Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consider switching STYANAX's Accents slot's place with Secondary or Tertiary color slot?

SprinKah

I dunno if u guys noticed, but Styanax's accents color slot takes like...80% of his entire model, while his Tertiary/Secondary color slot applies to smaller accent/metallic details of his model. Pics below:

Spoiler

May be an image of text that says 'STYANAX Unranked PHYSIQUE Styanax Helmet Styanax Skin No Animation Set Selected Attachments Syandana Sigils > MATERIAL TRUCTURES COLORS Primary Secondary Tertiary Accents Emissive Energy Random Colors Default Colors'btCAF4z.png

L52Vuxf.png

This probably will become pretty problematic in the future for Styanax, especially when his Prime comes out, or perhaps a Deluxe.

For example, you know how PRIMES always save the ACCENTS slot for their GOLD details? It'll be very painful for those who want to use Styanax's 3 existing helmets and keep the Prime details. With how Styanax's color slots are set up, there will be no way around doing so without leaving Styanax's helmet quite dominantly yellow. 

Styanax's Tertiary slot affects his smaller metallic accent details, which I think would be way more fitting to be in the Accents slot. It doesn't affect more than half of his helmet, leaving them wholely intact for future fashion-ing. 

Heck, maybe switching with Secondary slot would also be really good, albeit even better, you can probably even customize it like Styanax Prime more with it being like that. But I think Tertiary would be safer for better fashionframing. 

Unsure if this is an over reaction, but I think it'd be a very good QoL for Styanax's fashionframe. 

Seconded.  Accents have been reserved for metallics for years now.  Why the sudden backpedal?  It might be a way to incentivize the voidshell purchases, if we're getting into conspiracy theory territory.  Or perhaps it's just a mistake that will get rectified.  

Off topic, but I just noticed that voidshell skins don't work with the relay blessing.  The enlarged version of your frame doesn't get the textures.  It's not that big of a deal, but it makes them feel unpolished and unfinished.  Like so much else in this game.

5 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Seconded.  Accents have been reserved for metallics for years now.  Why the sudden backpedal?  It might be a way to incentivize the voidshell purchases, if we're getting into conspiracy theory territory.  Or perhaps it's just a mistake that will get rectified.  

Off topic, but I just noticed that voidshell skins don't work with the relay blessing.  The enlarged version of your frame doesn't get the textures.  It's not that big of a deal, but it makes them feel unpolished and unfinished.  Like so much else in this game.

Honestly, IF Styanax's deluxe skins and Prime comes out, with their metallics/gold/accent details on the Tertiary slot, i'll be ok with how the color channels are set up.

But I don't think it'll be like that. It's not like Styanax is the only frame that is like this. Octavia is another example

8 hours ago, Pakaku said:

That looks like a horrible mistake on the part of whoever hooked up those colour channels.

I can also think of other, older, weapons that seem to mix up those channels as well.

weapons are one thing, at least they're separated, I don't mind them too much but warframes being like this are a real pain to deal with. 

Archived