Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why styanax doesn't have an exalted spear and shield?

LestryusYggdrus

He tried buying an Exalted Spear at the Exalted Store, but when ho got near the store, he saw a grizzled Excalibur outside the store, looking rough and drunk. As he got closer to the entrance, the Excalibur made eye contact and didn't break it. He burped and started to approach Styanax, and Styanax... well, he didn't want no drama, and he didn't have any spare change on him (since Covid, Styanax switched to using digital currency/credit cards etc exclusively). 

He thought he'd just wait a few a mins, and try and get to the store, but when he returned, not only was Excalibur still there, but so was a Wukong and Valkyr. They all looked rough, and then the strangest thing. They all started to do a dance, it was very slow, but they were in perfect synch. Styanax had never seen something so beautiful and strange. A single tear was shed, and then he went to the Ability Store and got an Ability Spear that is great, fun, groups enemies, making it great to use with his 2 and has some interesting tech. 

I think his 4/Ultimate should transform him into Russel Crowe and then he yells "Are you Not Entertained!" then does the meme pose. 

(Have you spent some time with his kit? I personally think he is pretty fun/well designed. I am not sure DE can just suddenly rework his kit... just because?!? Like what would be the reasons? Are they practical? Is it more to fit the idea of what he is in your head? Then how would we accommodate every players own subjective idea of what he should be? General reception seems pretty positive so far, I don't know. I'd be fine with modifications, but really like him as he is.)

14 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

He tried buying an Exalted Spear at the Exalted Store, but when ho got near the store, he saw a grizzled Excalibur outside the store, looking rough and drunk. As he got closer to the entrance, the Excalibur made eye contact and didn't break it. He burped and started to approach Styanax, and Styanax... well, he didn't want no drama, and he didn't have any spare change on him (since Covid, Styanax switched to using digital currency/credit cards etc exclusively). 

He thought he'd just wait a few a mins, and try and get to the store, but when he returned, not only was Excalibur still there, but so was a Wukong and Valkyr. They all looked rough, and then the strangest thing. They all started to do a dance, it was very slow, but they were in perfect synch. Styanax had never seen something so beautiful and strange. A single tear was shed, and then he went to the Ability Store and got an Ability Spear that is great, fun, groups enemies, making it great to use with his 2 and has some interesting tech. 

I think his 4/Ultimate should transform him into Russel Crowe and then he yells "Are you Not Entertained!" then does the meme pose. 

(Have you spent some time with his kit? I personally think he is pretty fun/well designed. I am not sure DE can just suddenly rework his kit... just because?!? Like what would be the reasons? Are they practical? Is it more to fit the idea of what he is in your head? Then how would we accommodate every players own subjective idea of what he should be? General reception seems pretty positive so far, I don't know. I'd be fine with modifications, but really like him as he is.)

I just think that it would be fun having the option for an exalted, at least something like garuda that if you don't equip any melee weapon her talons become the melee. just my opinion

I really hoped he'd have them exalted. The animation, and the arts they showed, made me think that at least the shield would be something he could wear. Having a shieldbash that strips armor and deals damage is good, it's strong, but it's definetely not what I expected.

I... got a bit disappointed, to be honest. It is good, but I hoped for a shield and spear.

I dont like it when abilities repeat, i crave uniqueness but even i would more than welcome an exalted spear and shield for a Spartan warframe.

Yes its an exalted melee, but they can be made different enough to where you can have a different experience with the warframe verses another.

Like playing valkyr vs excalibur in exalted mode does not feel the same at all. Valk has abilities that just makes you feel like a crazed cat whereas Excal makes you feel like youre a god with a sword. Theyre followed by animations too that make you feel even more like you are playing what the theme of the warframe promised

I dont play different warframes just for what abilities do, its about the experience they give. Its why im drawn to frost lettting me be a frost god

If i play a spartan warframe, i want to feel like a spartan. Make the dream come true know? Unlike excalibur and valkyr, maybe give the spartan warframe a constant charge forward when using his exalted weapons, and have him deal more damage the more you perfectly land attacks without pressing the attack button too early or too late. 

Different vibe but fits that theme of what you picture when you see a spartan

Archived