Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

request for adding technical test server

dankbongripper98

some changes in the latest update were necessary but some reworks like the merciless arcanes are questionable,  since this also affects single target weapons.  also that one of the scaffolds has been affected by the aow nerf.

i suggest a dedicated technical testserver in order for the devs to get direct feedback without having to filter through the many singular complaints from the playerbase. this way a live update might take longer but the result will be a better game in my honest opinion

12 minutes ago, dankbongripper98 said:

some changes in the latest update were necessary but some reworks like the merciless arcanes are questionable,  since this also affects single target weapons.  also that one of the scaffolds has been affected by the aow nerf.

i suggest a dedicated technical testserver in order for the devs to get direct feedback without having to filter through the many singular complaints from the playerbase. this way a live update might take longer but the result will be a better game in my honest opinion

Us on PC is the test server xD

We commented on this on the latest Devstream:

Public Test Clusters
If you played in 2020, you may be familiar with our efforts to introduce semi-Public Test Cluster weekends, which allowed a small section of the playerbase to playtest changes before they were released. In the years following, organizing those weekends has become an increasingly difficult challenge as we pivoted to simultaneous platform releases in 2021. These simultaneous releases are a priority to enable Crossplay, but are not an excuse to avoid Test Cluster weekends -- simply another logistical hurdle that we hope to overcome.

We value the feedback that we are able to receive from these playtests and hope to have them return in the future, but wanted to shed some light on their disappearance for those inquiring Tenno.

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-163-overview

16 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

Us on PC is the test server xD

Only now that the Updates release on all Platforms at the same time, it's us on PC being the test server which gets patched frequently and everyone else being the test server which waits two extra months for the Stack Decay bug to be fixed.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

We commented on this on the latest Devstream:

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-163-overview

I really appreciate you guys explaining the position and fully understand the difficulty of having both simultanious releases and public test clusters. But if you can make it work I really think you should, especially now that consoles get the first version along with PC but still have to wait much longer for hotfixes. Personally, I'd take updates a couple of weeks later if the rough edges have been polished off first thanks to publc tests.

How are test clusters and simultaneous releases even related, these should be orthogonal problems... Also, we don't want "play tests" or "Test Cluster weekends", we want permanent test clusters that are updated with, obviously potentially broken, new stuff well in advance to be able to test before things hit live. So what if cert takes 2 weeks or whatever? Put the cert build on test servers a week or two before it goes into cert. This whole thing smells more like "drop new stuff ASAP to get to the next big thing" and "how much can we jam into the build just before it goes off to cert".

Edit: To be fair, calling it orthogonal problems is a bit of a stretch. But these really shouldn't block each other.

With each update, I find myself thinking DE needs some sort of "test branch" before releasing new content or tweaking old mechanisms : every patch comes with balancing issues, and most of them could be spotted and fixed before release if the people who actually play the game had a chance to test them.

I don't know how QA is done at DE, but it's pretty clear there's a gap between how the game is perceived by devs & players.

• 3 weeks later...

Please start acting responsibly and start using a public test server to test new game changes before they hit live servers. There have been way too many things, including the last update, that were clearly untested and thrown onto live servers, treating random, unaware and unwilling players like guinea pigs and ruining warframes/weapons, economy in the process. More often than not these changes get adjusted over time, sometimes dramatically so (almost or completely reverted) so the shock is completely unjustified anyway. So again, please drop updates such as the veilbreaker on a public test server (accessible by anyone) and then only add the fine adjusted update on the live server.

Archived