Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why block possibilty ? DE ?

Dreugui

So, I just got Styanax thanks to the gift, buye the new skin to change the material ( Voidshell ) and what is my surprise !? ( use of *bug* alow only to see it's not permanent )unknown.png

the base skin support the Voidshell system !? but DE choose to block it !? WHY !? 

if it's work, just give it to us ! please ? 

41 минуту назад, Dreugui сказал:

First, it's not a bug and thus shouldn't be posted in the bugreport section of the forum.

Second, do you believe DE should make everything for free? What should they eat then? Where should they live if they shouldn't be allowed to receive payment for their work?

16 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

First, it's not a bug and thus shouldn't be posted in the bugreport section of the forum.

Second, do you believe DE should make everything for free? What should they eat then? Where should they live if they shouldn't be allowed to receive payment for their work?

It's certainly not a feature, since DE has specificaly said they can't do it for every skin and they have to rework every skin in order for voidshell to function, which was a lie as this bug clearly proves otherwise.

I don't think anyone expects them to make it free for all, but what they could do is something similar to orokin reactor that you can install on your frames in order to enable the voidshell customization feature. They could capitalize on this feature in a bunch of other and better ways than the current voidshell skins.

il y a 20 minutes, (XBOX)Rez090 a dit :

what is the point of this thread? the screenshot doesn't even actually explain anything. is the op complaining about the "preview" function for the materials?

1. So, for starter, I didn't post it in the bug section it was moved by someone ( a modo I suppose ? ) 

2. what show on screen is prety much suficient, It show that the skin can have a change of material which is a voidshell featur, but you normaly cant do it because it's a "normal" skin. and so the *bug*

il y a 25 minutes, (PSN)ToiletFromFuture a dit :

It's certainly not a feature, since DE has specificaly said they can't do it for every skin and they have to rework every skin in order for voidshell to function, which was a lie as this bug clearly proves otherwise.

I don't think anyone expects them to make it free for all, but what they could do is something similar to orokin reactor that you can install on your frames in order to enable the voidshell customization feature. They could capitalize on this feature in a bunch of other and better ways than the current voidshell skins.

I have cheked, old skin don't have this *bug* which is most likly mean that, old skin DONT support this feature, but new skin dose as they are created most likly is it but just block the possibility of changing it, and this this why I was talking about initialy , but my post was moved here !? for no reason ? 

1 minute ago, Dreugui said:

2. what show on screen is prety much suficient, It show that the skin can have a change of material with is a voidshell featur, but you normaly cant do it because it's a "normal" skin.

See, here is where the problem lies. You cropped your screenshot, so nobody can see what skin is even equipped. Is the base skin equipped or the voidshell skin equipped?

il y a 7 minutes, (XBOX)Rez090 a dit :

See, here is where the problem lies. You cropped your screenshot, so nobody can see what skin is even equipped. Is the base skin equipped or the voidshell skin equipped?

Ok, so here is the VoidShell skin ( deafault color ) 

Capture_decran_2022-09-08_193051.jpg

here deafault skin ( default color ) 

unknown.png

And here is the deafault skin with Voidshell feature that you NORMALY CANT have :  ( I did not change the color )

unknown.png

il y a une heure, Tesla_Reloaded a dit :

1. it is a bug, normaly since it's a normal skin you should not be able to change the material as shown in the screen.

2. IF the feature is there why block it ? 

3. it's block and YOU CANT pay for it

This is a silly argument. I believe the reason that DE isn't allowing (without bugs, which get fixed periodically) the voidshell textures to be applied to non-voidshell skins, has to do with the way the UV maps for the skins work.
Look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping for an explanation of how this works.

I believe (and I'm not a DE dev and could very well be wrong here) that because of the way that the voidshell textures apply (using shaders and other tricks) over top of the pre-UV-mapped skin would cause certain parts of the voidshell textures to be warped and generally look wrong/bad on the original, not-meant-for-voidshell skins.

When making a voidshell-compatible skin and building it's UV map, I believe DE's artists have to do a lot of extra work to make sure that the skin doesn't stretch out certain areas of the actual texture in a visibly bad-looking way. The older, non-voidshell skins didn't take extra effort to do this (as it wasn't necessary at the time, only the base skin texture and the tennogen versions, if any, would have to look good), so applying the voidshell textures to them might look "ok" at first, but will look very bad if looked at at certain angles, or until certain animation sets are used. (To be honest, certain mis-matched animation sets make some warframes look sort of awkward already, try sticking Khora's Urushi animation set on Excalibur or Inaros Prime, for instance). Mismatched/badly stretched voidshell skin textures are the same sort of issue as mismatched animation sets, just at a different presentation/rendering level for a warframe model.

I don't think DE wants to sell a special custom feature (voidshell skins) for all warframes if certain warframe skins will make the result look awful, as they probably feel that they'd be cheating their customers out of money or inviting complaints (and people requesting/demanding refunds) by delivering a product which looks bad on those warframe skins it wasn't meant to be used on.

Hence, I think this is why they've gated voidshell textures to specific voidshell-compatible warframe skins: They want the textures used where the skin was specifically designed not only to use the voidshell textures, but to look good while doing so.

LN

il y a 16 minutes, L0rd_Nightmare a dit :

This is a silly argument. I believe the reason that DE isn't allowing (without bugs, which get fixed periodically) the voidshell textures to be applied to non-voidshell skins, has to do with the way the UV maps for the skins work.
Look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping for an explanation of how this works.

I believe (and I'm not a DE dev and could very well be wrong here) that because of the way that the voidshell textures apply (using shaders and other tricks) over top of the pre-UV-mapped skin would cause certain parts of the voidshell textures to be warped and generally look wrong/bad on the original, not-meant-for-voidshell skins.

I don't think that applys here, The void shell clearly use procedural textur on the mesh. So the UVs arn't necesary, it's prety much a use of shaders and material ( I'm a dev of video game on Unity so i'm prety sure of what i'm talking about ) the thing is, they don't work on unity SO, theyr own game Engine may have some feature that render difficult the change of matreial on hold mesh. i'm sure there should be explanation to why,

and also the resone it's work on the skin of Styanax is that Styanax skin AS the new mesh system and so it's works AUTOMATICALY. it's a choice that they made to not allow the change of material, not a because it's 'not perfect' i'm prety sure it is.

Archived