, the grakata's are some of my favorite weapons and while I understand the merciless ammo nerf was intended to affect AoE weapons, it also has the adverse effect of negatively impacting bullet hose weapons, which if you ask me, the phenmor was a good example of a bullet hose weapon executed properly, lets see some similar changes to weapons like the soma, grakata, supra etc.

I think all shotguns max ammo needs to be reviewed i feel like shotguns got unintentionally caught in the aoe crosshairs 

id say all shotguns could use a 25% max ammo increase anyway it was already pretty tight on some of the shotguns now picking up ammo is more rare putting more stress on the max ammo values , and i feel like 25% is fairly conservative for shotguns 

while id say shotguns are strong i would not call them a meta damage type , especially the less meta shotguns 

i wonder if the khom sucks now , i never got a good riven for it so didn't use it 

i dont think the removal or addition of the ammo maximum is going to change anything much since if your ammo ecomony is bad, no ammo maximum increase or decrease can save you for long, you'll just run out of it eventually.

its just like putting primed flow on a frame that has 45% ability efficiency and hope you can fix the mana issues...but i think your point still stands for itself.

On 2022-09-08 at 6:35 PM, Marvelous_A said:

Also some other weapons:

Braton

Aksomati

Soma

Euphona Prime

Most of them have very low ammo efficiency and high fire rate and their max ammo can hardly sustain. Boar Prime is currently the weakest prime shotgun in game, have 0 slash proc capability and have the highest fire rate but it has the same max ammo count as other very ammo efficient prime shotguns, namely Tigris Prime (duplex,slash based , max ammo which allows 60 reloads), Corinth Prime (has innate AoE and has slash based primary fire), Astilla Prime (slash based AoE), Strun Prime (Semi-auto, hit almost twice as hard, has overall better stats and is impact-slash based). Primary Merciless used to be a solution that doesn't cost a mod slot (which translates to more damage output), but the change of Primary Merciless has inadvertedly hurt the already weak Boar Prime. Please at least gives Boar Prime more ammo to work with.

10 hours ago, Amolistic. said:

i dont think the removal or addition of the ammo maximum is going to change anything much since if your ammo ecomony is bad, no ammo maximum increase or decrease can save you for long, you'll just run out of it eventually.

its just like putting primed flow on a frame that has 45% ability efficiency and hope you can fix the mana issues...but i think your point still stands for itself.

Boar Prime is IIRC the only weapon in my arsenal to have arcane+exilus+4 forma becuase its ammo efficiency is so bad I'm running Punchthrough+Ammo Mutation+Primary Merciless. And still it's running out of ammo every now and then. DE really should consider buffing it to bring it in line with other prime shotguns by either increasing its DPS or giving it more ammo as they did with Soma and Braton.

13 hours ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

This changes kills half of my Dual Grakata and Twin Viper Wraith up time. While its is inefficient to meta, but I've enjoyed to use them both. Welp, my 16 Forma+2 catalyst down to drainage. THX DE. 

Yes some other weapons have it hard too. I'm using Twin Viper Wraith with a +max ammo riven because it's just too weak DPS wise and 440 max ammo is not nearly enough. Twin Grakatas should be manageable with Punchthrough and Ammo Mutation because it's far better than Twin Viper Wraith, although it isn't really up to more difficult content like SP.

Archived