Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Take a hit DE

PrimalordialBob

Your reviews are mostly negative 3 days after the nerfs. Looking at your review record it's never been close to this bad. It's pretty clear the community does not like this.

Sure, you'll have the loud and proud minority trouncing over reddit and the forums pretending everything fine, but it really isn't. When you nerfed AOE you nerfed player efficiency. When you nerfed all AOE you showed that you do not respect players' time.

"But AOE was used too much, so it needs nerf."

Couple reasons why this is wrong. First, they nerfed many other ways to kill crowds. Mellee, CC frames, etc. So in a way they cornered players into either using AOE weapons or crutching on Saryn, and people chose AOE with a frame of their choice. Second reason is Warframe's content just consisted of hoards for the most part. If you don't want the players to use hoard killing tactics a lot, don't throw massive amounts of enemies at them all the time!

"AOE was being used to AFK with Wukong's clone, so nerf."

Barely anyone did this, and when I say barely I mean barely. Besides, it's easily solvable by giving the clone a cooldown timer like the crew mate. No need to go so far as in nerfing it and AOE into the ground.

"It makes the game too easy."

Mowing down hoards for the 10,000th time shouldn't be hard! Blame DE for the incredibly repetitive playstyle rather than players finding a way to not engage with that playstyle. Besides, AOE was only useful for hoards. Against strong single target enemies like eidolons it was useless.

"With AOE around, single target weapons are useless."

The solution to this is to make stronger single target enemies/mechanics that require a single target weapon, not nerf hoard killing tactics while keeping all the hoards around.

DE sent out random surveys to try and gauge the community's reaction. Well look no further than your steam reviews, it's pretty clear how most of the community feels.

6 minutes ago, PrimalordialBob said:

Your reviews are mostly negative 3 days after the nerfs. Looking at your review record it's never been close to this bad. It's pretty clear the community does not like this.

Sure, you'll have the loud and proud minority trouncing over reddit and the forums pretending everything fine, but it really isn't. When you nerfed AOE you nerfed player efficiency. When you nerfed all AOE you showed that you do not respect players' time.

Couple reasons why this is wrong. First, they nerfed many other ways to kill crowds. Mellee, CC frames, etc. So in a way they cornered players into either using AOE weapons or crutching on Saryn, and people chose AOE with a frame of their choice. Second reason is Warframe's content just consisted of hoards for the most part. If you don't want the players to use hoard killing tactics a lot, don't throw massive amounts of enemies at them all the time!

Barely anyone did this, and when I say barely I mean barely. Besides, it's easily solvable by giving the clone a cooldown timer like the crew mate. No need to go so far as in nerfing it and AOE into the ground.

Mowing down hoards for the 10,000th time shouldn't be hard! Blame DE for the incredibly repetitive playstyle rather than players finding a way to not engage with that playstyle. Besides, AOE was only useful for hoards. Against strong single target enemies like eidolons it was useless.

The solution to this is to make stronger single target enemies/mechanics that require a single target weapon, not nerf hoard killing tactics while keeping all the hoards around.

DE sent out random surveys to try and gauge the community's reaction. Well look no further than your steam reviews, it's pretty clear how most of the community feels.

I agree 100% with this.

Sadly unless the daily player counts decrease noticeably and/or people stop purchasing plat or tennogen items DE will probably do very little to revert most of these changes. They reverted some changes to battery weapons because it completely broke them but I'm not holding out for any other significant reverts on anything else. I've LOVE for DE to prove me wrong but they've really dug their heels into the ground with these changes. It's extremely clear they want to do what they can to prevent players from being able to easily farm resources or items.

They do not respect the players time, they'd rather be like your average P2W mobile game that only rewards players who are willing to pay to get ahead. Last years rotating selection of previously vaulted frames and items available only for purchase via real money was one huge red herring to this. 

Having players able to easily farm resources and in-game items does not align with the P2W business plan. It's clear that DE's owners are pulling the strings in this regard, hence why the huge ammo nerfs from multiple angles happened. 

162 days of playing, I have never seen a Wukong AFK, and didn't even know it happened until they used that excuse to nerf him.  However I see multiple people do that with Octavia every week.  But I guess she doesn't count since she's harder to get. 

With things like the how much the AOE nerf has hit most players, there are many frames who's kits are sorely outdated, and sometimes those cheese weapon builds are the only way to use them on SP and other tough content.  So now as someone that loves Hydroid for example, it's even harder for me to run him.  Especially since I don't have all the best mods or skills.

22 minutes ago, PrimalordialBob said:

Totally agree with this.  +1

They cause the problem with massive hordes and then wonder why players flock to weapons that can kill them. This nerf is not going to make me use all those other bad weapons. You did nothing to make them better. You want me to switch between all three weapons. No I will not... I play the way I like you can't force me to play the way you want. I will rather go find another game. I play the way I want and if I can't you lose a player and the money I would of spent. I listed in another post several ways to change things up but you went the lazy way about it. The stick over the carrot. You said you didn't want to nerf fun well buddy look at the steam numbers I beg to differ.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Choralone42:

I agree 100% with this.

Sadly unless the daily player counts decrease noticeably and/or people stop purchasing plat or tennogen items DE will probably do very little to revert most of these changes. They reverted some changes to battery weapons because it completely broke them but I'm not holding out for any other significant reverts on anything else. I've LOVE for DE to prove me wrong but they've really dug their heels into the ground with these changes. It's extremely clear they want to do what they can to prevent players from being able to easily farm resources or items.

They do not respect the players time, they'd rather be like your average P2W mobile game that only rewards players who are willing to pay to get ahead. Last years rotating selection of previously vaulted frames and items available only for purchase via real money was one huge red herring to this. 

Having players able to easily farm resources and in-game items does not align with the P2W business plan. It's clear that DE's owners are pulling the strings in this regard, hence why the huge ammo nerfs from multiple angles happened. 

they didn't shoot themselves in the knee with a gun here.
they cut off both of their feet with a chainsaw!

people are not stupid. and because of internet and cache you can hardly hide anything effectively. the customers have seen this sick nonsense and will never invest real cash in the game.

this will have blatant consequences for the company. and the company has loans from the bank with high pay tax, investors who want to increase their money, and and and...

from now on it goes steeply downhill.

10 minutes ago, Kanok72 said:

162 days of playing, I have never seen a Wukong AFK, and didn't even know it happened until they used that excuse to nerf him.  However I see multiple people do that with Octavia every week.  But I guess she doesn't count since she's harder to get.

I'm not going to say I agree with the way they phrased their reasoning, or that I think all the nerfs to Celestial Twin were warranted (as usual, I feel they twist too many knobs at once), but the general idea was that Wukong was too automatic. Octavia isn't great either, but the way in which she can achieve automation is pretty static: like Saryn, it's not going to work terribly well in an Exterminate or anything demanding some mobility. (That also helps keep "safe areas", where you can get far enough from Octavia to have enemies of your own to handle.) It's toeing the line, but barely remaining acceptable. Wukong toes the other side of that line.

10 minutes ago, Kanok72 said:

With things like the how much the AOE nerf has hit most players, there are many frames who's kits are sorely outdated, and sometimes those cheese weapon builds are the only way to use them on SP and other tough content.  So now as someone that loves Hydroid for example, it's even harder for me to run him.  Especially since I don't have all the best mods or skills.

I will still say a big reason these issues come up was the decision to market Steel Path as the next Starchart, rather than the optional boost to enemy levels players wanted when proposing it. They said from the get-go they wouldn't balance around it and they ought to have stuck with that, continuing with the more gradual increase in enemy difficulties as seen with new areas like Deimos and Zariman.

Making Steel Path a standard made things like weapon arcanes and, well, the standard that we now expect Warframes to meet.

3 hours ago, PrimalordialBob said:

Mowing down hoards for the 10,000th time shouldn't be hard! Blame DE for the incredibly repetitive playstyle rather than players finding a way to not engage with that playstyle. Besides, AOE was only useful for hoards

Yea theres immense satisfaction finding cool ways to speed the killing process up due to how repetitive it can all get

Hopefully this gets seen for the future

4 hours ago, PrimalordialBob said:

While I do think that the AOE amount used was high, it's also kinda BS how they had that as an excuse comparatively to the counter argument, cause if single target weapons were in the top 5, they wouldn't nerf them at all, which is weird considering how they go on about versatility, doing what you want to do, but with updates like this you just do two things. First, you shrink the amount of viable AOE weapons, and then after that you don't make it easier to use them on steel path, which cause more and more ppl to steamroll lower level missions instead of the higher level stuff, especially with steel path fissures, cause why bother with those when they aren't only slower, but basically make 99% of AOE unuseable cause you can't keep up your dmg on those missions with how small the ammo pool is, and even using single target, you're still gonna have the newer players (the only people who actually would care for AOE nerf, alongside a very few others) are still gonna fall behind someone MR 15+ with good built single target weapons are still gonna get ahead of them anyways.

4 hours ago, PrimalordialBob said:

100% Agree +1 To support your thread

Im a new 3months old player, the reason i hop into warframe because of the mechanics and the gameplay. It gives me flexibility to do whatever I want however I want to (as long as I dont annoy other players)

Yes, I do love AOE because they get the job done efficiently (swarms of enemies, SP minions) etc

Tiberon prime was my favorite gun until I realized how underpowered it was in SP and higher level missions. Its just that AOE gets the job done efficiently

If you wanted others players to use other weapons, then buff them up

If other players hate AOEs, give them the option of joining public match with NO AOE players

Now from what I see, its "dictatorship element" in this game, "Oh, my data/feedbacks we received says negative about AOE, therefore I need to fix it and all of you need to follow my WISH"

Hello DE....where is the "customized part" that you were once so proud of?  -> Everything is Customizable, we give Players Flexibility?

This is not my liking as I have spent countless hours and credits to build my weapons

4 hours ago, Kanok72 said:

Same. I don't deny that it was a problem, but I'm sure it was extremely exaggerated and not at all enough to justify making AOE weapons - I'm just going to come out and say it - unusable.

23 minutes ago, pinkxblack said:

in my opinion, the AOE nerf is bearable but the AMMO issue is way worse, countless guns become 10 sec toys and the drops is too minimum, i truly believe they did NOT test before!

The fact that they sent out random surveys asking how people felt about this shows it was very experimental. Your player base should not be your beta testers, and it's sad DE does not realize this

3分钟前 , PrimalordialBob 说:

The fact that they sent out random surveys asking how people felt about this shows it was very experimental. Your player base should not be your beta testers, and it's sad DE does not realize this

really! come on send that survey to all players DE!

The whole ammo nerf thing is just frustrating. All they are thinking about is people with "meta builds" that are ridiculously overpowered. But they fail to think about the people who play the game to actually have fun. Before the nerf Id usually bring out a really goofy kuva ogris build with nightwatch napalm, and run around as gauss just setting the map on fire. It wasnt that great in high lvl missions but it was visually pleasing to see fire everywhere and seeing myself get launched every time I blew myself up. Now I can only spunt one or 2 rockets at an enemy and then I have to wait around 10 seconds for them to (hopefully) burn to death. Then hoover up the tiny little ammo scraps they dropped in hopes of being able to light some other poor grineer on fire. What they have done is essentially make AOE weapons like snipers. But un-fun. Where you sit around trying to hit headshots for max damage instad of flinging yourself off the walls like the flash on crack, like the game is designed to be played. And even then, with really powerful builds on some of these weapons, you need multiple shots to take out some enemies in high lvl steel path. Its ridiculous. 

I honestly feel like they shouldnt be screwing over the good weapons that are currently being used a lot. Make more options for everyone to use by making the really weak, crappy weapons actually half decent and worth our time! Players like options! And all DE are doing right now is taking away our options and forcing us to use other things we dont want to use. Then people are going to flock to the next best option, and then DE will likely strip that from us too. Rinse and repeat. And if they keep stripping away our options, eventually we wont have any left. And when that happens, there aint gonna be any players left either.

1 minute ago, (PSN)DISCOgnome83 said:

To hell with you! To hell with all the Kuva Bramma, Kuva Zarr players that get all comfy with their one button kills all approach. To hell with my screen shaking ever 0.5s because you're launched another projectile in the direction of the enemy. To hell with my eyes burning because of your relentless firepower burning everything <lv100 in droves, and to hell with you feeling good about it. To hell with you asking me to come help because you've hit a lv5 Lich or Sister that your beloved Kuva Bramm, Kuva Zarr only tickles because you know nothing about the game, To hell with relics not getting cracked because you charge off on your own killing everything before it's become corrupted because you don't understand the game mechanics. To hell with the AoE meta and everyone that's complaining about the long overdue changes to it. Love the change DE, stay strong and let this absurdity run its course.

This isn't the exorcism, calm down.

If you are annoyed about AOE's visual effects then DE can, and should have already, made graphical fixes. Besides, AOE isn't the only thing that shakes your screen and blinds you. Eximus, certain abiltities, etc blind as well. Why only bring up AOE's visual affronts and not these? Seems pretty partial.

Never asked for help on a lich.

As for the relic scenario, rarely ever happens. Stop making mountains out of molehills.

Your hate of AOE, in my opinion, is irrational. It's like hating someone for wearing red shirts, it just doesn't make sense. The way you present your hatred as a borderline exorcism proves the irrationality of this whole thing even more.

I finally got around to grinding out the countless runs to get my Kuva bramma and Kuva Zarr because I LOVE AOE weapons. Single target weapons with precise aim requirements have their place. But when you have a horde of infested, corpus or grineer to mow down. It gets old fast if you have to run the mission 200+ times for whatever you are grinding. I have stuck to the ignis wraith for so long because it’s fun and effective. Love nothing more than to burn them all. Now with the bramma I can blow them up. The AOE nerf has really killed my enjoyment and I’m not spending nearly as many hours in game as I did before. Constantly having to drop an ammo pizza is ridiculous. 

The ammo changes are also garbage. Makes playing any weapon considerably more difficult. If you were going to nerf ammo pickups, instead of cutting the +100% max ammo from primary/secondary merciless it should have gone up to +200%. 

instead of running my hounds or other companions I am definitely now stuck with carrier prime just to keep my ammo up on the weapons who have taken such a max ammo hit. Honestly probably going to be logging in for my daily tributes and such for a while to see how this plays out. Every aspect of the ammo and AOE changes seems to be focused on “leveling” the field for the people newest to the game and discounting the immense investment in hours veteran gamers have put in. Around 360 login days in the last few years and regretting every dime I’ve spent to see such a comprehensive screw you to the hours I have put in grinding. 

revert the ammo nerf. Revert the primary/secondary merciless nerf. Revert the AOE nerf. YOUR decision to make it combat against hordes has shaped the AOE meta. Don’t penalize us for your decisions

27 minutes ago, PrimalordialBob said:

This isn't the exorcism, calm down.

If you are annoyed about AOE's visual effects then DE can, and should have already, made graphical fixes. Besides, AOE isn't the only thing that shakes your screen and blinds you. Eximus, certain abiltities, etc blind as well. Why only bring up AOE's visual affronts and not these? Seems pretty partial.

Never asked for help on a lich.

As for the relic scenario, rarely ever happens. Stop making mountains out of molehills.

Your hate of AOE, in my opinion, is irrational. It's like hating someone for wearing red shirts, it just doesn't make sense. The way you present your hatred as a borderline exorcism proves the irrationality of this whole thing even more.

Eximus units and their "effects" are an event. Bramma/Zarr would hit it every 0.5s, EVERY second for the entirety of a mission!! Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, BOOM, BOOM. I'm so happy it's stopped. You can tell me to calm down, I am calm, I'm so happy it's stopped. I'm not being irrational, it was annoying. I don't mind red shirts.

55 minutes ago, (PSN)DISCOgnome83 said:

To hell with you! To hell with all the Kuva Bramma, Kuva Zarr players that get all comfy with their one button kills all approach. To hell with my screen shaking ever 0.5s because you're launched another projectile in the direction of the enemy. To hell with my eyes burning because of your relentless firepower burning everything <lv100 in droves, and to hell with you feeling good about it. To hell with you asking me to come help because you've hit a lv5 Lich or Sister that your beloved Kuva Bramm, Kuva Zarr only tickles because you know nothing about the game, To hell with relics not getting cracked because you charge off on your own killing everything before it's become corrupted because you don't understand the game mechanics. To hell with the AoE meta and everyone that's complaining about the long overdue changes to it. Love the change DE, stay strong and let this absurdity run its course.

Lolll As an AOE player, I know the mechanic of the game. Change gun aura to black color. And do you know you have options to lower the effect and turn off screen-shanking?

This update hurts a lot but I can adapt as I have some mods/arcane/builds to compensate and revert to the way I play. But it's not fun for me to constantly look for ammo and manage it efficiently. It's quite ok with Energized Munitions but do you really want everyone to helminth this shiet all build all warframe? 🤣

Even with Energized Munitions could barely covered AOE ammo usage in steelpath. Then what about who don't helminth this ability? 

6 hours ago, Kanok72 said:

As an experiment, I tried to AFK with Wukong on a solo mission to see what the hype was about

The AI was so bad that I actually failed a mission for the first time in YEARS, he'd shoot into walls randomly, not account for obstacles in the way, and barely shot at a pace that would actually kill the crowd he was attacking

Honestly I'd say he's one of the worst frames to AFK with, the clone was more of a second player to shake hands with rather than a actual threat on the field

This entire balance run feels more like a reactionary nerf than something guided with a genuine understanding of why players didn't like what was happening. In this case? I'd say the Wukong clone was caught in the crossfire because people needed something to blame and he was the perfect target for all of it

Il y a 2 heures, pinkxblack a dit :

in my opinion, the AOE nerf is bearable but the AMMO issue is way worse, countless guns become 10 sec toys and the drops is too minimum, i truly believe they did NOT test before!

Actually this is the biggest problem with wukong nerf.

The twin damage nerf is ... meh ... ok i lose some dps and ttk but it's still a good damage and kill source.

But the ammo consumption of the twin was to prevent the wuzarr combo but in the end it prevent wukong to use 80% weapons of the game because the twin waste to much ammo.

Since the patch , how many time i ended up without ammo because the twin just waste his load. I end up using very high ammo capacity weapons with wukong lile tenora or soma , but it's not my playstyle.  I've loved my twin with astilla and me on melee but it's totally wasted

39分钟前 , (NSW)fonglis 说:

Actually this is the biggest problem with wukong nerf.

The twin damage nerf is ... meh ... ok i lose some dps and ttk but it's still a good damage and kill source.

But the ammo consumption of the twin was to prevent the wuzarr combo but in the end it prevent wukong to use 80% weapons of the game because the twin waste to much ammo.

Since the patch , how many time i ended up without ammo because the twin just waste his load. I end up using very high ammo capacity weapons with wukong lile tenora or soma , but it's not my playstyle.  I've loved my twin with astilla and me on melee but it's totally wasted

uh... i dont use WUKONG but i do use EQUINOX, of course your double will drain your ammos double fast, but im talking about a general situation here that we run out of ammos constantly these days, by now ive made hundreds "Large Team Ammo Restore" already!

Also, if fissure runs are the place where AoE being intrusive to other players is being experienced the most, then why not remove the era requirement to play a fissure mission and have only handful of missions active at the same time, like 3 (one fast, one long, one either or). Then you could match players of similar Mastery Rank to one another or make some changes so people could choose if the want to play with a random or with players around their MR. This way higher Mastery rank would not kill everything and then wait for lower MR to get to extraction, since they would compete with players of similar skill, and lower MR players would be able to kill stuff and be more engaged with the mission, since they would also play more with those around their skill. 

I just uninstalled the game and will never more invest on it, if i want a slow playstyle i can just stick to Destiny 2 or anything else.

Not even DE know what the game is anymore, they want to be Path of Exile + Destiny 2 + Indie Sandbox + StreetFighter + Flight simulator and everything just looks really bad and boring.

21 minutes ago, Vortex said:

I just uninstalled the game and will never more invest on it, if i want a slow playstyle i can just stick to Destiny 2 or anything else.

Not even DE know what the game is anymore, they want to be Path of Exile + Destiny 2 + Indie Sandbox + StreetFighter + Flight simulator and everything just looks really bad and boring.

Coincidentally I uninstalled the game today as well. This little post was a sort of 'last hurrah'/rant. And yes, it does seem like DE is having a mid life crisis. They just can't decide if they want to be a fast paced hoard shooter or a slow paced single target.

Archived