Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new melee connecting attack

Frendh

3 hours ago, Frendh said:

I only paid attention to nikana and the machete in the new quest. I just assumed it is universal.

I don't see it. I've tried Dragon nikana & Gazal machete.

Some attacks have "forward movement" when they should stand. This is only what I see. It's not about killing enemies. And it was for long time.

12 hours ago, quxier said:

I don't see it. I've tried Dragon nikana & Gazal machete.

Some attacks have "forward movement" when they should stand. This is only what I see. It's not about killing enemies. And it was for long time.

I definitely have a new dash on kill both on E and E+W. It is like a one or two step dash. Blind Justice. Seems like I need to be pretty close to the next enemy for it to proc.

I didn't read the patch notes thoroughly enough and was pleasantly surprised by this change, but I also noticed that there is now a weird delay after the first attack with a melee weapon before it starts the actual melee combo. At least, that's what I've noticed with my Orthos Prime

For me this change feels like it's incomplete and usually results in a bad feeling as I either start drifting in a weird direction when doing a stationary combo, or I teleport inside a nullifier bubble, also, it really doesn't work with the right click forward combos as it often completely stops those in place or it launches them across the entire room. I think this needs to behave in a predictable and consistent way rather than the way it does now. The previous combo system was just fine, if anything, adding in the ability to press some other input to move you towards the next best target would be more desirable I think.

Hi, i sincerely do not like this dash, i do not know if it is intentional or not, as i did not see any mention in the patch note, of there being an change to melee weapon outside of the bug and crash fix. It can get pretty unnerving when i just stand still pressing E then make a mad dash into a chasm or a nullifier orb, that plus imo it is pretty disorientating. One of my friend who play melee only is amused yet clearly say it's bothersome, as there as combos that exist just to move around.

Archived