Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

pretty ironic that the Afentis and Aegrit released this update.

The_Royal_Elf_Mika

these weapons would be pretty fun to use if they didnt have such ammo issues.

in terms of stats, the Afentis has a slow RoF, delayed fuses on the explosives, a slowish reload and a 3m explosion range. the Aegrit has basically no ammo, can only hold 2s throw worth of ammo in a "Magazine" and only gains 1 ammo per secondary pickup. it also has a 70% falloff with a 9m range wile only having a max ammo of 10 and has to be remotely detonated.

these weapons would be tolerable if they had a decent amount of max ammo, but atm they have nothing going for them. thats why i find it pretty ironic that this update is the reason why these weapons will probably be barely used.

if you want explosive weapons to be used as strategic group clearers, you should buff both explosion range and weapon damage.

also, the Afentis has a explosive range 1m better than the Laetum yet gets such a huge ammo penalty? why? even with prime firestorm, it only can get to 4ish meters. it doesnt even fire fast like the laetum or do anywhere near as much damage as the Laetum.

my Review: DoA

no point in using after you get the Mastery. even as a gimmick weapon, kinda hard to play with the gimmick when you have no ammo.

Afentis is a Okay weapon, you can use it with Ammo Drum, but it struggles at 50+ enemies.

ill try formaing it because why not. ill do the same with Aegrit. but imo these weapons are prime examples for AoE weapons that didnt need a low ammo count.

they are already mid tier weapons stats wise, if their stats were higher id say the ammo nerf is fine.

but the Afentis for example needs precision accuracy to really do much and id barely call it AoE unless enemies are soo close that they could reach out to eachother.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

Afentis is a Okay weapon, you can use it with Ammo Drum, but it struggles at 50+ enemies.

ill try formaing it because why not. ill do the same with Aegrit. but imo these weapons are prime examples for AoE weapons that didnt need a low ammo count.

they are already mid tier weapons stats wise, if their stats were higher id say the ammo nerf is fine.

but the Afentis for example needs precision accuracy to really do much and id barely call it AoE unless enemies are soo close that they could reach out to eachother.

not at all

galvanized aptitude and chamber with hunter munitions, viral and some crit does more than enough to carry the weapon into steel path, id reccomend putting something like primed shred/vile acceleration for some nice QOL since the fire rate is kinda meh but its a pretty good speargun, you want to run merciless and get its stacks on trash but it doesnt even need serration with merciless existing

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

How does this manage to not mention the Afentis' entire gimmick of buffing fire rate, ammo maximum, recoil, and reload speed? That alone makes it pretty solid as a standard weapon, while also being a great utility weapon for your secondary.

mainly due to barely using its buff, its a small area and if i wanted it's buff id use Wisp+dispenser.  if it had like double the effect area instead of like a 2x2 area, it would be pretty useful. but also im a primary weapon player and the speargun just doesnt feel that great to use overall.

6 hours ago, Scorpin99 said:

not at all

galvanized aptitude and chamber with hunter munitions, viral and some crit does more than enough to carry the weapon into steel path, id reccomend putting something like primed shred/vile acceleration for some nice QOL since the fire rate is kinda meh but its a pretty good speargun, you want to run merciless and get its stacks on trash but it doesnt even need serration with merciless existing

how is Hunter munitions even viable with such a low fire rate though? even with vile acceleration, its only at 1.5 RoF. i also dont have the steel essence atm to put arcane merciless on it and id rather put merciless on the Scourge prime imo.

i did play them with 0 forma since i got them when they came out and i am planning to put several forma into them to see if i can make them okay,

just i actually find the Scourge to be a flat out better weapon. 

ill try formaing them a few times, but i feel like they are MR fodder based on my current experience. they are great VS 50 and bellow but there are much better weapons and even gimmicky weapons VS 50+.

42 minutes ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

mainly due to barely using its buff, its a small area and if i wanted it's buff id use Wisp+dispenser.  if it had like double the effect area instead of like a 2x2 area, it would be pretty useful. but also im a primary weapon player and the speargun just doesnt feel that great to use overall.

how is Hunter munitions even viable with such a low fire rate though? even with vile acceleration, its only at 1.5 RoF. i also dont have the steel essence atm to put arcane merciless on it and id rather put merciless on the Scourge prime imo.

i did play them with 0 forma since i got them when they came out and i am planning to put several forma into them to see if i can make them okay,

just i actually find the Scourge to be a flat out better weapon. 

ill try formaing them a few times, but i feel like they are MR fodder based on my current experience. they are great VS 50 and bellow but there are much better weapons and even gimmicky weapons VS 50+.

its good because if you focus on pumping up its slash weight by slotting in fanged Fanged Fusillade, you can reasonably proc slash from HM and status with galvanized aptitude, and when you do its ticks do a ton of damage since the AOE and projectile do a fair amount, using it with styanax/harrow/ any crit buffer as well also just makes it better to proc but you dont need to run them for it

Archived