Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.2

[DE]Connor

49 minutes ago, TwoSouls_VII said:

I appreciate the undo on the regen ammo nerf. The slow regen made those weapons all but useless. Not particurally fond of the idea that these weapons, which aren't particularly op, are still being looked at for a nerf. You killed melee, now AOE, I'm not sure who asked for these changes but it certainly was not the community at large. I am curious when we will finally see enemy numbers increase in mission types, and/or encourage players to spread out so Bramma users can flex in a way that doesn't cause the Braton user the inability to actually kill anything.

legit from when i started playing in 2014 i think theyve made something like 5 wide scale nerfs to AOE, each time 99% of the fanbase is unhappy about it but 1% of the active playerbase screams and yells how happy they are that people arent able to play the game in any of the ways they want anymore. i really dont know why they keep nerfing stuff for the 1% of players that want everyone else to have to use an unmodded mk1 paris without using abilities. the repeated removal of viability from players that want to not just play a game that requires you to walk forward while shooting down a hallway is incredibly exhausting when we already had the answer to stopping people from using AOE nonstop in the form of old school raids, where someone killing more than a few enemies in the span of 30 seconds would actually be punished pretty hard in that the enemies would respawn without any CC.

Add in to that that part of the problem is that there are practically no good single target weapons because when they want to make a new weapon good they give it high status, high crit, high damage, and high aoe potential all together rather than each weapon being good at only one or 2 of those things and it makes the game feel absolutely awful, because again, the problem isnt really AOE being strong, and never has been, and we all keep saying this every year, the problem is that theres no reason why i would WANT to use any of the single target weapons.

also stop nerfing S#&$ for how it performs in level 10 content (like how ember effectively got deleted years ago and is still unusable to this day) when level 100+ content (where single target damage WOULD shine if it had better damage than it does) has no reason to be run. 1 steel essence every 5 minutes is kinda a S#&$ reward when you consider that you need 75 to do the only thing that anyone would ever want to farm infinitely for. what the actual hell? this essentially means that if i run a fissure survival in the steel path for six hours and 15 minutes, i only get one of the reward that is specifically from running the steel path. again; what the actual hell?

so to summarize, the way to actually fix the game is; rather than garbage canning everything people like every 2 years; just make content that encourages single target damage at a high level with rewards that arent absolute trash. make there be literally any reason why i would want to run higher level missions, because more than 6 hours of grind for a random riven aaint it, neither is the new content requiring more than 75 weeks of grind per frame in a game where players use up to 50 different frames not counting dupes. (as it is it will take someone 73 YEARS to get the shards for the frames already out, and more than a year and a half just for ONE)

oh right, also fix mag 3 and obereon 4 armor stripping, as neither works

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

When we were reviewing ammo acquisition as a whole for Update 32, we felt weapons with Ammo Regen Rate Overrides, or “Battery,” in particular, needed a place within the ecosystem of change we had established. That said, upon review of feedback, we recognize we were a bit heavy-handed with the changes we made to Battery weapons. We have restored their original values for the time being while we reassess how we can better approach these weapons. 

Just wait and see how things settle with the regular changes. I know it can be tempting to tweak all the knobs just to be sure, cover your bases ahead of time, but sometimes all you need is one change and everything ends up in a happy place. Battery weapons might be more popular from the other changes, but if it's only by a percentage point, is it a big deal? It might only be a few outliers that could use some tweaks to ammo regen - and that's a pretty easy number to tweak, right?

Pass it on to everyone to just, y'know, chill. I mean if something crops up, don't let it go for two years. But gather a touch of data over a few weeks? A month? I think that'd be fine, just to make sure. Pre-empt the process leading to the next change, not the change itself.

And just remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. You're allowed to go one step at a time. Trepidation is not cowardice, but caution and care.

A big sigh of relief with the battery weapons. 

None of them were top tier crazy, their unique value proposition always was how they took ammo concerns out of the equation, making them curious side-grade building pieces for various setups. The initial hit to them was absolutely "but why."

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

Added a HUD message when in the spectator screen to clarify that you’re not eligible for the Archon Hunt reward. Must be alive to get the booty!

Can't Wait For those Host Migrations for when The Host Dies....

You Might Aswell just Simply Auto Remove Those Players Since there's no Reason to Stick Around if you're Dead...

Well my post got removed by DE, what i´m supposed to do? I report the textures changes as bug and feedback for two years but nothing was fixed, your selling one thing and after months changing it to look different, and not just that it looks uglier than the original

also me and a lot of people complain that the environment light, adaptation and other effects that cannot be turn off hurting  our eyes, again nothing fixed 

do i have to go to reddit or twitter? you seen to listen people feedback on those sites

22 minutes ago, Lavantant said:

legit from when i started playing in 2014 i think theyve made something like 5 wide scale nerfs to AOE, each time 99% of the fanbase is unhappy about it but 1% of the active playerbase screams and yells how happy they are that people arent able to play the game in any of the ways they want anymore. i really dont know why they keep nerfing stuff for the 1% of players that want everyone else to have to use an unmodded mk1 paris without using abilities. the repeated removal of viability from players that want to not just play a game that requires you to walk forward while shooting down a hallway is incredibly exhausting when we already had the answer to stopping people from using AOE nonstop in the form of old school raids, where someone killing more than a few enemies in the span of 30 seconds would actually be punished pretty hard in that the enemies would respawn without any CC.

Add in to that that part of the problem is that there are practically no good single target weapons because when they want to make a new weapon good they give it high status, high crit, high damage, and high aoe potential all together rather than each weapon being good at only one or 2 of those things and it makes the game feel absolutely awful, because again, the problem isnt really AOE being strong, and never has been, and we all keep saying this every year, the problem is that theres no reason why i would WANT to use any of the single target weapons.

also stop nerfing S#&$ for how it performs in level 10 content (like how ember effectively got deleted years ago and is still unusable to this day) when level 100+ content (where single target damage WOULD shine if it had better damage than it does) has no reason to be run. 1 steel essence every 5 minutes is kinda a S#&$ reward when you consider that you need 75 to do the only thing that anyone would ever want to farm infinitely for. what the actual hell? this essentially means that if i run a fissure survival in the steel path for six hours and 15 minutes, i only get one of the reward that is specifically from running the steel path. again; what the actual hell?

so to summarize, the way to actually fix the game is; rather than garbage canning everything people like every 2 years; just make content that encourages single target damage at a high level with rewards that arent absolute trash. make there be literally any reason why i would want to run higher level missions, because more than 6 hours of grind for a random riven aaint it, neither is the new content requiring more than 75 weeks of grind per frame in a game where players use up to 50 different frames not counting dupes. (as it is it will take someone 73 YEARS to get the shards for the frames already out, and more than a year and a half just for ONE)

oh right, also fix mag 3 and obereon 4 armor stripping, as neither works

1 hour ago, Furyk-Karede said:

Also, for several updates now, both Operator and Drifter Eye Accessories not rendering as client.

It's been months.

Nearly a year for drifter. Ive noticed at least in the case of the Zenoriu mask, it floats behind and up above the head rather than just not being there.

1 hour ago, TwoSouls_VII said:

I appreciate the undo on the regen ammo nerf. The slow regen made those weapons all but useless. Not particurally fond of the idea that these weapons, which aren't particularly op, are still being looked at for a nerf. You killed melee, now AOE, I'm not sure who asked for these changes but it certainly was not the community at large. I am curious when we will finally see enemy numbers increase in mission types, and/or encourage players to spread out so Bramma users can flex in a way that doesn't cause the Braton user the inability to actually kill anything.

100% this. the game heavily encourages players to stick close together in nearly everything but spy missions. and this more than anything is the reason aoe causes issues. and a lot of the problems with coop play in this game in general.

It seemes counterintuitive to tell players to split up for a cooperative game. But for this one where a single player can evaporate hoards of enemies, and kinda needs to be able to for solo to even be possible for some missions, it's far better to give players the option to split up and get out of eachother's way to complete a mission more effectively.

Spy, Disruption, Interception, and Cascade are all mission types that do this well.

Il y a 1 heure, Clem2-TheClemening a dit :

If you must nerf Bubonico, would you consider just lowering the alt fire (and only the alt fire)'s damage? In what seems to be it's intended playstyle, it's rather important to be able to "spam" it to weaken enemies with status effects before finishing them off with the primary fire. Of course, players spamming the alt fire to kill enemies directly just results in it being the new Zarr, so something needs to happen.

I kinda agree with that. Well, I'd rather have the Bubonico not being nerfed, since it's not that op compared to the previous state of other AoE weapons, but if it ultimately needs to be nerfed, please nerf the damage, not the fun alt-fire spam :O

1 hour ago, MakotoSmile said:

As long as I didn't test any battery weapon post-nerf. it doesn't make much sense to reduce 50~70% of a weapon recharge speed and then just revert. Why not change from 50% reduction rate to like 20% reduction rate?

Because out of all of these weapons at most one or two (tenet cycron and bubonico) needed a nerf in the slightest, while most of them were already rarely used, if anything some of them need buffs.

Huzzah! Thank you DE, I'm glad to see the battery weapon changes reverted. Frankly, I think they're fine as is (though I am biased, I love my Fulmin). Compared to the power level of newer weapons like the Phenmor and the Laetum, they already come up short, I don't think leaving their ammo economy untouched will make much of a difference.

В 08.09.2022 в 01:16, Masta сказал:

Update 32, was meant to fix the "AOE Meta" as they mentioned. Yet it seems to have affected Operator Amps, now the explosion of the Propa Scaffold doesn't deal headshot damage or something. I noticed it when I would shoot my propa scaffold at an enemy like a Thrax Centurion in the Zaramin, it does way less damage. This update was meant for weapons like the Kuva Bramma, Kuva Ogris, ..., etc which have been overused for the AOE capabilities. And they don't like the way they are used, wherein the player using them, doesn't have to aim and more so just looks in the direction of the enemy and shoots, and 9 out of 10 times the enemy will die. Yet it seems like this balance to AOE meant to be for those primary weapons and secondary weapons has spilled into Operator Amps. I don't think that the amps were being spammed nor are the AOE amps being used in a way that AOE primary weapons and secondary weapons have been using. I wanted to bring this to light. After all, I don't think this was meant to be an intended change because I don't think the AOE of amps was being overused or abused.

TLDR: AOE operator amps do less damage, probably because they no longer get bonus headshots damage. 

😣

I think Archon stretch needs to get Primed Stretch type stats. At 45% it is just a far more expensive regular stretch with minor energy refund for volt and maybe energy sustain for wisp if it works on reservoir stuns. Barely any difference for frames with elec, no diff for frames without elec except less mod capacity and less energy on start due to less excess capacity. 65% range plz

2 часа назад, [DE]Connor сказал:

We have restored their original values for the time being while we reassess how we can better approach these weapons. 

Good. Now do the same to other weapons and we're golden.

2 часа назад, Aceofgods сказал:

Make Archons farmable.

They don't need to be easier, they can even be harder, but ffs what is the point of new and engaging content if I can only do it once a week?

I enjoy the fight, it's nice to finally have a challenging opponent that makes me consider not just bringing my most powerful weapon and frame combination, but actually think about my frame's ability to survive.

And the shard system? 15 weeks to deck out a SINGLE FRAME, one of FIFTY, with specific shards. Oh, wait, make that 75 weeks because there's only a 1 in 5 chance to get a GOOD shard. How did this slip past quality assurance? Who saw the numbers for that and went "Yeah, seems good."

And this part is absolutely mental. I thought nothing can be worse than Elite Dangerous with its "27 real life hours to farm resources to deck out a single suit", but DE takes the crown(RIP Her Majesty) of the worst time sink ever.

Archived