Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[BUG] Screen is blocked by massive black square in Styanax Leverian.

Shiagur

Well, this video probably explains it the best:

Spoiler

But basically, I can't see anything when interacting with the spear and Styanax in his Leverian, because everything is blocked by a big old black screen.

It's basically still the same issue as this threat and everything said there still applies.  (other than the driver version which is 22.5.1 now)

Spoiler

Every now and then, I see a big old black rectangle flash up on my screen.

I don't think It's specific to any tile set because I have seen it pop up quite a few times, but this time I found a spot to reproduce it. 

I was doing a railjack mission in the veil proxima mission nsu grid. In the grineer station there was a spot where you can see the rectangle flash up, but you have to be pixel perfect for it to stay on the screen.

I tested if changing my display options would change anything and noticed that the smaller rectangle at the top disappears when I disable the glare display option, but the big one stays.

When I disable bloom both rectangles disappear, even when I swing my mouse around.

Also, I noticed the small rectangle has a small red line at the top and a small red line at the bottom, while the big one doesn't seem to have any colors other than black.

I have a Radeon RX 480 Graphics card and my graphics driver is the Radeon Softwareversion 20.11.3, which I will update right after I posted this and then see if that fixed my issue.   

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1253746-black-rectangle-of-bloom/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Getting this bug on latest game build as of December 2022, on a system w/ AMD RX 580 4GB and software/driver version 22.5.2. I notice I can reproduce it reliably by going into my dojo's dry dock with my helminth charger standing around near the center console. No problems when using the enhanced graphics engine, and large black boxes disappear when disabling bloom like most people have found (still have some small black artifacting showing up though.)

I'm delighted by the sudden traffic this threat is gathering. Keep it comingTenno! Maybe if we baloon this one up, we can finally get some dev eyes on it!

And maybe share your hardware and driver details, maybe that will help later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if its related to this bug but I just ran into a similar bug on Saxis, Eris; during a fissure run. I am running on Enhanced Engine DX11 with bloom turned off but it looks kind of similar to the posts on here. It only occurred when I looked at a certain player, included in the imgur link is a quick spam of screenshots trying to capture what the bug was, has their loadout and then options menu showing that bloom is turned off.
Incase its important here's my hardware: RTX 3090 (528.02 driver), R7 5800x, 32GB 3600mhz RAM, game installed on an SSD.

Edit: Ayo, idk how but I just noticed that bloom IS enabled. Looked at the wrong toggle button I guess lmao.

Archived