Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Basmu is now even more better after the nerf....[mechanical abuse/synergies]

Amolistic.

The infinite ammo nerf on primaries varies depends on its mechanism, and basmu seems to get gutted the most, same as shedu.

But because i only own myself basmu, thus i can only test on the post-nerf basmu.

Yep, it hits hard.

And you'll think I will say its unplayable now, right?

WRONG.

Remember the basmu mechanics?

• Basmu has a 2.5 second reload animation from empty to full [if you deplete it all in the first place, in before, this is very bad, thus forcing basmu enjoyers like me to time our shots and left only a few ammo left to gain the 42/s (pre-nerf) recharge.]; if there are still rounds left, there is a delay of 0.2 seconds after which it regenerates 10.5(now) ammo per second; it takes 2 seconds to regenerate a fully depleted battery excluding the delay.

it has those healing pulses if you deplete all your ammo, and your basmu will take 2.5s to reload.

AND WE'RE GOING TO ABUSE THIS MECHANIC TO ITS FULLEST.

THE RELOAD SPEED IS AFFECTED BY RELOAD MODS.

PRIMED FAST HANDS WITH PRIMARY MERCILESS GIVES YOU+85% RELOAD SPEED. 

After some calculation:

Current Reload Speed:   2.5s / 1+ (55%+30%) = 1.35s (or 1.4s when shown in-game)

Now, if you dont deplete all, it will take 2s to recharge to full.

IF you deplete all, only 1.35s. 

Yeah its still a net nerf, but at least its playability was "buffed" vs if you play like the pre-nerf version.

It was a memey build made by me just for fun when i first try out basmu, now coincidentally become the best solution for basmu to not fall into irrelevancy.

THATS ALL FOR MY TED TALK, HOPE YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT THE BASMU.

4 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

Correct me if im wrong, but pre nerf it would only take ~1.2 seconds to reload if you stop at 1 ammo without wasting a mod slot on primed fast hands. so its a nerf not a buff.

Oop sorry I didnt mention all the details quite well....its still a net nerf tho, but in terms of all nerfs to all recharge wep, it definitely become more stronger in all of them.

Archived