Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Compromise on CCing Eximus units.

(PSN)M00n_Slippers

As we all know, currently Eximus units are immune to virtually all CC. While this definitely makes them high priority targets, as intended, for some frames that rely on CC for survival, this can ruin their usability in high level missions. I don't think it's bad to make Eximus especially resistant to CC, since it's something almost every frame can do without thinking about it, so that resistance gives an added challenge. But I also think these frames that really need it should still be able to CC them, so they can remain usable, so what should be done?

Probably someone has thought of this already, but I think a possible compromise is to keep Eximus units immune to generalized CC but make them vulnerable to targeted CC. For instance AOE type CCs would not effect them but CCs that cast on a target would still work.

For example, take Khora. Khora has two great CC abilities, Strangledome and Ensnare. Strangledome is cast in an area and drags in any enemies that get close into the dome. This would be a generalized CC. Ensnare can be cast on a specific target which will be chained up and chain more enemies nearby into a nice group. In this example, Strangledome, would not CC Eximus. Ensare could not drag in an Eximus unit if it was cast on another enemy, but if directly cast on the Eximus it would work, possibly with a decreased duration.

So abilities that could CC Eximus might include: Frost's Freeze, Garuda's Blood Forge, Grendel's Feast, Khora's Ensnare, Limbo's Banish, Mag's Magnetize, Nyx's Mind Control, Revenant's Enthrall, Titania's Lantern, Trinity's Well of Life, and Xaku's Gaze. There are plenty of Helminth's among these abilities that any frame that really needs or wants to be able to CC Eximus units would be able to get an ability that can do so, possibly even boosting the popularity of some of these lesser used subsumed abilities.

So did I miss any abilities that make sense to as targeted CC? Do you think Eximus units are fine as they are or would you want something like this?

If they're still able to enact their special abilities and be a threat as an Eximus, I think it'd be okay. Those abilities are meant to be avoidable or have some other kind of universal counter, after all. From rolling into Arson waves to shooting those electric orbs. Meanwhile, our CC - in the case of Warframes that need it - is more of a counter to regular assaults.

That would probably mean Venomous types are a no-go: they're not much of a threat if they're stuck standing still. Also might mean Grendel is off the table, lest he quite literally blow up from the inside. Plus there may have to be some restrictions on effects. If they're tumbling around with Titania and we can yeet them across the solar system, that's probably not great either. That may also mean Mind Control doesn't enable friendly fire, but could have a sleep effect instead.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

As we all know, currently Eximus units are immune to virtually all CC. While this definitely makes them high priority targets, as intended, for some frames that rely on CC for survival, this can ruin their usability in high level missions. I don't think it's bad to make Eximus especially resistant to CC, since it's something almost every frame can do without thinking about it, so that resistance gives an added challenge. But I also think these frames that really need it should still be able to CC them, so they can remain usable, so what should be done?

Probably someone has thought of this already, but I think a possible compromise is to keep Eximus units immune to generalized CC but make them vulnerable to targeted CC. For instance AOE type CCs would not effect them but CCs that cast on a target would still work.

For example, take Khora. Khora has two great CC abilities, Strangledome and Ensnare. Strangledome is cast in an area and drags in any enemies that get close into the dome. This would be a generalized CC. Ensnare can be cast on a specific target which will be chained up and chain more enemies nearby into a nice group. In this example, Strangledome, would not CC Eximus. Ensare could not drag in an Eximus unit if it was cast on another enemy, but if directly cast on the Eximus it would work, possibly with a decreased duration.

So abilities that could CC Eximus might include: Frost's Freeze, Garuda's Blood Forge, Grendel's Feast, Khora's Ensnare, Limbo's Banish, Mag's Magnetize, Nyx's Mind Control, Revenant's Enthrall, Titania's Lantern, Trinity's Well of Life, and Xaku's Gaze. There are plenty of Helminth's among these abilities that any frame that really needs or wants to be able to CC Eximus units would be able to get an ability that can do so, possibly even boosting the popularity of some of these lesser used subsumed abilities.

So did I miss any abilities that make sense to as targeted CC? Do you think Eximus units are fine as they are or would you want something like this?

Frost can armor strip eximus I'm happy

3 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

If they're still able to enact their special abilities and be a threat as an Eximus, I think it'd be okay. Those abilities are meant to be avoidable or have some other kind of universal counter, after all. From rolling into Arson waves to shooting those electric orbs. Meanwhile, our CC - in the case of Warframes that need it - is more of a counter to regular assaults.

That would probably mean Venomous types are a no-go: they're not much of a threat if they're stuck standing still. Also might mean Grendel is off the table, lest he quite literally blow up from the inside. Plus there may have to be some restrictions on effects. If they're tumbling around with Titania and we can yeet them across the solar system, that's probably not great either. That may also mean Mind Control doesn't enable friendly fire, but could have a sleep effect instead.

True true

I guess the only best compromise is to give overguard enemies the adapting stun idea, where the initial hit from the ability stuns them for like 4 seconds, and the next does it for 3, then 2 and just stays at 2.

Its the only way i can see them still being a big threat but not unfairly killing anyone.

Or add a damage cap to overguard enemies to where they cant deal more than 25% of the player's shield or health as damage per second.

(25% Player Health) x (Enemy Firerate) = Max Damage

Because its that scaling damage that really makes you need to counter them at some point, but you cant fairly do it because they could be out of view before you notice them. If DE doesnt want to encourage camping, then its something to consider.

Archived